Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    When you're a liberal and your choices are Republican lite and giant pile of far right wing rhetoric incarnate, wonder which one they'd pick...
    Republican lite and then we can Crazy McCracy Pants.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    That sure is a lot of dead people. Alright, I guess I can look at this.
    While you're at it, look into whether or not burning jet fuel can melt steel beams...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't hate her. With Hillary you get a solid conservative president, it's just I like Trump a whole lot more. He's a lot more nationalistic and in no way PC.

I win either way this election as far as I'm concerned.

It'a also incredibly hilarious to see all the liberals unite under her banner, probably not realizing that she's basically a Republican. So I also get a healthy amount of laughter out of all this.
    It's refreshing to hear someone acknowledge this from the right. Every time I say Obama is the greatest moderate Republican of my lifetime, my "liberal" friends get so triggered. They're the same people uniting under Hillary now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont hate her at all. She is the lesser of two evils and will get my vote.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I dont hate her at all. She is the lesser of two evils and will get my vote.
    If she's the lesser of two evils, then she's an evil. You don't hate an evil, at all? Are you evil then, as well?

Personally, I do hate her. But that said, I'm not going to not vote for her solely for that reason.

On a personal level - and I don't deny that this may be petty - I do not like her as a person. It's not the fact that she's a woman, but rather a combination of factors including A) I am jealous that I do not have the same wealth that she does, B) I don't trust or believe her. C) Probably other reasons as well as to why I don't personally like her. I probably could go more in depth but I don't believe I need to justify why I hate a person or not.

As far as her politics go, I'll preface this by saying, I am a supporter of Bernie Sanders, and in the event that after the Convention and Hillary is the candidate (whether or not Warren is the VP), I will not be voting for her. At the same time, I will not be voting for Trump - though I can't help but wonder in the back of my mind if him being elected will have this huge backlash effect that utlimately results in huge amounts of currently-sitting politicans to be lose their reelections and provide the way for a new wave of politicians who actually seem more in touch with us than currently. That's a pipe dream, and even then if that were true, I can't say that I'd vote for Trump.

I don't trust Clinton, I don't believe she is honest - not so much in the general "She's a liar" kind of way, but rather in the "She's saying things but in her heart she doesn't mean it" kind of way. Like when she says that she understands the plight of the middle class, I can't help but think that she's hoping that it'll make people think she'll actually care. I don't think she's running for office for any other reason than she wants to be in power, that her becoming the first female president will define her legacy. I hear stories about the Clinton Foundation and concerns over a quid-pro-quo deal with foreign nations, the things about her email, and I don't know with certainty how much is true or isn't, but the fact is - and I think someone alluded to this earlier - that as a politician, that worries me. Trump doing stupid shit or being shady as hell doesn't shock because I assume that businessmen and many of the very wealthy are selfish and corrupt in some manner or another. Ideally, I would like a politician, especially one running for president, to not be that.

I think she'll say anything to win, and to this point I still don't know what her message is, and now with Trump, I can't help but believe that her only message is going to be something along the lines of "At least I'm not Trump", which doesn't make me any more excited to have you as my president. I've seen people throw out the argument that she's a woman and can become the first female president, and that doesn't affect me. If it were Warren who was running, I'd be more enthusiastic, but I don't care about Clinton and the argument of I have to vote for her for that reason makes me less inclined to vote for her.

One of the biggest issues for me when it comes to her and her policies is I think she is very hawkish. I think she believes the idea that America is the Peacekeeper of the world and we have to be involved in matters that don't concern us. I think the last 16 years have devastated us, and I'm inclined to think that she is the one who's most likely to get us involved again in some foreign nation's affairs. Whether or not it's for the right reason is besides the point. Trump may as well, but I very much worry that with Clinton we'll see more. I'm against the idea of interventionalism as a whole, I would rather us deal with our problems right now, get that shit fixed, and then help our allies, but I hate this idea that we have to fix everything while our shit seems out of wack now.

As to what will happen come the general election, I can say with absolute certainty that I won't vote for Clinton. I think it should be, you vote for who you believe in, not based on whether or not a candidate can't possibly win, whether or not they aren't X or Y, or anything like that. I think this is a case of I'm fucked if I choose either of the two major candidates.

I'm going to write in Bernie Sander's name come the vote.

I won't vote for Trump.

And I'll never vote for Clinton.

Deleted
    One thing that makes some people hate Hillary even more, I'm sure, are her supporters. Throughout this primary season they've done nothing but belittle Sanders' supporters, calling them misogynists and sexists and the like, as well as coming up with disparaging names such as "BernieBro" or "Sanderista". All basic schoolyard bully tactics, or rather the tactics of those who stand in a ring around the bully cheering him on. Hillary has been attacked a lot by Sanders' supporters, that's absolutely true, but that's Hillary they're attacking, not her supporters, and they're attacking her for good reasons. Hillary's supporters on the other hand have targeted Sanders' supporters just as much as Sanders himself, and that's beyond despicable.

Among Hillary's supporters are, of course, the establishment media, who have been pushing obvious propaganda day after day after day, and also painting Sanders' supporters as "violent" and sexist and misogynist. Also, misguided assholes such as Stephen Colbert and the like have been spreading these myths on their chat shows throughout the primary season.

