Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    If 9 people score 1 point and 1 person scores 10 points, it will average out to 1,9 points. In this case, 90% of the participants are below average.

But at the end of the day, who cares? Everyone knows what he meant.
    I'm surprised somebody responded seriously, I thought the sarcasm in my post was pretty evident.

Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't want to accuse anyone in particular, but isn't saying "play what you prefer" a tiny bit hypocrite, when it's so much more difficult joining raids with specs that the meta considers subpar?

If a new raid comes out and you want to PUG it (maybe with an alt of yours, or perhaps it's Saturday night and you are the only one online in your guild) with a class/spec you absolutely love but SimCraft lists it as middle of the pack, are you sure that you'll manage to?

Sure you can start you own PUG with your rules, that's a 100% solid alternative, but I personally think that stating that no one should mind about the class you picked is a bit naive. It's totally true if you play with friends and guildies (unless the guild is hardcore or hardcore wannabe), but a class which is considered poor will have a hard time playing group contents.
    Couple of things here: A PuG leader recruiting from the LFG tool cannot see your spec unless they armoried you. For 99.9% of PuGs, this never happens. Assuming you meet whatever arbitrary ilvl requirement the leader set for the PuG, you'll be invited on those merits instead of the class/spec you're playing. For most of PuGs, people only seem to care about your gear not your class/spec.

Deleted
    Yes, I'm really torned apart. I mained few classes in 11 years of WoW, namely Druid, Shaman and Hunter (also Warrior for 4-5 months at the beginning of MoP).

Come Legion, I still didn't decide which one I'll play, but my heart is really screaming "HUNTER". Why I don't embrace this choice with my brain too? Because so many people will use it badly, and those who won't have an Ashbringer on their back will probably jump around throwing Barrages at critters.

This shouldn't bother me, as when I join a group/raid I always play well and am good mannered, but I can't deny that being looked as "the one who can't play a real class and go for the easy one" does bother me.

Same applies for my second choice as a main, Enhancement Shaman. Doomhammer will lure a lot of baddies, and the fact I demolished Yogg-Saron+1 (when it was current) wielding lightning, heart, fire and spirit wolves won't mean jack to those judging me at first glance.

Please consider all of the above a joke, I will still roll one of the aforementioned classes because I'm used to them, my toons already fought the Legion and I put a lot of efforts in them... but at the bottom of the bottom of my mind yes, the fact that they'll be considered "classes for noobs" does bother me a little. Is it a common thoughts? Have you ever changed your plans for a class/spec due to what people think about it?

Thanks.
    Wtf.....????

Yea, I'm guilty of this to a certain extent, but it also goes hand in hand with how popular classes are. I try to steer towards classes that are less played/"classier" such as mage or priest over hunters or paladins, even though admittedly, i find paladins and hunters funnier to play.

It's a bit of balancing when deciding on main and alts to be honest.

Yes, I'm really torned apart. I mained few classes in 11 years of WoW, namely Druid, Shaman and Hunter (also Warrior for 4-5 months at the beginning of MoP).

Come Legion, I still didn't decide which one I'll play, but my heart is really screaming "HUNTER". Why I don't embrace this choice with my brain too? Because so many people will use it badly, and those who won't have an Ashbringer on their back will probably jump around throwing Barrages at critters.

This shouldn't bother me, as when I join a group/raid I always play well and am good mannered, but I can't deny that being looked as "the one who can't play a real class and go for the easy one" does bother me.

Same applies for my second choice as a main, Enhancement Shaman. Doomhammer will lure a lot of baddies, and the fact I demolished Yogg-Saron+1 (when it was current) wielding lightning, heart, fire and spirit wolves won't mean jack to those judging me at first glance.

Please consider all of the above a joke, I will still roll one of the aforementioned classes because I'm used to them, my toons already fought the Legion and I put a lot of efforts in them... but at the bottom of the bottom of my mind yes, the fact that they'll be considered "classes for noobs" does bother me a little. Is it a common thoughts? Have you ever changed your plans for a class/spec due to what people think about it?

Thanks.
    No, I have never thought this because every class is played by noobs, easy to pick up hard to master. No matter what class you play it is going to be one that a majority of people play badly because they typically don't know what mechanic they are doing wrong that kills their effectiveness. Destro warlocks always use conflag haste boost to fire off faster chaos bolts but they should be using them on incinerates to generate more resources faster to throw more chaos bolts even if Chaos bolts are slower. They don't use utility abilities properly, just damage.

At that rate you would not be able to play any classes in this game and would just have to quit. There isn't a single class in the game that isn't played wrong by the majority of the playerbase.

