Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Does the presence of a noose actually matter here? Did you see the pictures...that was definitely caused by a rope or wire or something along those lines.
    There's a huge difference between just a rope and a rope tied into a noose.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    What kind of "accident" involves tying a noose around a girl's neck?

Yeah that school is done
    I had a friend in hs who was riding his bike and didn't see a clothes line, rode into it and it hit his neck, had exactly the same scarring this girl has.
    Not saying that's what happened here, but considering the last school story out of Texas was bomb clock boy, and time has shown us that he wasn't some persecuted kid, just an idiot who told people he had a bomb and did nothing to diffuse the situation when it became serious, I'll withhold judgement

Does the presence of a noose actually matter here? Did you see the pictures...that was definitely caused by a rope or wire or something along those lines.
    Oh I am not arguing that in the slightest. But there is a difference between kids fucking around with a rope and somebody getting injured and trying to spin the story into race issue involving anything remotely resembling lynching or a noose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a while since last someone was dragged to death in TX.. 2008 I believe it was.

Some things never go away, even if it takes a few years.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    There's a huge difference between just a rope and a rope tied into a noose.
    Not when it is used to wrap around a person's neck and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    3.....3 MILLION??? get the fuck out of here
    Sure, that would be unreasonable if the school had swiftly and adequately dealt with the students.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Been a while since last someone was dragged to death in TX.. 2008 I believe it was.

Some things never go away, even if it takes a few years.
    Great bait post. Excellent shit posting as usual Wildtree

The story says the incident was accidental. We currently don't have any evidence one way or the other. So to jump on the band wagon and say they "intended" to do this is pretty ignorant. All we currently have is someone got caught with a rope. So yes, it does make a difference whether it was tied in a noose or was just a rope swing.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Do you look at a rope and immediately think noose?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The story says the incident was accidental.
    The school's story is that it was an accident, a very important distinction.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    ...it is common among redneck kids. This likely has nothing to do with race but just stupid kids and lack of supervision.
    As i said, that's still fucked up. What kind of game is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Oh I am not arguing that in the slightest. But there is a difference between kids fucking around with a rope and somebody getting injured and trying to spin the story into race issue involving anything remotely resembling lynching or a noose.
    Doesn't really matter as its the school, not the children, that is being sued.

The matter of whether the attack was racially motivated are not is a criminal matter....no civil.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Those kids need detention or something.
    More like an expulsion...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, that was an interesting read. I hope that school gets the book thrown at it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    It is fucked up that they were careless and somebody got hurt. But trying to spin this into a racial issue involving any sort of hanging intention is just plain ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    The school's story is that it was an accident, a very important distinction.
    Agreed. Right now everything is he said she said. There's no proof one way or the other. It doesn't matter who made what claims.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Kids like to rope each other. Just children that age don't understand the consequence of their action until something really bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Kids like to rope each other. Just children that age don't understand the consequence of their action until something really bad happens.
    Shit, we had all kinds of violent games when I was in elementary school.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It is fucked up that they were careless and somebody got hurt. But trying to spin this into a racial issue involving any sort of hanging intention is just plain ridiculous.
    Is it though? There's a history of this girl being bullied and attacked:

One boy pushed her to the ground in the cubby room and kicked and shoved her during a class assignment when a teacher was not looking, according to the complaint. That boy was involved in the rope incident, the suit says.

and what was the school's response to that incident:

When the girl’s mother asked Live Oak for help last fall, the “school’s response was that the bullying had been an ‘accident,’ and the boy had not meant to push KP to the ground”, the suit says.
    Man, "accidents" just seem to follow this boy around when it comes to this girl. Coincidence? Seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-17 at 04:43 PM.

Is it though? There's a history of this girl being bullied and attacked:

Coincidence? Seems unlikely.
    He said She said is not definitive evidence of anything. It also says in like the very next paragraph that “It sounds like he may have pushed on the back of her leg to make her leg buckle, which is something the kids sometimes do. Rarely is that done out of meanness but more out of a desire for sport.”

#IStandWithGinaCarano