Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Can someone (in detail) explain to me a "humane" process of killing an animal, intended for the purpose of eating?
    It's been my understanding that a shot in the head with a bolt gun is usually quick and painless. Most Western countries employ as humane methods as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Wrote a stupid rant in reply, but i'll go with this:

I'm a butcher, every now and then i'll get some twit like yourself in the store protesting about how the whole industry is inhumane, immoral and whatnot.

Fuck off.

People want meat, we supply.

We kill animals (in this case, a cow) for food, deal with it.

There's a metric shitton of rules and regulations, but whenever a bunch of idiots like these show up the whole industry gets criticism from the public.
    he is literally saying how it should be and is lawfully required in anywhere that doesn't require a turban. how can you argue a quick death is bad? he isnt protesting that people cant east meat or its immoral to do so he is saying not to torture the animal which is different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    My grandpa used to cut the chicken's head and then the chicken would jump around headless messing everything up. People were tough back then...
    but even that is a humane death because its quick, if he broke its legs or wings prior to that then it wouldn't be.

Can someone (in detail) explain to me a "humane" process of killing an animal, intended for the purpose of eating?

Bonus points if you include examples from different animal types (chickens, pigs, cows, etc.).
    As someone who has been raising cattle, sheep, pigs, and chickens on a hobby farm scale for meat over the last 20 years, the only way I ever kill hoofed animals is with a .22 rifle shot to the brain. It's instant, painless, as it should be.
    Chickens/turkeys are a different method, and mine are done on a chopping block. It sounds gory, but it's immediate for the birds. Some people do slitting the throat when the bird is hanging upside down, but I've seen first hand when someone didn't do it properly and it's horrible to watch.

Seeing someone slaughtering this way is absolutely disgusting, and there is zero logical, or even humane, reasoning behind slaughtering this way.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I cant wait for the animal rights activists to come here saying how inhumane it is.... and then continue eating their burgers, steaks, wings, etc.
    Most of the vocal animal rights activists I know are either vegetarian/vegan or they are very selective with their meat sources.

Vietnam.
    They also don't really have any human rights there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are not qualified to argue this. I know this because you think "time inefficient" slaughter is a negative thing. It's the speed that things need to be done that increases the in humane practices. Before you continue looking stupid I suggest you do some research on line speeds and what that does to animals and even the workers.
    Compared to whom? You?

Your rubbish has already been debunked by a few posters already. You started with a grand statement that it's like this everywhere and you can't even offer any solid proof. You're a phony.

Is this actually inhumane? Are these cows suffering? Just because it's brutal doesn't necessarily make it inhuman. (I'm not willing to watch the video. These types of anti-slaughter house videos are usually edited for maximum shock value which I don't want to see.) If the cow is immediately rendered unconscious then I'd say that's pretty humane.

I went vegatarian a few months ago and I am finding it incredible easy to not eat meat.
    So today I went on youtube and I watched Vegangains video about a slaughterhouse. It pissed me off so I googled some more. There I found http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-France.html A link where a humane french slaughterhouse is throwing around animals and more. I didn't ( want ) to watch it all.

And now this?

I am seriously thinking of going vegan. I am not against meat eating persé, but if you look at how animals are treated their whole life inside those tiny cages, I cannot justify eating meat any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Is this actually inhumane? Are these cows suffering? Just because it's brutal doesn't necessarily make it inhuman. (I'm not willing to watch the video. These types of anti-slaughter house videos are usually edited for maximum shock value which I don't want to see.) If the cow is immediately rendered unconscious then I'd say that's pretty humane.
    The animal was beaten slowly to death with a sledgehammer.

Deleted
    this is nothing new in Vietnam

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how it's slaughtered as long as it is not halal.

Inhumane death is the biggest oxymoron. There is nothing humane about execution. It doesn't matter if it gets shot in the head or hit with a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    The animal was beaten slowly to death with a sledgehammer.
    Was it unconscious after the first hit? If not, that's fucking horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Was it unconscious after the first hit? If not, that's fucking horrible.
    It was very much conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    I went vegatarian a few months ago and I am finding it incredible easy to not eat meat.

And now this?

I am seriously thinking of going vegan. I am not against meat eating persé, but if you look at how animals are treated their whole life inside those tiny cages, I cannot justify eating meat any longer.
    It is actually very easy to go vegetarian, if your diet is balanced you do not miss meat at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is what happens when Australia gets wind of it's cattle being treated poorly overseas.

We have just as strict standards for the people who receive our exports as we do for our domestic slaughterhouses.

EDIT: It was even mentioned in the opening article.
    Last edited by Radio; 2016-06-17 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Inhumane death is the biggest oxymoron. There is nothing humane about execution. It doesn't matter if it gets shot in the head or hit with a sledgehammer.
    This makes no sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone (in detail) explain to me a "humane" process of killing an animal, intended for the purpose of eating?.
    Sure. Cooper model 52 XLR shot to the head from 100 yards out. Bout as humane as it gets. That goes for deer and most other game.

If your animals are killed in any less humane fashion than when i go out and do it myself out on the prarie during open season, i won't buy your meat.

OT: Gonna be careful if i buy any Aussie beef in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    OT: Gonna be careful if i buy any Aussie beef in the future.
    Friendly reminder that exports to Vietnam have been banned until they crack down on the shit in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    okay..... If they were barely enforced, they'd be shut down from undercover stings.
    No they wouldn't. I challenge you to do the research. The USDA is bought and paid for by Big AG.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown