Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But game currently lacks content.
    Legion is not currently the game. Whether or not there will be enough stuff to do in Legion is still up for grabs and depends a lot on patches.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    sometimes there is content that isnt specifically made for you

hard to swallow but you can either experiment with it or dont do it
    you mean like 7mln+ didnt want to experience it and quit in WoD ? indeed there is always an option to quit and vote with your wallet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I have seen your kind in ZG/ZA

I doubt it,
    which kind ? everyone and their mother will be trying to get into mythic + the moment they come out effectively skipping mythic dungeons eventually once lfr will be out so technically he can be not wrong

ITT: mods banning anyone with a brain

Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post
    ITT: mods banning anyone with a brain
    Most people get banned for things they did in a different thread.

Nothing new there, except they were called heroic before.

They did this before with Zul'gurub and Zul'aman, it was a success

Those 2 had only heroic mode difficulty (which now is pretty much what mythic difficulty is)

Not sure why people have issues with that.. because you have to make your own group and can only do them once a week? In fact that's the only difference, they have a weekly lockout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This chart shows exactly why I liked TBC. You had to move your ass to have access to something.
    The keys were not really a big deal if you had a rogue.

But doing the quest line for the Karazhan Key and unlock Nightbane was seriously fun. But that's nostalgia a bit because I was a noob then, so it was still fresh.. and not easy.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-06-17 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Usually I'd hate this change and lash out at blizzard. But I'll give them a chance this time, the idea offers some slight intrigue and if it backfires then who cares? I hate dungeons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Not a particularly good idea. Catering to the minority that run mythic dungeons seems rather foolish. I suspect it'll get reverted at some stage.

(Google Jeff Vogel's 'difficulty fetishist' post if you're interested)
    Before Legion it was 'Catering to the minority that run normal/heroic/mythic raids' now its mythic dungeons, when will it end? Leave the good content alone and go pick some fucking herbs.

Mythic dungeons in Legion will not be as hard as Mythic+, doing a mythic dungeon will be easily attainable, if you play for a while just doing world quests even an ultra casual like yourself can outgear a mythic dungeon, then you can experience the two mythic only dungeons easily. I see nothing wrong with finally giving the dungeon players something to work towards.

Legion will make mythic dungeons more accessible than WoD for sure, everyone will be able to gear up, maybe at difference rates. and experience all the content at their own pace, if you choose not to do the quests and unlock the dungeons, then run them when you are geared enough, thats your own problem.
    Last edited by Shenkz; 2016-06-17 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Nothing new there, except they were called heroic before.

They did this before with Zul'gurub and Zul'aman, it was a success

Those 2 had only heroic mode difficulty (which now is pretty much what mythic difficulty is)
    Difference is you didn't have to do anything to open up those dungeons. The issue people are having with this is you have to do a line of quests to open them up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Because overgearing the 830 ilvl requirement is so hard that only the 1% can do it huh?
    No but ppl will ask for 890

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    No but ppl will ask for 890
    This doesn't work because as soon as Mythic+ opens up the overgeared already have more rewarding content to do.

Asking for 890 to carry you through a base level mythic dungeon is like demanding mythic HFC raiders for your LFR group. They'll laugh and tell you to get bent.

The Mythic+ system is really good at killing the absurd ilvl requirements set by pugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    This doesn't work because as soon as Mythic+ opens up the overgeared already have more rewarding content to do.

Asking for 890 to carry you through a base level mythic dungeon is like demanding mythic HFC raiders for your LFR group. They'll laugh and tell you to get bent.

The Mythic+ system is really good at killing the absurd ilvl requirements set by pugs.
    That still is not a problem ppl to ask for gear who you cannot obtain in the normal versions.890 is just PH but most likely will ask something like 830 week 1-2 and 850 later
    I`m lucky atleast to be a member of guild with huge copmmunity so we will do these dungeons alot there is alot of casual good players in guild who do not raid but will do them

