Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

White classmates pulled black girl by the neck with a rope, lawsuit alleges

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...school-lawsuit

The parents of a 12-year-old black girl have sued her Texas school after a group of white classmates allegedly wrapped a rope around her neck and “violently jerked” her to the ground, leaving burns in her skin that are documented in graphic photos included in the complaint.

The incident, which reportedly left the girl with a “severe and painful” rope cut on her neck, has brought national attention to Live Oak classical school, a largely white private school in Waco, Texas, that has been accused of having a history of bullying problems.

The lawsuit filed this week – which seeks damages of $3m for medical bills, physical pain, disfigurement and suffering – alleges that the school was negligent in its failure to protect the girl and in its response to the injuries.

The school has denied the allegations, arguing that the incident was an accident.
    Don't you hate when you get accidentally lynched?

The pictures are pretty bad, she could very well be physically scarred for life. She could easily have been killed, with that much pressure being put on the rope to make it cut and burn like that.

"The school’s principal, Allison Buras, did not investigate whether the incident was intentional, and the school did not notify the girl’s mother, Sandy Rougely, the suit claims."

That school is going to get fucked so hard.

"David Deaconson, attorney for the school, said in an interview Thursday that the school’s investigation into the rope injuries “indicates that what happened was an unfortunate accident”."

Man I hate it when I'm playing with a noose and I accidently put it around someone's neck and pull as hard as I can, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course the school is going to allege it was an accident

they can't handle children so i doubt they are handling 3 million

Deleted
    What kind of "accident" involves tying a noose around a girl's neck?

Yeah that school is done

3mil....
    These things always demand the most ridiculous sums of money.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with something being done about it.

Holy shit, talk about going way beyond "bullying problems"

The complaint includes an email from Buras to the mother that said: “It sounds like he may have pushed on the back of her leg to make her leg buckle, which is something the kids sometimes do. Rarely is that done out of meanness but more out of a desire for sport.”
    What sick sport is that? The race issues in the states are out of this world.

Oh those pics are bad. Give her $5 mil and send the kids who did it to Juvy.

race threads aren't allowed here.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    3.....3 MILLION??? get the fuck out of here

Deleted
    reliving the good old times

the scars on the girl's neck look severe, that could become quite costly for the school

It doesn't matter if it was an 'accident' or not, she was in the care of the school and she came to physical harm, they are responsible. Throw the book at them now because it's over. When a child is at school they are not under parental supervision, they are under school supervision.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg hurry someone blame Trump.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if everyone involved in the incident had violet skin, this is fucked up. Those kids need detention or something. That's not a good social behaviour. Bullying is awful, and this neared some limit.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    race threads aren't allowed here.
    It's a thread about a severe case of bullying, Picnic. Easy there. Race may be the motivation, but an incident happened.

LET'S DISCUSSSSSS

Girl is well within her rights. She'll probably win as well.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is fucked up, what kind of kids do that? Hell, this is fucked up without the obvious racial connotations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Yeah that school is done
    Where did it say there was a noose or any tying involved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    This is fucked up, what kind of kids do that? Hell, this is fucked up without the obvious racial connotations.
    ...it is common among redneck kids. This likely has nothing to do with race but just stupid kids and lack of supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Yeah that school is done
    Not once did that article say anything about a noose.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Where did it say there was a noose or any tying involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Not once did that article say anything about a noose.
    Does the presence of a noose actually matter here? Did you see the pictures...that was definitely caused by a rope or wire or something along those lines.