Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone tried HFC on the PTR?

Looking at the current state of tanks and with some dps specs being totally broken, (cough cough ret) I question if we're gonna get another mythic SoO situation where some bosses are almost impossible for awhile. I mean, I just see tanks getting eaten alive on bosses like Tyrant and Xhul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell until they do an actual thorough balancing pass. Isn't it?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Hard to tell until they do an actual thorough balancing pass. Isn't it?
    For sure, but as far as I'm aware they haven't communicated any kind of plans or schedule for such a balance pass. I mean, some of this stuff has been known about for months, or was even intentional on the part of Blizzard, such as tank mitigation and healing being gutted. I expected this sort of thing to be sorted long before the PTR came up, and well, Legion is fast approaching, so I'm curious what the state of things is now, because there's no guarantees anything will change between now and live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    For sure, but as far as I'm aware they haven't communicated any kind of plans or schedule for such a balance pass.
    Q&A today mentioned they are concentrating now on tuning. If you are unhappy with class mechanics then you probably will remain so. Go read the Q&A in the news on our front page.

Of course stuff will change due to the beta/PTR between now and live. Whether or not you will like the changes is open to question but you can't be serious that nothing is going to change with an ongoing beta and PTR.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Q&A today mentioned they are concentrating now on tuning. If you are unhappy with class mechanics then you probably will remain so. Go read the Q&A in the news on our front page.

Of course stuff will change due to the beta/PTR between now and live. Whether or not you will like the changes is open to question but you can't be serious that nothing is going to change with an ongoing beta and PTR.
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. Of course some things are going to change, but there's no guarantee that any one individual thing, no matter how important, will change.

Once again I point to SoO. If I recall, in the WoD pre patch no one was able to actually kill mythic Garrosh for the first week, and many of the other bosses were absurdly difficult. I also think back to the Cataclysm pre patch, where Fury Warrior, (which I mained at the time, which is why I remember it) hit live in a totally unplayable state. Idk if you were around for and/or remember that, but literally full BiS including Shadowmourne and I couldn't break 3k dps on 3 target cleave. And Blizzard acted like this was a surprise when everyone started bitching. Then they increased Fury's dps by about x8 with a hotfix like 3 days later, making us the strongest dps in the game. Blizzard has fucked up this exact thing several times before. I understand they've come a long way since then, but I still find it hard to be confident in their pre patch balancing abilities.

Saying that they're working on tuning is vacuous. It doesn't actually mean anything without specifics. Without knowing how many balance passes there's going to be before Legion, when these balance passes will happen, and what specifically they're looking at for said passes, the only logical thing to do is to assume that any given thing is going to hit live exactly as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't enter it, it's disabled.

as far as I'm aware they haven't communicated any kind of plans or schedule for such a balance pass. I mean, some of this stuff has been known about for months
    Blizz always say they do class/spec balancing at this point in a beta. But has it really made much difference in previous expansions?

I wouldn't bother doing any raiding on PTR or on Live after the pre-patch hits. Every class is going to be balanced/tuned around their artifacts, which we won't have. I'm expecting it to be an overall shit show until we get to 110. So unless you just run some difficulty you vastly outgear, for the sake of getting a bit more comfort with your new mechanics, I would suggest just waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I wouldn't bother doing any raiding on PTR or on Live after the pre-patch hits. Every class is going to be balanced/tuned around their artifacts, which we won't have. I'm expecting it to be an overall shit show until we get to 110. So unless you just run some difficulty you vastly outgear, for the sake of getting a bit more comfort with your new mechanics, I would suggest just waiting.
    On the extremely likely chance they nerf HFC into the ground to accommodate broken classes/specs, raiding during the pre-patch is a perfect time to experience content which may have previously been out of your reach. In the SoO pre-patch, for example, many players who had previous been stuck at 8/14H were able to PuG Mythic Garrosh. Since they don't nerf the drop rate of Mythic exclusive mounts until after the expansion launches, this is a great time to give it a shot.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be suprised to see a blanket 20% HP/Damage Done nerf to all HFC bosses during pre patch, and there will be no need for tanks on most bosses as they'll die in 20 seconds :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Wouldn't be suprised to see a blanket 20% HP/Damage Done nerf to all HFC bosses during pre patch, and there will be no need for tanks on most bosses as they'll die in 20 seconds :P
    I doubt the nerf will be quite as extensive as SoO's pre-patch... especially since even with a flat HP nerf on the bosses most classes are doing less relative damage comparative to live.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. Of course some things are going to change, but there's no guarantee that any one individual thing, no matter how important, will change.

