Poll: Staying, rolling DK or rerolling something else?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Poll: Are you staying DK, rolling one or rolling away from the class come Legion?

Greetings, Death Knights!

Now that beta has advanced and the prepatch is on the horizon I'm interested in what players of their respective classes think about what's happening to them.

Have fun voting! I'm opening a poll like this in every class forum to get the bigger picture and plan to condense the info for future reference.

We have split runs so I will be playing Demon Hunter and DK equally
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    DK for lyf.

After playing the PTR I am deeply in love with the class again.

I want to main my DK, but the Frost artifact and its mobility its very bad.

Deleted
    Yeah I think all artifacts are pretty immobile.

Quote Originally Posted by mortia View Post
    Yeah I think all artifacts are pretty immobile.
    Frost mobility

Staying DK, and with my average time to play in the week it might be the only class I get to this xpac, at least for a very long time.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    I want to main my DK, but the Frost artifact and its mobility its very bad.
    I'm right there with you. Frost has been my preferred DPS spec since Ulduar. I'm one of the few 13/13M Frost DK's left, I refuse to mess with the unenjoyable BoS Unholy spec. I'll be begrudgingly switching in Legion to DH as I can't justify my raid slot with no mobility or utility as a DK. I don't see us ever being in a situation where DK dps is so far above other melee classes that our lack of mobility/utility isn't hamstringing the raid.

Deleted
    After having played the different tanks on beta i've found that DK don't really bring anything unique(like mass grip) anymore and isn't stronger then a druid or paladin and DHs just bring more utility and way more mobility.
    so no i'll be swapping to play main a DH and a Druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    After having played the different tanks on beta i've found that DK don't really bring anything unique(like mass grip) anymore and isn't stronger then a druid or paladin and DHs just bring more utility and way more mobility.
    so no i'll be swapping to play main a DH and a Druid.
    was on ptr.. they do have mass grip oO

Quote Originally Posted by IronSavior View Post
    Only the tank spec does. Neither DPS spec have mass grip anymore.

I'm staying DK.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be rolling a DK come legion. I tried playing Frost on the Beta and found it pretty gun, then I tried Unholy and just...wow, I'm LOVING how unholy feels so far, definitely gonna be making that my main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IronSavior View Post
    never said they didn't have it anymore, just said it wasn't unique anymore.

EDIT: Demon Hunters have it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Away, unless I spend time checking out weapon-switch macros.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

At first, seeing alot of my core abilities being removed from Frost, I wasnt happy. Death and Decay was a nice little ability that helped out with AOE and Asphyxiate was also great being able to stun them watching them choke for a few seconds....and along with a few other abilities. Then I found out my instant heal Death Pact had been completely removed...and that's when I was really tempted to reroll. I love a class with an extra instant heal up their sleeve. The amount of time my ass has been saved by the Death Pact heal...and now we just have Blood strike which feels useless if your getting hammered hard.
    But...I do enjoy the new Frost Dual Wielding play style...so for now, I will continue to play my DK.
    But if DM turns out to be awesome, then Im switching
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2016-06-18 at 08:32 PM.

I really enjoy the new unholy, it's different but the popping of pustules and hordes of pets is exciting gameplay. It has nice sustained and burst in pvp, the pet death grip is a nice addition to our lack of mobility. The only thing that feels weird is the removal of death pact and other survivability tools it makes you feel squishy.
    Last edited by Felblazed; 2016-06-18 at 11:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll make my DK (currently one of my alts) my main in Legion. I'm coming from a monk. Main spec will be Frost (was Windwalker) and my secondary spec will be Blood (was Brewmaster). While both, Frost and Windwalker sound like they will be fun in Legion, I absolutely hate what Blizzard is doing to Brewmasters. Blood still sounds fun to me. That's why I'll switch over. I've got all classes at level 100, it's just a matter of "who will I level first?" anyway.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

DK is probably the most solid all around class I've played in the beta.

Frost and Unholy have improved greatly and are extremely fun to play. Frost is very similar to live, but has more polish plus FROSTSCYTHE is the best ability in the game. Unholy has been redesigned but it's now one of the most mechanically superior specs in the game.

Blood is a little rough around the edges and a bit less powerful/less fluid mechanically than on live, but I think after a bit more iteration it will be way more interesting.

Their artifacts, imo, are probably the best of ALL the other specs.

Class hall is a little meh, but it IS a Necropolis. So that's cool.

I can't really think of any other class where all 3 specs are mechanically solid and I'm interested in obtaining all 3 artifacts. DK is the only one. If I don't play DK, it will probably be DH.