Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Too late to start ring?

Is it too late to start ring quest line ? Due to legion coming soon? Or once I have it I should be good?

It takes at least 3 months to get ring.

If Legion comes out in less than or equal to 3 months, yes its not worth.

Might as well get the quest and just do it after if you really want to have the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    It takes at least 3 months to get ring.

If Legion comes out in less than or equal to 3 months, yes its not worth.
    Not necessarily true. With decent RNG and shipyard missions you can complete it in ~2 months. But even that's too far out so I'd say, yes, it's too late to start the ring quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Might as well get the quest and just do it after if you really want to have the legendary.
    The quest and all progress will likely be purged from your character when legion lands.
    That's what happened in mop if memory serves.

They also buffed the drop rates for the couple of weeks in the prepatch before wod released, might do the same again.

I doubt they'll let people hanging if they're really close to finishing it.
    Last edited by Xenocastra; 2016-06-17 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    The quest and all progress will likely be purged from your character when legion lands.
    That's what happened in mop if memory serves.

They also buffed the drop rates for the couple of weeks in the prepatch before wod released, might do the same again.

I doubt they'll let people hanging if they're really close to finishing it.
    They just remove the ability to start the quest. If you already have the quest you will be able to continue on the questline until you finish it.

The longest part of the chain is the last part where you need to farm the tomes. Say you boosted a 100 right now, depending on your social situation, you could get carried through the 4 heroics quickly as well as Tanaan zone quests for apexis to move onto the Highmaul section within a few hours.

From there the 2 quest items are just a matter of either LFRing it, or again getting carried through normal+. Doing the Tanaan weekly for 25 stones will speed this up, and depending on RNG you can also try doing Work Orders and Shipyard missions. Missions are often daily and can award about 10 stones per mission.

After that you have the BRF section where you can get the first 3 quest items done then sort the followup for Blackhand. After that you again have the option to do a Tanaan weekly for 75 fragments on top of shipyard rewards, WO's and garrison missions.

Problem that exists for the final stage is there are no catch up mechanics for getting extra tomes. You have to farm HFC and that's your sole option. Some weeks can be great, others utterly horrible.

While they've said they're removing the starter quests due to Legion, I find it odd they plan to remove the entire chain after Legion goes live. They could just leave people to complete it at their own pace, and I can't see any problems that should cause.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    They just remove the ability to start the quest. If you already have the quest you will be able to continue on the questline until you finish it.
    The pre-expansion patch will stop players from starting the legendary ring quest.
    At Legion release the legendary ring questline will be removed.
    So the pre-expansion patch will stop you from starting the questline. Once legion actually releases, though, you won't be able to do the questline at all.

Personally, I'd say there's at least a chance they will increase the drop rate to make it possible, albeit difficult, to get the ring if you start the quest right before pre-patch, so any time before the pre-expansion patch hits servers wouldn't be "too late" imo
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    So the pre-expansion patch will stop you from starting the questline. Once legion actually releases, though, you won't be able to do the questline at all.

Personally, I'd say there's at least a chance they will increase the drop rate to make it possible, albeit difficult, to get the ring if you start the quest right before pre-patch, so any time before the pre-expansion patch hits servers wouldn't be "too late" imo
    They didn't do it in the SoO pre-patch, I doubt they'd do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They didn't do it in the SoO pre-patch, I doubt they'd do it here.
    It was specifically stated int he QA yesterday. When the prepatch hits, you cannot start the quest. When legion hits, you cannot finish it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    It was specifically stated int he QA yesterday. When the prepatch hits, you cannot start the quest. When legion hits, you cannot finish it anymore.
    I was referring to the poster implicating they'd increase the item drop rate. Should have clarified the quote, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
    Is it too late to start ring quest line ? Due to legion coming soon? Or once I have it I should be good?
    why even bother? it will become useless soon as you max level in legion.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

With the mission completion items that come from the Spirit Lodge (Mage Tower for Alliance?), I got it done in 5 weeks on my latest alt. It only took me a week and a half to get through the Highmaul and BRF steps. If you instantly complete the shipyard and garrison missions for the stones and tablets, they will respawn every day, plus the npc's in tanaan jungle will trade apexis for them once a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    why even bother? it will become useless soon as you max level in legion.
    You don't know that. They'll probably nerf it to 5-10% but that is still pretty good for awhile.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Guess I must be the only person who loves timewalking dungeons...
    There is just something so fun about equipping several legendaries and some bis gear from that xpac and just smashing the shit out of twd's.
    It's NEVER too late to bother getting that ring as long as you enjoy twd's and want all the toys, mounts, and heirloom upgrades., or just like smashing the shit out of stuff in said twd's
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Guess I must be the only person who loves timewalking dungeons...
    There is just something so fun about equipping several legendaries and some bis gear from that xpac and just smashing the shit out of twd's.
    It's NEVER too late to bother getting that ring as long as you enjoy twd's and want all the toys, mounts, and heirloom upgrades., or just like smashing the shit out of stuff in said twd's
    The ring is condensed past the point its even viable to use in TWers. The 715 version of the ring is better than the 795 Legendary version.

If your goal is to get the 715 ring, though, then you definitely have enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Not necessarily true. With decent RNG and shipyard missions you can complete it in ~2 months. But even that's too far out so I'd say, yes, it's too late to start the ring quest.
    With average RNG it takes like 6 weeks to do the final step alone

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    With average RNG it takes like 6 weeks to do the final step alone
    I have done this on 4 chars, and soon done with my 5th(can most likely do it on my 6th too) and it takes not more than 3-4 weeks in average to finish that ring in hellfire citadel. This even with weeks where I have gotten only 2-3 tomes, I have done it in maximum 4 weeks.

It will take you all together 8 to 10 resets from when you do the heroics. I mean, if you do missions and the weeklys in Tanaan the heroic and highmaul will take you two resets, and you can start in BRF the 2nd week. Already in weeks 4 you should be halfway done with the BRF one. But you have to take all the missions and weeklys to do so. BUT, that requires you to have it on one another character first. You get better droprates, especially in Highmaul if you got the ring from before.

Hellfire Citadel isn't affected of this tho.

Start the quest. Jump on the PTR and see if your quest is still there to complete it. That will give you the answer you seek.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is enough time to get it, yes. And if you plan on doing Timewalking dungeons, it's worth doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.