15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I explained why they cannot send another expedition, they have no resources and there are more pressing concerns.
    They have no resources? We already know they rebuild the Mass relays which is impossible with "no resources". You keep acting like the Milky Way ended after the Reapers defeat. It didn't. The crucible alone catapulted the technology of the survivors. With Synthesis and Control the knowledge and technology of the Reapers is there to be studied and developed. We also know that Reapers can communicate over vast distances. Again the theory doesn't hold nor does your explanations.

Just because it was prepared to operate on its own with no extra help doesn't mean some can't be sent. Why are you honestly believing that no one at all increase FTL speed or any technology after the defeat of the Reapers? You honestly believe that Krogans and Salarians would work together to cure the genophage? That a SR3 could be developed? Nothing you or others have stated leads any credibility to the Andromeda expedition being launched prior to, or during, the Reaper crisis.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-06-16 at 11:36 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Duuuuuudes.

Like. Without the Relays it would take you THOUSANDS OF YEARS to cross the galaxy. Or something, I have no idea how big the Galaxy is.

Now consider that the distance between the Milky Way and Andromeda is way bigger.

So how'd they get to Andromeda?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Duuuuuudes.

Like. Without the Relays it would take you THOUSANDS OF YEARS to cross the galaxy. Or something, I have no idea how big the Galaxy is.

Now consider that the distance between the Milky Way and Andromeda is way bigger.

This game might take place a thousand years into the future, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duuuuuudes.

Since they were put in a cryogenic stasis, what does it matter how long it takes? Even if it took them 100,000 years to get there, with the tech in the game - what exactly is the problem? Fuel is consumed only on the stage of speeding up and slowing down; so the energy is only needed to support stasis, which is not much for a crew of a few dozen people. Plus, knowing the level of tech in Mass Effect, they probably can find a way to extract energy from cosmic particles too, removing the time limitations for travel completely.

Plus, I have the suspicion that they found a wormhole or something and the travel actually was much shorter than going there directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    This game might take place a thousand years into the future, who knows.
    Even Reapers need Mass Relays to travel and their technology had millions of years to evolve.

I find it unrealistic that the Milky Way races would somehow surpass the Reapers in a few hundred years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Reapers need Mass Relays to travel and their technology had millions of years to evolve.

I find it unrealistic that the Milky Way races would somehow surpass the Reapers in a few hundred years.
    They don't "need" Mass Relays to travel; like Leviathan said, relays were created to speed up cycles, not to establish them in the first place.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    They don't "need" Mass Relays to travel; like Leviathan said, relays were created to speed up cycles, not to establish them in the first place.
    Without them it would take them A LOT to travel. So much that I wonder how the Starkid killed them in the first place. THe Leviathan dominated the entire Galaxy, if the Starkid somehow started killing them they'd have plenty time to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without them it would take them A LOT to travel. So much that I wonder how the Starkid killed them in the first place. THe Leviathan dominated the entire Galaxy, if the Starkid somehow started killing them they'd have plenty time to hide.
    "A lot", true, but for machines time is not very relevant. Even if past cycles took millions years, and if defeating Leviathans was a result of a long multi-million year war - they could do it. Just imagine how much time actually building the Relay network took - wasn't a problem for them, they had a lot of time to spare with no competition in the galaxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the mass relays were severly damaged in a lot of the ME:3 endings. but they did say they would fix them over time
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    The Reapers used the Citadel and Mass Relays to direct evolution of each cycle and to then have a way to pretty much win the war in the opening attack. It was the protheans who disabled the Mass Relay on the Citadel that stopped the Reapers from appearing their. They then had to travel by FTL. I am not sure if it is directly stated but the Wiki has 30 light years in a 24 hour span as the speed the Reapers could travel.

With Blue and Green endings you preserve Reaper tech. They would likely share it, or it could be studied and reversed engineered with in a reasonable time. The crucible was also a big leap forward. Red would be the only ending make it difficult to surpass or equal the Reapers since the Destroy ending destroyed Reaper tech. Though it still shows civilization rebuilding the relays.