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post

and yet req like 730-740 are not that rare with just mythic dungeons in WoD only are conting for majority of groups in lfg even though baseline drops are 685 so 890 as req for legion wont be that far from eing truth after few weeks of expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I`m lucky atleast to be a member of guild with huge copmmunity so we will do these dungeons alot there is alot of casual good players in guild who do not raid but will do them
    even guilds arent entirely free from that problem - i ve seen it in beginign of WoD with cm droping gear which could be potential uprades for week 1 and 2 - instantly 2 groups formed taking in best players and rest got screwed without having proper tanks/healers (becuase nobody wanted to do it twice and tank alts were not leveled / geared ) only solution was to que for pugs if they wanted to do it on their main dps toons. exackly the same will happen for sure with mythic + im sure of it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-06-17 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and yet req like 730-740 are not that rare with just mythic dungeons in WoD only are conting for majority of groups in lfg even though baseline drops are 685 so 890 as req for legion wont be that far from eing truth after few weeks of expansion
    That's because in WoD base mythic is the ceiling. There's no higher 5 man content for you to go do so you're stuck at that level.

It just doesn't work with Mythic+ because there's no longer a ceiling. If I demand 890 for Mythic, someone else might say "forget that guy, we're running Mythic+1 and we'd love an 890 in our group." Then someone else might want that person for +2, or +4, and so on.

Only once you actually get at the level where 890 is no longer overgearing the content will the demand die down.

What this means is that lesser ranks of Mythic have to take people who aren't overgeared.

7+ Year Old Account
    With blizzards latest post it seems that two of legions dungeons the court of stars and arc way are going to be made mythic only rather then being fodder for lfd.

I see this as a damn good change and if it takes off we might see more and more content cut from auto ques and a return to the wow that once was.

Anyone else kinda happy for this change?
    I think this is a good change, too. They were pretty useless as heroic dungeons - given that by the time you unlocked them, the gear would be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    From what Ive seen Heroics are the new normals in Legion. Everything quickly out scales the gear you get from them so they arent something youll want to waste your time with for long. Ive been 110 for 4 days and Im already getting better loot from world quests that take 5 minutes.
    Yeah I don't understand Blizzard at all... WTF is wrong with normal and heroic? Why the fuck do we need extra settings? Nobody is going to content with heroic items, when mythic items exist, just like nobody was happy with normal when heroic became a thing.

Normal and heroics were perfectly fine as stepping stones to raids, but now they are overused as solid content to replace raids, making all content redundant.

Lame lame idea

Unless you have a good guild or you want to spam chat for an hour you wont be doing the dungeons for a long time

Going to laugh when i see the participation totals for those dungeons.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

I don't mind a dungeon being Mythic only if we get to have attunements back. When you reach the gear level that you are stepping into Mythic Dungeons next expansion it will be refreshing to be able to step into 2 dungeons you haven't already cleared and don't know about.

Deleted
    Nonsense it came from blizzard themselves clearly they know better and this is the way they want the game to evolve.
    You ask the question if mythic only dungeons are a good idea.... and when someone says it is not a good idea, you respond with this garbage ?
    why ask the question to begin with ?

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    People seem to not be realizing that if this is truly the case then it means all the other dungeons will be worthless by the time you would unlock these two as well. That implies to me that they have no plans for Heroic dungeons other than to outgear them quickly and hope people move on to Mythic then outgear that quickly and move on to Mythic+.

I'm anticipating the situation with dungeons in Legion to be dire.
    Its pretty much the same situation as always except that mythic+ is there for people who want to continue to progress via dungeons.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    No, this is a dumb change. You are never going to get all dungeons taken off a queue and with that in mind, it's nonsensical to make 2 of the 10 dungeons Mythic-only, when you can simply make them Mythic as well as Heroic and Normal.

Maybe if Pristine Servers were a thing right now, I'd support the change. Only that way you couldn't piss off the majority of the playerbase which "have lives".
    Really? I think it's kinda cool that they created content with exclusive difficulties. I don't raid because I "have a full time job and 2 babies", but mythic 5s don't take very long at all. They just keep you on your toes and make you try again once in a while.

I like for there to be content that isn't accessible to every type of player, even if it means my casual self can't take part. I think it creates a healthier game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Lame lame idea

Unless you have a good guild or you want to spam chat for an hour you wont be doing the dungeons for a long time

Going to laugh when i see the participation totals for those dungeons.
    It's very easy to find groups for mythic 5s in group finder. I don't have any friends left that still play or a good guild and I was doing them all weekly when I was still logging in. I never even finished my ring and still easily found groups.