Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is this based on the BMI scale? If so its crap. The BMI scale says I'm morbidly obese at 6'2 and 235 yet I'm in great shape and workout every day. When it comes to small kids it may not work out that well yeah...But I'm seeing more and more people now than ever in my life want to work out and look good body wise.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.euronews.com/2016/06/16/o...every-country/

Enough is enough. How much data do we need before we take serious action against this crisis?
    At the very least it's time to come down with some really high taxes on unhealthy food.
    And how do you propose to get the lard-ass people to stop overeating when that is what they want to do and it isn't PC to call them on how fat they are or how unhealthy they are?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

It's all America's fault. We made fast food cool. And made the mass production of food better, faster, easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Is this based on the BMI scale? If so its crap. The BMI scale says I'm morbidly obese at 6'2 and 235 yet I'm in great shape and workout every day. When it comes to small kids it may not work out that well yeah...But I'm seeing more and more people now than ever in my life want to work out and look good body wise.
    Yeah the BMI scale is bullshit and until they come out with a true system all that statistics are false. But I will say I can see Obesity on the rise just because food is richer and jobs tend to be physically easier.

Deleted
    If nutritional policy wasn't based on fraudulent, non-conclusive science that didn't consider cause and effect then maybe we could actually educate people. Unfortunately the grain lobby holds too much power.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah the BMI scale is bullshit and until they come out with a true system all that statistics are false. But I will say I can see Obesity on the rise just because food is richer and jobs tend to be physically easier.
    Well then the people with 0 control will probably die off eventually. Personally this got me hungry for Zaxby's....grilled chicken salad=yummmm

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    If nutritional policy wasn't based on fraudulent, non-conclusive science that didn't consider cause and effect then maybe we could actually educate people. Unfortunately the grain lobby holds too much power.
    ....but youtube.... the internet....what?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That's my take on it.
    I'm sorry, but how exactly is this fat shaming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Serious action such as what? Do you have a few specific examples to give?
    Wait till we start getting diet extremists, there will be people purposely going around killing fat people... We already have a rising fat shaming culture as it is...
    So now we have racists, sexists, extreme feminists, and now fatist.. Anyone else wanna create an 'ist' we havent thought of yet?
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-06-17 at 03:44 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Genuine question - How exactly do we measure someone being overweight? Do we count 5 pounds over what's normal as overweight? 10? Also if this is based on BMI, wouldn't that mean that other factors aren't being taken into account? I get the obesity rates, due to the fact it's a little more visually noticeable, but overweight to me has always been weird.

I'm about 5'11 and 185 and I would consider myself a little overweight (Hello stomach.) But I also know people who are my same height and weigh heavier, but are extremely fit/muscular. Is there a general consensus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    ....but youtube.... the internet....what?
    Doesn't change how children or young adults are educated. To become aware of things not taught in school, you have to go out of your way to research and read. The general population does not do such a thing, only those in a matter of crisis where it is impacting their lives negatively or people that are just well read, knowledgeable and not ignorant.

"The government know best, we should listen to them", said the sheep. Proceeds to read internet, cognitive dissonance kicks in and now you're in a downward spiral of questioning everything or making the conscious choice to flat out ignore science.
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2016-06-17 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    I'm sorry, but how exactly is this fat shaming?
    Read his 200 other obesity/fat threads, and you'll know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Meh, I guess I'd go a long way to provide enjoyable physical activities that aren't gated behind a pay-wall in urban areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Read his 200 other obesity/fat threads, and you'll know.
    Tbh Tennisace does kind of remind me Pinocchio. So lifelike at times, that you could almost forget that he isn't a real boy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You can't just not be part of it. It's not an organization with controlled membership. It's a loosely affiliated cluster of diverse opinions and political views that have a somewhat common goal. Membership is by definition based on the views one holds, not a conscious decision to associate or not associate.
    Well ok. But you wont change the world with twitter hashtags

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wait till we start getting diet extremists, there will be people purposely going around killing fat people... We already have a rising fat shaming culture as it is...
    So now we have racists, sexists, extreme feminists, and now fatist.. Anyone else wanna create an 'ist' we havent thought of yet?
    hobbyist
    favorite colorist
    heightist
    brand choiceist
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see an additional tax on fat foods say anything with 25+% of sat and unsat fat per serving with that money going directly to health facilities. Then a ban on scienced to hell sugars, things like high fructose corn syrup removed from products as if I recall they can amplify weight gain. And last has some health monitoring like car emissions where every 2 years or so you get a body fat % test and get taxed yearly a specific amount as your health is 'taxing' the public health care system.

The idea is make it hurt badly, make that rich cake cost a fortune, junk food use more natural ingredients, and make people strive to lose weight to save money on taxes.

How is this a suprise?
    There's so much sugar in everything that you get fat just by looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Doesn't change how children or young adults are educated. To become aware of things not taught in school, you have to go out of your way to research and read. The general population does not do such a thing, only those in a matter of crisis where it is impacting their lives negatively or people that are just well read, knowledgeable and not ignorant.

"The government know best, we should listen to them", said the sheep. Proceeds to read internet, cognitive dissonance kicks in and now you're in a downward spiral of questioning everything or making the conscious choice to flat out ignore science.
    You could also blame that on bad parenting. Or ignorance? Laziness? I don't know any more.

Maybe if we are just brutally honest? I mean i'm healthy but I don't like it much. It's a lot of god damned work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    hobbyist
    favorite colorist
    heightist
    brand choiceist
    ohh heightist, I like that one
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I would like to see an additional tax on fat foods say anything with 25+% of sat and unsat fat per serving with that money going directly to health facilities. Then a ban on scienced to hell sugars, things like high fructose corn syrup removed from products as if I recall they can amplify weight gain. And last has some health monitoring like car emissions where every 2 years or so you get a body fat % test and get taxed yearly a specific amount as your health is 'taxing' the public health care system.

The idea is make it hurt badly, make that rich cake cost a fortune, junk food use more natural ingredients, and make people strive to lose weight to save money on taxes.
    Unfortunately, this would only make the situation worse. Here's the thing, fat isn't the problem unless it's hydrogenated or omega 6 to name a couple. Carbohydrates combined with fat or just lots of carbs (sugar, grain, corn, pasta, oatmeal etc) on their own is what causes issues. This is where the problem lies, how do we move forwards with the nutritional knowledge we have now? Is it a matter of education or is it a matter that requires incentivising healthy eating through making unhealthy options less appealing? We know the second option works partially thanks to history with cigarettes but does it patch the problem or reach into the core of issue.
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2016-06-17 at 04:09 PM.