Good job drawing attention to your 1337 credentials though, very important to tell everyone how amazing you are, after all what else are peacock feathers for? Gettin laid and reproducing? Not in ~this~ basement!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd be interested in the math you used to come to this approximation!
    you serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Wtf.....????
    Paladin is already the most played class and there are more Retris in WoW than all Monks or Rogues combined. In Legion, Retribution Paladins obtain Ashbringer, so there will probably be even more Pallies around.

Deleted
    Paladin is already the most played class and there are more Retris in WoW than all Monks or Rogues combined. In Legion, Retribution Paladins obtain Ashbringer, so there will probably be even more Pallies around.
    But you were talking about hunters mate :P The way you structured you sentence really made it look like you were implying hunters would be running with ashbringers on their backs

Think of your average WoW raider - Stands in shit, can barely do a rotation, possibly knows what to enchant his gear with but thats a stretch.

Now realise that this guy is 'average' and half of the wow raiding population is beneath this guy on performance.

You aren't escaping being mixed with bad players by playing a certain spec or class.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Good job drawing attention to your 1337 credentials though, very important to tell everyone how amazing you are, after all what else are peacock feathers for? Gettin laid and reproducing? Not in ~this~ basement!
    I raided hardcore only that tier, have always been casual. We killed Yogg number 278 in the world, so it was still "barely" current. Hope this clarification put the thread in a different light for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    But you were talking about hunters mate :P The way you structured you sentence really made it look like you were implying hunters would be running with ashbringers on their backs
    Poor English on my part, sorry :/

Just play wht you like and stop worrying about what other people do and have. Shit, what ever class you think is hard and elite is played by 10 million noobs every day.

- - - Updated - - -

I raided hardcore only that tier, have always been casual. We killed Yogg number 278 in the world, so it was still "barely" current. Hope this clarification put the thread in a different light for you.
    And nobody else in the world cares.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't want to accuse anyone in particular, but isn't saying "play what you prefer" a tiny bit hypocrite, when it's so much more difficult joining raids with specs that the meta considers subpar?

If a new raid comes out and you want to PUG it (maybe with an alt of yours, or perhaps it's Saturday night and you are the only one online in your guild) with a class/spec you absolutely love but SimCraft lists it as middle of the pack, are you sure that you'll manage to?

Sure you can start you own PUG with your rules, that's a 100% solid alternative, but I personally think that stating that no one should mind about the class you picked is a bit naive. It's totally true if you play with friends and guildies (unless the guild is hardcore or hardcore wannabe), but a class which is considered poor will have a hard time playing group contents.
    Stop playing with pugs or aspiring for the 10% mythic raid guilds. Any reasonable guild lets you play what you want, and a lot of those that do will still be successful. The difference between a "junk" spec and fotm, is so, so much more narrow than people realise.

What an absurd notion...

avoiding a class out of fear there will be bad players also playing that class? What the hell?

This has to be troll bait, ill just move along now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk where the hunter sterotype comes from but DK's and Warriors easily have the worst players.

well id just say play what you want and play it well and then you can be the gem in the sea of bads...

7+ Year Old Account
    If you play very well, as one of the classes full of bad players, then you are gonna shine even more! Since you do so well, you will proberly outshine most people; You will be able to say, that you are keeping up/beating other specs, and you are even playing "insert spec", which is played really bad by most players So go do you!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

...Not that I've ever reflected on this, but if there are tons of bad players in a certain class, I'd consider it beneficial to be that ambassador which masters the class. Same with my choice of dog breed. Rottweilers have a bad reputation, many unfit people buy them from shit breeders (that often mix in other breeds) and a lot of people are afraid of them. I won't forsake my favourite breed for that, I'll instead have myself and my dog be the ambassadors of the breed, showing what it's like when properly bred, raised and trained (extremely loyal, reliable, cool and willing to work).

I'd say I understand OP's feeling. Although class reputation has never stopped me from playing a class, it is indeed bothersome at times.
    For example, a female blood elf priest is often presumed as a narcissistic chick with half a brain...and a shadow priest as a wannabe dps who is bad at his job.
    It kinda feels like the racial minority, when you are carrying the constant pressure of having to prove yourself to others, while the natives can avoid this and still be treated as equal.
    Maybe it's just me.

If i play legion it will be as a shadow priest.... MAAAAYBE a warrior but i doubt it
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

As someone rolling Demon Hunter, I feel your pain. I rolled DK at the start of wrath for a patch, and the judgement against them was so real. Expecting some harsh judgement on being a DH in legion, but I'm ready for it and won't let it get me down.

Deleted
    Whatever class you play, i will re-roll for it and ruin it's name forever by being bad and running LFR only.