Once again I point to SoO. If I recall, in the WoD pre patch no one was able to actually kill mythic Garrosh for the first week, and many of the other bosses were absurdly difficult. I also think back to the Cataclysm pre patch, where Fury Warrior, (which I mained at the time, which is why I remember it) hit live in a totally unplayable state. Idk if you were around for and/or remember that, but literally full BiS including Shadowmourne and I couldn't break 3k dps on 3 target cleave. And Blizzard acted like this was a surprise when everyone started bitching. Then they increased Fury's dps by about x8 with a hotfix like 3 days later, making us the strongest dps in the game. Blizzard has fucked up this exact thing several times before. I understand they've come a long way since then, but I still find it hard to be confident in their pre patch balancing abilities.

Saying that they're working on tuning is vacuous. It doesn't actually mean anything without specifics. Without knowing how many balance passes there's going to be before Legion, when these balance passes will happen, and what specifically they're looking at for said passes, the only logical thing to do is to assume that any given thing is going to hit live exactly as it is now.
    Balance definitely won't be perfect but that's expected. They tune for 110 once the pre-patch hits. Blizzard will add emergency fixes to grossly under/over tuned classes but other than that their focus will be how you perform at max level.

It would be waste of resources to balance everything for 3-4 weeks when people will be blowing past 100 immediately on Legion's release.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Implying bosses aren't already dying in sub 20 seconds lol

Except that they won't die in 20 seconds because your live toon in 7.0 does almost half the damage than it does on live because you don't have access to the artifact and the abilities are tuned with it in mind, raid buffs have been removed, all class passive boosts have been removed and hfc trinkets have been mega nerfed as well. It is almost 100% guaranteed that there will be a raid nerf otherwise it will be like doing hfc mythic with 700 ilvl if not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Except that they won't die in 20 seconds because your live toon in 7.0 does almost half the damage than it does on live..
    Are you sure? I keep hearing on the PTR that Fury\Rogue\Hunter damage is INSANE! My own testing confirms what you are saying, but I'm a baddie so I figured I'm just doing it wrong.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Implying bosses aren't already dying in sub 20 seconds lol
    lol in the grand scheme of things no there are not...unless you're talking about the extreme outliers with guilds stacking arcane mages? In SoO you didnt need to stack any class to kill certain bosses sub 1 minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Are you sure? I keep hearing on the PTR that Fury\Rogue\Hunter damage is INSANE! My own testing confirms what you are saying, but I'm a baddie so I figured I'm just doing it wrong.
    LMAO.

Hunters are not doing insane damage on the PTR. I'm doing maybe 40% less damage on the PTR than I am doing on Live servers.

Deleted
    Once again I point to SoO. If I recall, in the WoD pre patch no one was able to actually kill mythic Garrosh for the first week, and many of the other bosses were absurdly difficult.
    no wrong. the first day (maybe 2 days for US guys, i am on EU) mythic garrosh was pretty hard, but not unkillable, though i think only the very very top guilds klilled him that day. we certainly couldnt do it.

All other 13 bosses were complete faceroll. on thursday they reduced garrosh's health by alot and then he was faceroll too. mythic SoO was never hard, people in tradechat would start pugs and actually fullclear mythic SoO with ease during pre patch it was ridiclious.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I doubt the nerf will be quite as extensive as SoO's pre-patch... especially since even with a flat HP nerf on the bosses most classes are doing less relative damage comparative to live.
    I think you underestimate how trash the classes are at 100 in 7.0 compared to right now. If anything hfc may see the biggest nerfs we've ever seen. Also its not just dmg the new healing model is a lot weaker even at 110 and its really bad at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Pvp templates are all kinds of messed up is what's coming from Things like armor so low you have a 10% dmg reduction from it lol, only scaled to having 230k hp, the templates massively increasing weapon dmg etc.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-06-19 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    My 739 hunter does shit damage compared to live on all specs