Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I agree, twelve is well past the age when you should know this is wrong.
    Most people don't understand action and consequence until witnessed or experienced. 12 year olds haven't experienced much considering they can only recall 6-7 years of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Most people don't understand action and consequence until witnessed or experienced. 12 year olds haven't experienced much considering they can only recall 6-7 years of their life.
    Shit, men still do stupid shit like this into their 20's some times.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Agreed. Wrestling on blacktop basketball courts at recess often resulted in injuries. Also games where the whole point was to knock whoever had the ball to the ground and take the ball. I won't say what that game was called because I don't want to trigger anybody.
    Smear the queer, I'll say it. It wasn't meant as smear the homosexual though, it was meant as odd one out.

As someone who has been at the mercy of a school administration for something I didn't do and got punished for, i hope they sue the shit out of them and win.

10+ Year Old Account
    If bullying was that big of a problem for the girl then why didn't they pull her out of that school?
    The school having a history of bullying doesn't mean they have a history with 1 person being bullied.

Also, as to why victims of bullying don't just speak up and have something done about it. Give this movie a watch, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2523832/. I felt it accurately represented how I felt when I was bullied when I was young.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Dont jump to conclusions about racism and nooses, As it is Texas it is entirely possible that some white kid was pretending to be a cowboy, was trying to show off his 'ropin' cowboy skills and tossed the rope over the girls head and pulled her off her feet to show what he would do to a bull without fully understanding the implications of roping a black girls neck or that it would cause as much harm as it did.

It is also entirely possible that it was done by a racist to cause harm to a black person, but the important thing is until we know the facts we don't really know anything.

School is responsible for everything that happens t o kids while they are at school, end of story.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So guilty until proven innocent then?
    When did I say that? I never said they were guilty. The discussion I was having was about whether 12 year olds should know right from wrong, and if they should know that actions have consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smear the queer, I'll say it. It wasn't meant as smear the homosexual though, it was meant as odd one out.
    We simply called it, "Kill the man with the ball". I thought that was the common name for it.

Shit, men still do stupid shit like this into their 20's some times.
    Yeah, I can't remember all the times I snuck up on one of my buddies, wrapped a rope around his neck and pulled him violently to the ground, Man...me and the boys still have good laughs about it...now that our throats are all healed anyway

I felt like 3 million was a retardedly high amount until the school tried to claim it was an accident.

Retards deserve to lose that kind of funding if they're gonna call an obvious act of bullying an accident.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The school having a history of bullying doesn't mean they have a history with 1 person being bullied.

Also, as to why victims of bullying don't just speak up and have something done about it. Give this movie a watch, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2523832/. I felt it accurately represented how I felt when I was bullied when I was young.
    Oh trust me I know all about being bullied. I was bullied daily from 4th grade all the way through 12th grade. By quite a few people.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Yeah, I can't remember all the times I snuck up on one of my buddies, wrapped a rope around his neck and pulled him violently to the ground, Man...me and the boys still have good laughs about it...
    I'm not gonna lie, that made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 year olds haven't experienced much considering they can only recall 6-7 years of their life.
    I don't know man, even in elementary school we didn't have kids dragging other kids around with ropes. It might be common in Texas or whatever other southern state for whatever reason, but that shit definitely didn't fly up north.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Oh trust me I know all about being bullied. I was bullied daily from 4th grade all the way through 12th grade. By quite a few people.
    You weren't bullied. That was all accidental or just in sport, not meanness.

I loved that game. Back then queer used to just mean weird or unusual, then gay people stole it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...school-lawsuit

Don't you hate when you get accidentally lynched?

The pictures are pretty bad, she could very well be physically scarred for life. She could easily have been killed, with that much pressure being put on the rope to make it cut and burn like that.
    Calling bullshit on this story based on those pictures. That wound is far too significant to be a minor rope burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you would understand how it can be unseen at times. Sometimes it is when you are alone that they find you and torment you. And all you are left with is confusion, anger, and fear. With that, it can feel as though telling anyone won't fix the issue, and it will only makes things worse. As the saying goes, "Snitches get stitches". In my neighborhood, that was a well known fact. If you rat someone out, you will have a few kids waiting on your porch when you get home ready to kick the shit out of you. Front yard brawls were common enough to scare most kids from speaking out.

All the same, since you have experience, I highly recommend watching that movie, it is pretty good, and made me choke up.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2016-06-17 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    This is fucked up, what kind of kids do that? Hell, this is fucked up without the obvious racial connotations.
    I would blame the kid's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Calling bullshit on this story based on those pictures. That wound is far too significant to be a minor rope burn.
    Who said anything about a minor rope burn? I believe the terms used were “severe and painful”.

Agreed. Right now everything is he said she said. There's no proof one way or the other. It doesn't matter who made what claims.
    There is physical evidence-- the scar on her neck goes around her neck, not just across. That makes the accident story far less plausible.

And remember, this is civil court, not criminal. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt isn't required.