Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Implications of Old Gods after Dalaran scenario [Spoilers]

So, in returning to Ulduar with Khadgar and Magni, there are some old familiar faces that pop up - faceless ones, or, more to the point, faceless echoes.

Judging from that, it doesn't seem like Yogg is completely gone, though it could just be the faceless that are left over after his quote unquote, death.

Granted, he says the shadow of my CORPSE will taint the land, but I found it interesting there would be faceless echoes, and not just demons, as the scenario is based on that more than anything.

Thought it was worth mentioning. So. Is he really and truly dead? Is it just Y'shaarj like? Is it just faceless ones running amok with Yogg gone? Is it a hallucination entirely different?

If they're echos, then I would imagine it's something similar to the sha, something to clean up afterwards but Yogg is still dead. It may also be possible that with Yogg gone N'zoth is picking up the slack or something.

Definitely leaves you with questions, I instantly tried to see if I could get to him somehow. xD
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-06-16 at 06:47 PM.

Echos mean they are images of the past, usually created by some type of strong magic, FROST DEATH KNIGHT ARTIFACT WEAPON SPOILERS! like the Echos of Ner'zhul and Arthas in the broken blade of Frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's just the shadow of Yogg-Saron's corpse choking the world for eternity, as promised.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I honestly just hope Yoggy is not dead after all...
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Y'shaarj was 'dead' but could be brought back to life using his heart. And his heart still had influence. I imagine it's the same situation
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I always found the concept of the old gods being minions of the void lords to be odd , seeing as they mention that the void lords are giant masses of flesh with the faceless ones being born of it, and the void lords arent in this reality.

I'm of the opinion that we are to restrained by our mortal concepts of life and death. The physical bodies of the old gods can be destroyed but the essence of them that first came into our world exists in some form. Hence how by bringing about its focus (like Yogg's heart) you can evoke the umbral old god. Similarly a void enttity (whether its a void lord, another old god, or the same old god) were to gain enough power that it might be able to recreate himself.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping an old god expansion brings thm all back to life, so we can fight them all one after the other in a cool raid. "You defeated us once but we are back"

Yogg Saron even talks to you during this scenario. That's a pretty heavy indicator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I am hoping an old god expansion brings thm all back to life, so we can fight them all one after the other in a cool raid. "You defeated us once but we are back"
    Aka, wow raiding backstory in a nutshell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I'm of the opinion that we are to restrained by our mortal concepts of life and death. The physical bodies of the old gods can be destroyed but the essence of them that first came into our world exists in some form.
    This is no different than mortal beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Yogg Saron even talks to you during this scenario. That's a pretty heavy indicator.
    That too could be an echo though.

From what I understand, we did not kill Yogg'Saron. Killing an Old God would have left a terrible scar on Azeroth (Like with Y'Sharj's death) but that didn't happen with Yoggy. We just killed his physical manifestation and forced him back into his prison, it's why the keepers are still guarding Ulduar to this day and why the Faceless showed up during that Scenario. Yogg himself even whispers to you, saying you're only just a pawn.
    Last edited by HBShock; 2016-06-18 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HBShock View Post
    From what I understand, we did not kill Yogg'Saron. Killing an Old God would have left a terrible scar on Azeroth (Like with Y'Sharj's death) but that didn't happen with Yoggy. We just killed his physical manifestation and forced him back into his prison, it's why the keepers are still guarding Ulduar to this day and why the Faceless showed up during that Scenario. Yogg himself even whispers to you, saying you're only just a pawn.
    I believe Chronicle clarified all of this. All of the Old Gods are dead, except N'Zoth. The whole "leaving a terrible scar on Azeroth" thing is a reference to Titans killing Old Gods by literally ripping them out of the crust of the planet. The mortal races are more than capable of killing Old Gods without causing those kind of effects.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2016-06-18 at 03:46 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yshaarj caused some pretty serious damage while being technically dead. I don't think there's any reason yogg couldn't do the same :P

Quote Originally Posted by HBShock View Post
    Y'shaarj was a unique case. A Titan grabbed it to pluck it off Azeroth. The reason it caused so much damage was because the Old God's tentacles were bored deep in the core of the planet, so it basically tore Y'shaarj apart. It sprayed Old God juice all over the continent and also wounded the world soul. Our characters couldn't do anything like that with C'thun or Yogg'Saron. Poking them with swords and blasting them with spells doesn't compare to actually squeezing them out with a single hand. Our way of killing them was "safer".

Think of the Old Gods as gum in your hair. If you grab it and pull it off, it's going to hurt. If you cut it out, it's still not going to be great but at least it won't do as much damage.
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2016-06-18 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Didnt guldan talk to khadgar via guldan's skull?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly the old gods burrow throughout the world thats how Yogg had saronite clear in Duskwood. It could be that old gods can crawl through dead old god's tunnels and bodies using their flesh as a resource or sustenance to strengthen their own army. Might just be that the Deathwing's boss is using Yogg flesh for free goons.