Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's such a common accident, putting a noose around someone's neck and pulling on it. Obviously the school and those involved can't be held responsible for such uncontrollable things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Then you would understand how it can be unseen at times. Sometimes it is when you are alone that they find you and torment you. And all you are left with is confusion, anger, and fear. With that, it can feel as though telling anyone won't fix the issue, and it will only makes things worse. As the saying goes, "Snitches get stitches". In my neighborhood, that was a well known fact. If you rat someone out, you will have a few kids waiting on your porch when you get home ready to kick the shit out of you. Front yard brawls was common enough to scare most kids from speaking out.

All the same, since you have experience, I highly recommend watching that movie, it is pretty good, and made me choke up.
    I'm not saying bullying is right. I'm simply saying all we have now is alot of he said she said. I could be very wrong about them doing it on accident. The injuries to her neck are very bad. I'm just saying kids do stupid shit out on the play ground. I'm waiting til we have all the facts to jump on either band wagon.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    There is physical evidence-- the scar on her neck goes around her neck, not just across. That makes the accident story far less plausible.

And remember, this is civil court, not criminal. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt isn't required.
    And the suit isn't about the boys anyway...it's about how the school handled the entire situation.

There is physical evidence-- the scar on her neck goes around her neck, not just across. That makes the accident story far less plausible.

And remember, this is civil court, not criminal. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt isn't required.
    a scar doesn't prove intent though.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account

If you consider that the burns go all the way around her neck, that could tell you more about what happened. Some potential situations are that she was caught from behind and dragged to the ground, then rolled over to attempt to free herself and they kept pulling. That could cause the damage to be seen all the way around the neck. Or it could have actually been a noose which will tighten as the rope is pulled tightly and cinch all the way around the neck.

i'm more leaning towards the struggle route though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    a scar doesn't prove intent though.
    positioning clearly does though. I mean that seems pretty obvious.

edit: huh.. ya know then again, if i were to go back in time to where i was stupid kid again, i might try and gator roll out of it making matters much worse. it couldve just been your run of the mill lassoing gone wrong.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-06-17 at 05:09 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying bullying is right. I'm simply saying all we have now is alot of he said she said. I could be very wrong about them doing it on accident. The injuries to her neck are very bad. I'm just saying kids do stupid shit out on the play ground. I'm waiting til we have all the facts to jump on either band wagon.
    I'm with you. We're on the same page on this one. This particular story needs more details.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

"This crusade is much more important than the anti-lynching movement, because there would be no lynching if it did not start in the schoolroom." -Carter G. Woodson

I hope they win the lawsuit, three million dollars is a lot of money.

Shit, men still do stupid shit like this into their 20's some times.
    That couldn't be because when they were 12 they were taught that this stuff can just be handwaved away as "accidents."

The only facts that are relevant to this case are how the school handled it. The fact is that the school did not even investigate the situation that caused these injuries. The fact is that a boy who had already previously been accused of bullying this girl was once again involved in an incident where she is the victim and, in both cases, the school ruled "accidental". The fact is that after the girl was injured by the rope attack the school did not even inform her parents. These are all facts that are not in dispute.

The case is built on the School not taking the appropriate measures to prevent these situations and protect this girl.

- - - Updated - - -

That couldn't be because when they were 12 they were taught that this stuff can just be handwaved away as "accidents."
    Just "Boys being boys". No big deal.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-17 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The only facts that are relevant to this case are how the school handled it. The fact is that the school did not even investigate the situation that caused these injuries. The fact is that a boy who had already previously been accused of bullying this girl was once again involved in an incident where she is the victim and, in both cases, the school ruled "accidental". The fact is that after the girl was injured by the rope attack the school did not even inform her parents. These are all facts that are not in dispute.

The case is built on the School not taking the appropriate measures to prevent these situations and protect this girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Just "Boys being boys". No big deal.
    I'm not talking about the law suit. I'm talking about whether any of it was intentional or not.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Her skin is literally torn to shreds and they didn't even think to bring her into an ER immediately (at least it appears like that since the mother had to do that the next day after picking her up)? Yeah, I'm not feeling sorry that they get their asses sued.

I'm not talking about the law suit. I'm talking about whether any of it was intentional or not.
    The point is that this thread isn't about the actions of the boys...it's about the lawsuit against the school.

But you're kinda burying your head in the sand a bit if you think this wasn't intentional. Maybe they didn't mean to cause the harm that they did...but there's pretty clear evidence about what happened...and the previous reports of one of the same boys bullying this girl is a pretty big coincidence. To try and hide this behind "THis was all in good fun" and "accidents happen" is, quite simply, ridiculous. How many times does a boy have to "accidentally" hurt a girl for it to stop seeming like an acccident?

At the very least, with those previous reports of bullying and the nature of the injuries, you should at least be leaning more towards the victims accounts of these events rather than the alleged perpetrators.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-17 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    That's a nasty injury, poor girl.

By the way, what's the deal with "white" and "black" ? Where is the need to tell the skin color ? Is that aggravating factor to bully a black girl or to be white ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Does the presence of a noose actually matter here? Did you see the pictures...that was definitely caused by a rope or wire or something along those lines.
    Kids are not bright, and intentionally wrap things around their necks all the time. I certainly don't claim that's what happened here, but it's entirely plausible. It's obvious that people want this to be a race issue, and maybe it is . . . but it's also silly to make that assumption based on schoolyard roughhousing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    ...it is common among redneck kids. This likely has nothing to do with race but just stupid kids and lack of supervision.
    That is not common among redneck kids. They don't often wrap ropes around each other's necks. I grew up in Kentucky, 95% of people here are rednecks. Never once did someone put a rope around someone's neck. We had gun threats against black people, we had knife fights, no ropes though.

This is 100% a racial crime and the students should be punished as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    That's a nasty injury, poor girl.

By the way, what's the deal with "white" and "black" ? Where is the need to tell the skin color ? Is that aggravating factor to bully a black girl or to be white ?
    Well, there's no ironclad evidence of this being a racially motivated attack, if you read the article this girl has repeatedly reported being bullied because they did not accept her. Again, that may not necessarily be related to race....but there are indications that it could have been

And of course there's always the medias sensationalism to take into account. White boys wrapping a rope around a black girl's neck conjures some pretty explicit imagery.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-17 at 05:43 PM.

I love it!!! ONE person in this tread trying to defend the school and I guess the kids. By that person's post history. I am not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Been a while since last someone was dragged to death in TX.. 2008 I believe it was.

Some things never go away, even if it takes a few years.
    Had to wait, see if they remembered their place, uppity ni...

/saracsm
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Kids are not bright, and intentionally wrap things around their necks all the time. I certainly don't claim that's what happened here, but it's entirely plausible. It's obvious that people want this to be a race issue, and maybe it is . . . but it's also silly to make that assumption based on schoolyard roughhousing.
    Kids must be different where you are from. Where I'm from we never heard of any kids getting violently pulled to the ground with a rope around their neck by other kids. Or, at the very least, we didn't dismiss that as "kids just horsing around".

We also never played this apparently super fun "Leg buckle" game that one of the same boys that wrapped the rope around her neck played with her too. Just good clean fun.

I do remember a time in High School when I was walking away from a bully and he hit me in the back of my knee with a cane. I don't think he was just playing a game though and I don't remember it being that much fun for me either.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-17 at 05:53 PM.