Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    No, this is a dumb change. You are never going to get all dungeons taken off a queue and with that in mind, it's nonsensical to make 2 of the 10 dungeons Mythic-only, when you can simply make them Mythic as well as Heroic and Normal.

Maybe if Pristine Servers were a thing right now, I'd support the change. Only that way you couldn't piss off the majority of the playerbase which "have lives".
    Lol. What an awful post

It is so easy to find groups for mythics 5s its not even funny

Anyone actually read the reason they are doing it to these dungeons or people just vomiting negative shit out their brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    No but ppl will ask for 890
    I will never understand this retarded logic... "But ppl will ask for 890"... It's 5 men group, all you have to do is invite 4 people... Just create your own group. Literally takes a few seconds to do and a couple of minutes to fill in.

Deleted
    I've rerolled and started fresh without help from really anyone and I've been able to get groups for mythic 5 mans, can't see it being any different in Legion, maybe just even easier. People will just love moaning about anything. 5-10 mins of looking for a group = didn't get a group. There's always a groups going, some groups will have higher requirements, because they want a smooth run. They are doing it for valor in most cases and want it to be over with asap.

In Legion with valor not being the thing and gear being the focus, why would you do regular Mythics in vastly overgeared group unless you were boosting someone else? The Mythic + dungeons offer better rewards. It all just makes it sound like lazy people are looking for things to moan about.

Attunements are nice as well, I've sort of missed them especially as early expansion activity. Gave one something to do even outside of raids, that could be done as smaller scale guild activity. I don't mind things like that, things that require bit of effort to unlock more content. Timegating is far more annoying. I may not be able to log on every day to make use of the daily cd or something, but I might have days when I have nearly all day to do whatever I want.

I will always prefer things that allow me to progress things at my pace as fast or as slow as possible. The attunements are most likely just there for the reason of making content last bit longer and to offer incentives to do the certain quests and see the certain zones. The content is there and will be waiting for you when you are able to get to it. Having to do a bit more for it, should only be seen as a good thing.

I dont understand some posts these 2 dungeons are unlocked by doing suramar and everyone can use groupfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    Lol. What an awful post

It is so easy to find groups for mythics 5s its not even funny
    What an awful post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    What an awful post.
    you bring up something completely irrelevant in pristine servers and fail to make a point with it.

just because you're not smart enough to figure how to use group finder doesn't mean mythic only dungeons are a bad idea

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Sure, exclusive to the 1% audience, what harm could it bring? just like mythic raids, that didn't break up small guilds did it?, I say to blizz go fuck yourself
    Mythic dungeons are not exclusive to %1, its not comparable to mythic raids in terms of difficulty.
    A friend of mine who literally can't use mouse and keyboard at the same time is clearing mythic dungeons on a weekly basis now.

OP: yea, its a good idea. It will like an extra progression step, which is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    you bring up something completely irrelevant in pristine servers and fail to make a point with it.

just because you're not smart enough to figure how to use group finder doesn't mean mythic only dungeons are a bad idea

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    Nah, it's not irrelevant. You're just not very smart. My point with pristine servers is that they are the only place you could make a change like this without backlash, casuals and hardcores are too polarized for these changes to stay on normal servers and not face backlash. Post had nothing to do with me or how I would personally take it.

Sent from my brain using logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Difference is you didn't have to do anything to open up those dungeons. The issue people are having with this is you have to do a line of quests to open them up.
    You have to do them anyways to unlock flying.

I believe it's 3 days of daily quests I was told.

Which is probably very limit in terms of time to get to the minimal ilvl to zone in.

On the surface I don't like the idea but time will tell I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    This doesn't work because as soon as Mythic+ opens up the overgeared already have more rewarding content to do.

Asking for 890 to carry you through a base level mythic dungeon is like demanding mythic HFC raiders for your LFR group. They'll laugh and tell you to get bent.

The Mythic+ system is really good at killing the absurd ilvl requirements set by pugs.
    People asked that when the point of doing mythic dungeons was to farm valor quickly, not to gear up in them.

Plus, every freaking guild will run them, not like it will be hard to have a guild group.

Horrible idea. They should have a normal and heroic version of them as well. Everyone pays the same fee every month and shouldn't miss out. Mythic dungeons can award better gear.

backwards thinking.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You have to do them anyways to unlock flying.

