Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is also a false rape accusion culture. Woman use rape accusions as a weapon against (mostly wealthy well known) men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Nobody is suggesting the mere fact that a crime occurs means there is a culture. It goes far beyond that. But hey, don't let me stop you from your tireless crusade against anything that even suggests feminism to you because reasons.
    Or, you know, it's just not a real thing

There is less evidence for rape culture than there is for Mossad doing 9-11, or that Kennedy was shot by aliens

It's just a thing feminists want to peddle because it fits an overall hate narrative of class persecution, where women are endlessly oppressed by men, and so hating men is justified

Making hatred justified is pretty much a necessity to sell the agendas of racists, antisemites, religious fundamentalists, feminists, and other hate groups

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There is also a false rape accusion culture. Woman use rape accusions as a weapon against (mostly wealthy well known) men.
    While even one false accusation of rape is unacceptable, the statistical evidence shows they are in fact very rare:

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/01/fals...rs_by_default/

Fact: men are more likely to be raped than to be falsely accused of rape. Men should care about rape culture just as much as women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    I don't know anybody who rationalizes rape
    The whole Brock Turner case.

"She was drunk so it was partly her fault."

"He was drunk so we should be lenient."

"He's an athlete so we should be lenient."

"This whole ordeal has potentially ruined his life, his chance at swimming, he no longer eats, all for twenty minutes of action! (all while ignoring the effect on the victim.)"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Or, you know, it's just not a real thing

There is less evidence for rape culture than there is for Mossad doing 9-11, or that Kennedy was shot by aliens

It's just a thing feminists want to peddle because it fits an overall hate narrative of class persecution, where women are endlessly oppressed by men, and so hating men is justified

Making hatred justified is pretty much a necessity to sell the agendas of racists, antisemites, religious fundamentalists, feminists, and other hate groups
    I'm just curious, can you site any evidence for rape culture not existing? I've posted numerous examples of it a few types in this thread. Rather than repeat myself, can I ask if you can refute any of my evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The whole Brock Turner case.

"She was drunk so it was partly her fault."

"He was drunk so we should be lenient."

"He's an athlete so we should be lenient."

"This whole ordeal has potentially ruined his life, his chance at swimming, he no longer eats, all for twenty minutes of action! (all while ignoring the effect on the victim.)"
    I already commented on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People generally don't go to nearly the same lengths to rationalize it away or victim blame when it comes to other crimes.
    Well, to be fair, "Lock your doors" and "You should have left a light on" is a fairly common response when someone's house gets broken into

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    The Brock Turner case is an extreme outlier, and outside of that piece of shit family, I don't know anyone who thinks that what he did is acceptable, or the court ruling tolerable.
    I don't know that they are extreme outliers. The "didn't do nuffin" memes became popular for a reason. Parents will pretty much always defend their children and plea for the least amount of punishment.

The judges ruling is about the only thing that is surprising

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I'm just curious, can you site any evidence for rape culture not existing? I've posted numerous examples of it a few types in this thread. Rather than repeat myself, can I ask if you can refute any of my evidence?
    What you quoted was 3 examples:

- 2 of celebrities protected by monied interests - this is a different problem, one of corruption and cover-up (btw same thing with Jimmy Saville - and to some extent catholic priests)

- 1 where some people tried to defend Brock Turner and the whole world told them they were idiots and should go to hell for defending an obvious rapist

Note that murderers etc are also often defended by family/friends because hey, that's what family/friends do

Again, there is no rape culture, we live in a strongly anti-rape culture

Society universally disapproves of rape; it happens because some people are rapists, and we all condemn them
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-06-17 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well, to be fair, "Lock your doors" and "You should have left a light on" is a fairly common response when someone's house gets broken into
    True, but they wouldn't say that no robbery occurred or that the robber should get off light for those reasons.

While even one false accusation of rape is unacceptable, the statistical evidence shows they are in fact very rare:

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/01/fals...rs_by_default/

Fact: men are more likely to be raped than to be falsely accused of rape. Men should care about rape culture just as much as women.
    Your statistics only count the ones where there is enough evidence to press charges against the woman. There are far more false accusions overall. You dont need to link feminist propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    What these cases have in common is that the victims are not believed by default, often even in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    Then we also have a murder culture, false rape allegation culture, etc.

A few examples is not proof of a culture.

True, but they wouldn't say that no robbery occurred or that the robber should get off light for those reasons.
    I dunno, if I walked down a dark alley and got mugged "some" people would say I got what I deserved and to be less stupid.

If (more like when) Brock Turner gets raped in prison, I expect a number of people to say he got what he deserved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    I hear this spouted a lot online but still don't really know what it is... Is it an attempt to say in modern times rape isn't considered horrible and is somehow considered acceptable? I honestly don't know
    Bad troll. No-one is this clueless or stupid except on purpose.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rape culture is a shocking state of affairs where a nation or society believes that those accused of rape and sexual offences are allowed the legal rights of due process and a fair trial.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Bad troll. No-one is this clueless or stupid except on purpose.
    You didn't answer

Hell if I know. I was accused of fueling it myself (as a woman) because I laughed at...I don't even remember what I had laughed at, but a classmate thought it was in poor taste and the sort of behaviour which made "men get away with their rape culture"...-_-'

Her sentiment was basically that "no woman should be OK with rough sex, because it'll condition men into thinking that ALL women want that sort of thing"...Like, what?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-17 at 03:34 PM.

Alright I'll let you in on the secret.

Rape culture is basically a buzzword yelled by blue haired feminists that are most of the time morbidly obese and shutdown the local buffet. Now lets get to the term 'rape culture'. You hear this normally yelled at events such as Milo Yiannopoulos' Dangerous Faggot Tour which is him giving speeches to universities about free speech and why feminism is worse than cancer. But now let me get to the term rape culture. Rape culture is basically what the obese feminist say because they secretly want the dick because they know that no sane man would ever go near their beefcake. You are welcome and you can thank me later.

Case in point: Trigglypuff
    Last edited by apeiron1234; 2016-06-17 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    What you quoted was 3 examples:

- 2 of celebrities protected by monied interests
    - 1 where some people tried to defend Brock Turner and the whole world told them they were idiots and should go to hell for defending an obvious rapist

Note that murderers etc are also often defended by family/friends because hey, that's what family/friends do

Again, there is no rape culture, we live in a strongly anti-rape culture

Society universally disapproves of rape; it happens because some people are rapists, and we all condemn them
    Um I don't know what you think happened in the Brock Turner case, but he was let off with a six month sentence. This wasn't just "friends and family," it was the judge. Cases like this happen often, this one just happened to go viral and make the public angry, which is not usually the case.

Here's another case:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ell-in-prison/

And before you dismiss this as "monied interest," there is clearly more than that at play here. This doesn't happen with murders and I've already proven that it was about public opinion, not money, in the Cosby and Allen cases.

Since legal cases aren't enough to convince you, how about media:

1. In the movie "Revenge of the Nerds," a woman was raped by a man pretending to be her boyfriend. This was treated was romantic.

2. In the original "Superman" a group of soldiers come across an unconscious woman and talk about how they are going to molest her, before the camera cuts away to imply that's exactly what they are doing. This is played as comedy/camp.

3. Rape in James Bond films has been treated as romantic.

4. More often than not, a man being raped by women or men is treated as comedy in tv and movies.

Another feminist invention, like the 75 cents to 100 cents myth.