Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The utter defeat comes from 2 facts.
    1. Severe strategic mistakes on Hitler's end, since he lost his marbles.
    2. A combined force of 4 of the worlds most powerful military at the time. None of them was able to take on Hitler's forces alone. Everyone got their ass handed back, incl. the US in the beginning.
    Plus, again. That weapon type became a stable for every single military on the planet today.
    There must be something to it, if everyone adopted it.
    So, get your head out of your ass lol
    And nope, I've read it properly.. The whole thing shows how it doesn't matter what you call it.
    Of course, that YOU in the little conversation, is basically you.
    You're missing that what's important is the subject of the matter.
    You dismissing the debate itself, because of some wrong label.
    So many wrongs here. But it would be getting off topic, so I will keep it short.

Germany's defeat was because of the colossal stupid decision to invade Russia when they still were at war with England and the US would have eventually defeated Germany alone primary because of superior air power and resources.

But on topic there are combat tactical reasons for the pistol grip which really has no bearing on a lone individual shooting 49 people. He would have done it with a semi-auto rifle without the pistol grip just as easily. The major advantage was the high capacity magazine. But if he has very little resistance, even it would not have made a big difference.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-06-17 at 01:40 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Go educate yourself before spouting off rubbish.

It is too damn easy to turn a semi-auto into what is effectively a full auto.
    That's not 'full-auto'. It is still one bullet per trigger pull. It essentially just takes the trigger pull, creep, and reset down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Restricting the freedoms of Muslims is no different than restricting the freedoms of gun owners.
    Agreed - both require staggering mental gymnastics to get around the plain meaning of the verbiage in the Constitution. Of course, clever people engaged in sufficiently motivated reasoning can always come up with reasons those words don't mean what they look like to the uninitiated, but this is obviously just special pleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, this is good news I suppose. I don't know if it's true, but it's a rather sobering statement that no matter how much bed-wetting occurs in Congress from the Do Something Now crowd, it ain't gonna happen.

You know, part of what is causing your country to go insane is the fact that your people are so self absorbed. While you think it may be "GOOD" for your country to have more guns, it's not for other people, and if things don't change you WILL feel the results.

Your country is almost turning into some fucked up North Korea 2.0, except your blindness and ignorance to the rest of the world comes by choice, rather the force.

When you are the only country in the civilized world left who kills its own citizens on a mass scale every day due to less then common-sense gun laws, we'll see how much people enjoy living in that environment, or how willing others are to travel there. How willing mothers are to raise their children in that world. But then again, i'm not from your country. Perhaps this is a goal you are striving for, and i'm just too ignorant to understand.

I think that's it really... i'm just to ignorant to understand your country's ways I suppose... life is devalued down there. What can i say?

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    You know, part of what is causing your country to go insane is the fact that your people are so self absorbed. While you think it may be "GOOD" for your country to have more guns, it's not for other people, and if things don't change you WILL feel the results.

Your country is almost turning into some fucked up North Korea 2.0, except your blindness and ignorance to the rest of the world comes by choice, rather the force.

When you are the only country in the civilized world left who kills its own citizens on a mass scale every day due to less then common-sense gun laws, we'll see how much people enjoy living in that environment, or how willing others are to travel there. How willing mothers are to raise their children in that world. But then again, i'm not from your country. Perhaps this is a goal you are striving for, and i'm just too ignorant to understand.

I think that's it really... i'm just to ignorant to understand your country's ways I suppose... life is devalued down there. What can i say.
    You realize that none of this is actually an argument, right? A lot of it's pretty obviously false appeals to emotion. A "failure" to strip private citizens of arms is the polar opposite of "North Korea 2.0".

10+ Year Old Account
    And there is no way that he would have to deal with handling dangerous chemicals, storing them, buying them, setting up the method of delivery that would be proper and effective...

I mean he would just be able to walk into the local Wal-Mart and buy a few liters of "death gas" and pay for it with his Visa for extra Airmiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so the poster is just a SJW troll hoping to incite anger and to "trigger" people.

okay. got it.
    Yeah actually- he could. You can make mustard gas with $20, and a delivery system is as easy as cutting up two two litter bottles and some packing tape if you really wanted to cheap it. You'd be surprised about the chemicals you can get at any supermarket or hardware shop.