I believe it's 3 days of daily quests I was told.

Which is probably very limit in terms of time to get to the minimal ilvl to zone in.
    That's assuming people want to do it for flying. I don't have the numbers or anything, but I'd be curious to see how many never did WoD flying so we could have an idea of how it could possibly play out in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Horrible idea. They should have a normal and heroic version of them as well. Everyone pays the same fee every month and shouldn't miss out. Mythic dungeons can award better gear.
    Eh, not every dungeon needs a normal mode. As long as we have a decent selection leveling up then more normal aren't necessary. It's when you have 1 dungeon for 2-3 levels (in a 10 level range) that makes it highly unappealing. We know once people hit level cap the amount that goes back to normals aren't very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's assuming people want to do it for flying. I don't have the numbers or anything, but I'd be curious to see how many never did WoD flying so we could have an idea of how it could possibly play out in Legion.
    I personally bought rep tokens instead of farming it. But from my own raid sample, looks like about 10% didn't do it. Not too scentific I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    You realize this doesn't make any sense. You have as much access as any other player in the game.

Think of it like mario everyone can see the last level doesn't mean they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This chart here shows why it wasn't fun, compelling, rewarding or sense of accomplishment. It displays the nightmares that attunements give.

This chart shows exactly why I liked TBC. You had to move your ass to have access to something.
    I really liked attunements in BC. Unfortunately, there was a massive drawback in that it encouraged Guild Poaching. A guild that was somewhere in the middle of that attunement process that suddenly lost their main tank had VERY little options to find a replacement because they needed to not just find a good player but someone who just happened to be at the same level of progression as the guild. The fix was to monitor guilds at a lower level of progression and as soon as they reached your level, you tried to poach their best players to keep your guild replenished. Otherwise, the fix would be to make sure EVERY guild member had a viable tank, healer, and DPS and that they would be willing to switch mains for the sake of the guild.

Myself, I played shadow priest but also worked on a druid tank on the side.

Ever since BC, Blizzard has made sure that everyone in the game was working on the exact same raid as much as possible to prevent poaching. That can be great when the raid is ICC and everyone likes it, and you offer 10 and 25 man versions. That can be awful when everyone is enjoying Ulduar and suddenly it gets replaced with TOC (which everyone hated).

I think you can actually fix the BC attunement model and prevent poaching by making sure the realm population is ENORMOUS, that way there should be a supply of tanks, healers, and dps to recruit at each level of attunement.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I really liked attunements in BC. Unfortunately, there was a massive drawback in that it encouraged Guild Poaching. A guild that was somewhere in the middle of that attunement process that suddenly lost their main tank had VERY little options to find a replacement because they needed to not just find a good player but someone who just happened to be at the same level of progression as the guild. The fix was to monitor guilds at a lower level of progression and as soon as they reached your level, you tried to poach their best players to keep your guild replenished. Otherwise, the fix would be to make sure EVERY guild member had a viable tank, healer, and DPS and that they would be willing to switch mains for the sake of the guild.

Myself, I played shadow priest but also worked on a druid tank on the side.

Ever since BC, Blizzard has made sure that everyone in the game was working on the exact same raid as much as possible to prevent poaching. That can be great when the raid is ICC and everyone likes it, and you offer 10 and 25 man versions. That can be awful when everyone is enjoying Ulduar and suddenly it gets replaced with TOC (which everyone hated).

I think you can actually fix the BC attunement model and prevent poaching by making sure the realm population is ENORMOUS, that way there should be a supply of tanks, healers, and dps to recruit at each level of attunement.
    Guild poaching never changed it just went from tiers to difficulty modes. It is less noticeable but even more common now.

I can't find anything wrong with it. Mythic dungeons aren't difficult at all they're just another step up as far as ilvl. Its not going to exclude bad players. Its not going to exclude casual players. Just play the game and pick up your easy loot from heroics then go repeat that in base mythics when the time comes.

Providing new content as you progress isn't something to really complain about. It really is just whining at this point if you want to experience it without doing anything. It isn't remotely difficult or time consuming in the scope of playing an expansion for likely 2 years or so. Anyone that really wants to experience it will during the first few weeks.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-06-18 at 11:25 AM.