The Citadel relay could also have been reactivated and used to Relay to the Reaper staging ground. If the big ship shown in the Trailer is what is used to travel to Andromeda then it could have a Relay built into it that is used to go to Andromeda (as a Super-powered Relay. Think 8th chevron from star-gate kinda stuff). Or it carries a Relay to use from the Reaper staging grounds. I wonder if they will use the dark matter sub-plot of the first 3 as the reason for leaving the milky way.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Reapers used the Citadel and Mass Relays to direct evolution of each cycle and to then have a way to pretty much win the war in the opening attack. It was the protheans who disabled the Mass Relay on the Citadel that stopped the Reapers from appearing their.
    I am aware, I was talking about the First Cycle, when they had no Relays and no Reapers. How did they travel/win that one?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am aware, I was talking about the First Cycle, when they had no Relays and no Reapers. How did they travel/win that one?
    FTL. There could have been Relays the Leviathans used. They could have had some other tech never mentioned in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which, I'm eager to see what kind of tech civilizations in Andromeda have. Mass Relays were Reapers' invention (or rather, the AI's which governed them), so if nothing similar to the Reapers exists in Andromeda, they must use other means of fast travel. Or would they eventually work out Mass Relay technology on their own, much like Protheans on Ilos did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which, I'm eager to see what kind of tech civilizations in Andromeda have. Mass Relays were Reapers' invention (or rather, the AI's which governed them), so if nothing similar to the Reapers exists in Andromeda, they must use other means of fast travel. Or would they eventually work out Mass Relay technology on their own, much like Protheans on Ilos did?
    was wondering on that as well. was said before we are the invading force here to find a new home.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They have no resources? We already know they rebuild the Mass relays
    Yeah, that was one of the pressing concerns I was talking about. So you basically want them to scrap that and just send the resources to Andromeda for whatever reason. Who needs Mass Relays rebuilt anyway, right?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    For the Harvest. They could have concluded that 50k years is probably the best amount of time to wait. It's most likely they experimented with seeing how civilization develops and came up with that as a mean time. They have also intervened early when civilization had come across Artificial Intelligence and it got out of hand for it.
    The cycles have also gotten faster as time has gone on. First cycles after the Leviathans propably took hundreds of thousands of years because life was left at it's own chaotic means of developing. In later cycles the Reapers started to guide organics to the way they wanted to speed up the process by leaving them the Relays, Citadel and other technology lying around the Galaxy.

- - - Updated - - -

Protheans had the Reaper built Relays to take inspiration from when they built the Conduit on Ilos. Whatever Relay/Warpgate analogue Andromeda might have will propably look different (or atleast they should, but Bioware might just make them Relays because they're iconic) but the underlying physics in them will be similar to Relays.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that was one of the pressing concerns I was talking about. So you basically want them to scrap that and just send the resources to Andromeda for whatever reason. Who needs Mass Relays rebuilt anyway, right?
    Who says they have to scrap it to send a mission to check on the Andromeda mission? You again are only discussing in terms of extremes while ignoring anything else. The technological advancement gained by Green and Blue endings and the construction of the Crucible would be enough to reduce the time it takes to get to Andromeda. Access to Reaper FTL would be enough to get to Andromeda before any expedition that left before the conflict ended.

And they don't even have to leave with in a hundred years of the defeat of the Reapers to lose an time advantage.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who says they have to scrap it to send a mission to check on the Andromeda mission?
    Logistics?
    You again are only discussing in terms of extremes while ignoring anything else. The technological advancement gained by Green and Blue endings and the construction of the Crucible would be enough to reduce the time it takes to get to Andromeda.
    What technological advancement? Neither of the endings produced any technologies. There might be new technologies in YEARS to come, but not right away.
    And Crucible is just a power source that was SPENT. And I don't see how you can reduce the time it takes to get to Andromeda with any of that anyway.
    Access to Reaper FTL would be enough to get to Andromeda before any expedition that left before the conflict ended.
    What is that mythical technology? And why would you go to Andromeda, again? For what purpose?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    What is that mythical technology? And why would you go to Andromeda, again? For what purpose?
    Why do you think the Reapers don't have FTL drives? We already established the purpose to check on the expedition that was sent during the war. To let them know that peace now exists. To explore. The technological advancement comes from now being at peace with the Reapers. Having access to their technology and millions of years of stored knowledge. You also don't seem to understand how travel in mass effect works. If reapers can travel 30x faster then everyone else then even years later will still get a new expedition their faster or shortly after the first.

The crucible also took enormous leaps in scientific knowledge to develop. They those theories and discoveries translates over into civilization as a whole. And if you honestly believe that an entire galaxy can only build mass relays then you have biggest issues at hand then some of the other things you continually ignore. Logistics isn't a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What are ya talkin brah? The reapers were blown up to hell =D
    It's still peace if there's no one/nothing to be at war with.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently there's more than one Ryder.

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/...76002363006976