Deleted
    assault weapons are real end of topic people have provided links to wikipedia etc so its been debunked

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You know what I love most about Dutch gun control? Our gun crime rates are far below that of the US!
    The US is free to keep its laws though, Democracy and all.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    assault weapons are real end of topic people have provided links to wikipedia etc so its been debunked
    The definition of them exists, but it just happens to be an inane and ignorant definition. It's nothing more than fearmongering and paranoia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You know what I love most about Dutch gun control? Our gun crime rates are far below that of the US!
    Thanks, we're big fans of freedom.

Also for anyone who is interested, especially the Republicans and Gun Nuts, there is Radio Show called True Capitalist Radio that you guys would probably love. It's hosted by an angry, racist, texas hambone who takes callers and talks about "bed wetting liberals".

You guys would love it and it's on five days a week, no sub.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ghost

http://truecapitalist.wikia.com/wiki...pitalist_Radio

You're welcome

Here's a sample

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The very fact that people say, "Well we can't ban all guns now, that would be impossible" highlights the problem . But why would it be impossible? Because of the people i just mentioned fighting an invisible war.
    Because it would be actually impossible. Not only would you have to repeal the second amendment (not going to happen anytime soon) but you would need to go door-to-door and use metal detectors on every inch of land in this country to collect them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The "no more than 2 of these totally cosmetic features that don't actually affect the functionality of the weapon" nature of the ban is what made the AWB such mindless pablum.

You realize the United States won two world wars before we had a pistol grip on our infantry rifle, right?
    To your first point, I think there is a substantive debate to be had about the actual impact of these 'cosmetic features' and gun experts should have this in determining what should go into the definition of 'banned weapon type' (call it assault rifle, call it weapon-x, I don't care but it needs a legal definition and name to be discussed and enforced). Personally I doubt very much there is no difference between pistol grip and and no pistol grip but whatever, I'm no gun expert.

To your second point, comments like this are why you can't be taken seriously. You realize the Romans conquered basically all of Europe and much beyond before the invention of gunpowder! Just another irrelevant comment by Stormdash.

You MIGHT be able to make a case that your comment has any relevance if, say, the Nazis were using pistol grip rifles against our non-pistol grip ones. Then you MIGHT be able to make, the still incredibly weak argument that ignores a million confounding variables, you're trying to make. Please think for half a second before you post.

Honestly, you're not really convincing anyone or helping your case by nitpicking over terminology. Obviously the term "assault weapon" was coined because they needed something to refer to weapons that resembled assault rifles without selective fire. Now that might be a made up and arbitrary category, but then again, so is every other kind of category.

Also for anyone who is interested, especially the Republicans and Gun Nuts, there is Radio Show called True Capitalist Radio that you guys would probably love. It's hosted by an angry, racist, texas hambone who takes callers and talks about "bed wetting liberals".

You're welcome
    Well, it looks like you've realized that you have no argument.

This has almost nothing to do with a discussion about assault weapons. To the extent that gun crime is a problem, the vast majority of it is with small caliber handguns.

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome

Here's a sample

A racist? Gasp, I couldn't listen to that. I get the vapors just thinking about evil Texas racists!

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks, we're big fans of freedom.
    Explains why Trump is so popular.

- - - Updated - - -

This has almost nothing to do with a discussion about assault weapons. To the extent that gun crime is a problem, the vast majority of it is with small caliber handguns.
    Oh I know, just felt like it posting in the 100000th thread on 'Murican gun controll.

Explains why Trump is so popular.
    Trump is an asshat authoritarian... so is Hillary. They just happen to want to restrict different freedoms.

- - - Updated - - -

A racist? Gasp, I couldn't listen to that. I get the vapors just thinking about evil Texas racists!

I actually listen every day. The trolls that call in are hilarious.

I actually listen every day. The trolls that call in are hilarious.
    If you're listening obsessively to talk radio from people that you can't stand, it might be time to rethink some things in life. Maybe mix in some Planet Money or Hardcore History or EconTalk or just about anything where you might learn things without tons of shouty tribalism to revel in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is an asshat authoritarian... so is Hillary. They just happen to want to restrict different freedoms.
    That explains why both where picked as the candidates for their parties.