So, when you ask why people hate Hillary, a big reason for that are the people who support her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If she's the lesser of two evils, then she's an evil. You don't hate an evil, at all? Are you evil then, as well?
    More of a Realist I would say. Has she done things wrong, absolutely. Has Trump done things wrong, absolutely.
    I just believe that Clinton has more composure than Trump. When my fate hangs in the balance, I want someone with composure at the wheel if shit gets real.
    I can see Clinton deescalating a situation, while Trump would fan the fire.. He simply does not have the mental fortitude to deal with issues on an international level.

In the end it really doesn't matter, Trump doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election.. People in his own party wont back him.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

10+ Year Old Account
    Clinton will do anything to gain power. That's the most dangerous type of person to have in a position of power. She consistently changes her positions to the whims of the crowd. She is a wealthy aristocrat entirely detached from the lives of average citizens - which is not necessarily a bad thing, but she clearly takes no issue with leveraging her status for her own enrichment.

I place her as untrustworthy, self-interested, and power-hungry with the perception that she's above the law. She is not a good person, nor is she a good candidate.

But I'll be voting for her. Because despite all of this, I'd rather have her than Trump. Not because he's racist, misogynistic, or a bad businessman (all of which are probably true) - but simply because he's a fucking idiot. At least Clinton is intelligent, and probably won't lead us into nuclear war.

*Also, I hate that people like Trump can be such failures of human beings, yet find such success. He's not smart. He doesn't have any constructive skills. He's a good liar nd he knows how stupid people think, and apparently that's all you need to be considered a serious candidate for the white house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Everyone is partially evil and partially good. Doesn't mean we should hate everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, there's not. Sanders has lost.
    *Through voter purges, voter suppression, and flat out election fraud. Did you know that California hasn't even been completely counted yet?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I get why people think this. What I don't get is why people then think Trump is a better choice. (You didn't assert that, but I'm just saying that's how it seems to go).
    Trump doesn't deny that he is full of shit where Shillary denies that she is all the time. Both are atrocious and are not fit to be president, but the lesser of the two evils is still Trump.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    *Through voter purges, voter suppression, and flat out election fraud. Did you know that California hasn't even been completely counted yet?
    Pretty serious accusations. You have evidence?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

people hate her because she is very good politician and I think people want something different. I think it might be coming. Just not yet.

In the face of a Trump presidency, I think "buisness as usual is just fine. Tolerated, if you will."
    Last edited by XangXu; 2016-06-17 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    http://www.alternet.org/election-201...imaries-bernie
    That won't make a difference.
    Voter suppression, are you referring to closed caucuses?
    I find it perfectly normal that people who aren't members/registered party voters cannot vote for party matters.
    Election fraud is a bold claim, which you have to prove.

Let's look at this from a different angle.
    Clinton won more states, has several millions more votes, and more delegates than Bernie.
    The only way he could have won in the end would be the very thing he kept claiming to be unfair.
    Only if he'd get all super delegates, he could win.
    But that would go against the will of the voters.
    If we'd split these delegates in half, he'd still lose.

Last, but not least, Bernie entered the race knowing all the rules, and he was okay with it.
    In a metaphor, it's like he willingly enters a 100 meter sprint race where he has to start at 110 meters.
    Just to then in the end complaining when he loses that race claiming that he only lost because he had to run 110 meters, though he's only at the 80 meter mark when the winner reaches the 100.

I completely get his points, and I am sympathetic to most of it.
    Except the allowing of the independents. Since that is what can open the doors for fraud and sabotage.
    If you wanna vote, then register accordingly.
    In the end, don't be a sore loser, or you risk to lose everything.

to the thread question.. I don't hate her.
    Quite frankly, Clinton is for politics what Roman Reigns is for wrestling.
    Shit ton of people dislike, mostly unfounded with very little argument.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-17 at 04:21 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2016+democratic...irregularities

10+ Year Old Account
    That's no proof.
    That's a meme response which might earn you an infraction.
    Maybe put a bit effort into it?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a long winded way of saying "no".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

no woman will ever be president. sorry to say they wont. if thats trumps only opposition then he already won.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMGTFY is against the forum rules. How about actually supplying sources instead of using condescending memes?

I'm going to be driving long distance in a few minutes anyway, so I may not be able to respond anyway, of course.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://yournewswire.com/hillary-accu...ation-ordered/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-primary.html
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/riley-...b_9550670.html
    https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Hillary...-Super-Tuesday

Shall we continue?

For the purposes of expedience, since I have to leave for work soon, I will bullet point my problems with Clinton:

-Benghazi.. Why didn't she authorize, or get Obama to authorize the local resources to save our diplomatic personnel?
    -Pandering for votes: It's one thing to be proud of your possible historic campaign (even though she is not actually the first woman to run for president) its another things to literally pull the woman card.
    -Her campaign actually tried to make a list of words and phrases that are to be deemed Sexist, or otherwise prejudice on the grounds that Hillary is a woman running for president: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...inton-anymore/
    - She is stridently anti-2nd amendment, and overall anti-private gun ownership (nevermind that in the top list of cities with gun violence, at least 4 of them have outlawed owning a gun.. it's straight illegal! And all of them are democrat run)
    - She is weak on every international policy.
    - She is weak on domestic prosperity and US competition for jobs and goods.
    - She has proven to be an ill-respected person by the very people she expects to draw to the polls (hint hint, if you can't even ignite your base, you shouldn't shoot for the bleachers)
    - Her healthcare objective is worse than Obama's (though only slightly better than Sanders call for single-payer system)

I have more, but my job requires me to show up and do stuff.. which I happily do, so that I may get a paycheck!
    "When you build it, you love it!"