Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So not fitting in is the same as racism? The only racism I see is people saying it was a racism without any proof. My son got bullied by a black kid, guess it was racism
    If you read what I said...im not saying it's ironclad evidence of this attack being racially motivated...but it is worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If you read what I said...im not saying it's ironclad evidence of this attack being racially motivated...but it is worth looking into.
    Ok that I can agree with

Deleted
    The monetary value seems obscene in comparison to what would typically be given out for assaults or even attempted murders under someone else's protection, but the ramifications for the school and the pupils should be as severe as is possible with regards to criminal action.

Let's make it clear then...do you think the school made the right call when the said that the attack against the girl was just in sport and any bullying was accidental?
    Ok, let me break this down barney level for you. I think the school was negligent in how they handled it. I think that it was negligent in that they did not get ahold of the parents after it happened. I also think there should be more of an investigation into the whole situation. I'm not saying one way or another whether the boys in question intentionally wanted to hurt the girl or if this was a case of kids doing stupid shit and not anticipating the consequences. I just don't think there's enough evidence either way outside of he said she said. It is entirely possible that he did in fact want to hurt her and that's the part that I feel needs to be investigated further. Yes it was stupid what the boys did. and they should get in trouble for doing it. Even back in my day when we did stupid shit where people got hurt whether it was an accident or not you faced the consequences of it. Then everyone moved on.

So just to summarize. The law suit is warranted against the school and yes the boys did stupid shit. I just think we can't say whether or not he wanted to hurt the girl or not.

Does this clear things up for you?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with them looking into it. Its when the title reads whites rope black girl. It just turns it into a racial issue before it was one. Even if it isn't proven to be a racial issue, it is to late now, it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...school-lawsuit

Don't you hate when you get accidentally lynched?

The pictures are pretty bad, she could very well be physically scarred for life. She could easily have been killed, with that much pressure being put on the rope to make it cut and burn like that.
    not to belittle the fact that nobody has a right to do such a thing, but if a few abrasions to my neck nets 3 million, ill be getting the black paint out and buying a ticket to waco.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    Did they do this to her because she was black? If so I'd have a problem with it, but for all we know this girl could have been a total cunt.

Funny how it's only racist when it's white people, muslim immigrants are raping and attacking tousands of white women and children across Europe, why is that not considered racist?
    Still not a reason to put a rope around her neck and drag her to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Ok, let me break this down barney level for you. I think the school was negligent in how they handled it. I think that it was negligent in that they did not get ahold of the parents after it happened. I also think there should be more of an investigation into the whole situation. I'm not saying one way or another whether the boys in question intentionally wanted to hurt the girl or if this was a case of kids doing stupid shit and not anticipating the consequences. I just don't think there's enough evidence either way outside of he said she said. It is entirely possible that he did in fact want to hurt her and that's the part that I feel needs to be investigated further. Yes it was stupid what the boys did. and they should get in trouble for doing it. Even back in my day when we did stupid shit where people got hurt whether it was an accident or not you faced the consequences of it. Then everyone moved on.

So just to summarize. The law suit is warranted against the school and yes the boys did stupid shit. I just think we can't say whether or not he wanted to hurt the girl or not.

So, you think the school was negligent when the dismissed the bullying as accidental and in good fun....but you also think that there's no way to know that the boys intended harm...even after you acknowledge that at least one of those boys was bullying her? Your logic is thin on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I will call bullshit on this one....clothesline will mostly damage the front 1/2 of a persons neck with the most damage being to the "front 1/3" from the force.Unless it was a very loose hanging clothesline and your friend wrapped himself in it.

The girl in the pics shown has what appears to be damage all the way around her neck , save for a small patch towards the back of it.
    More consistent with her story than yours.
    The line became unhooked on the one side and did slightly wrap around. That also doesn't take into account any kind of turning of the head that would further increase the area the rope contacts. I would say you can create a similar scar with a 100% taut rope if you hit it with the side of your neck and rolled across the front.
    The scar he has looks identical to what I'm seeing in these photos, and it took a second to create. I have a scar on my leg from a rope I climbed and slipped a little bit. Rope will tear flesh very very easily.

Did they do this to her because she was black? If so I'd have a problem with it, but for all we know this girl could have been a total cunt.

Funny how it's only racist when it's white people, muslim immigrants are raping and attacking tousands of white women and children across Europe, why is that not considered racist?
    I mean, if those boys shut a Jewish boy in an oven, would you still be making the argument that maybe they would have shut anyone else in the oven too? That it just happened to be the Jewish boy they decided to target because maybe he's a total cunt?

Then again, mayhem008 would probably bring up how when he was a kid they would shut each other in ovens all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The line became unhooked on the one side and did slightly wrap around. That also doesn't take into account any kind of turning of the head that would further increase the area the rope contacts. I would say you can create a similar scar with a 100% taut rope if you hit it with the side of your neck and rolled across the front.
    The scar he has looks identical to what I'm seeing in these photos, and it took a second to create. I have a scar on my leg from a rope I climbed and slipped a little bit. Rope will tear flesh very very easily.
    Well, even so, he was riding a bike at the time...which, it stands to reason, means he would have hit that rope with significant force....which would explain how his injuries are like hers. In both cases, There has to have been considerable force for the rope to cause that kind of damage.

Deleted
    This is such a travesty - Didn't we all play lynching as children?

- In all seriousness, i went into this thread thinking this was a scam of some kind, looked at the pictures, and then concluded: - How in the hell was this an 'accident' ?
    Now sure, calling it a premeditated hate crime is (probably) absurd, but it clearly wasn't 'accidental'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This is true, rope will burn with very little contact pressure at its surface if pulled across skin and around an angle. The weight of the slack on the side other to one being pulled from behind would be sufficient to cause injuries such as these with only, say, 20cm of travel. It's conceivable that rather than any pulling on both sides causing the injury the drawing of the cord, as it was released, across the skin did the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You should probably ask this of yourself when we explain to you that if someone bullies another, they intend to cause harm.

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others.

The very definition of bullying is to cause harm.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I have no issues with them looking into it. Its when the title reads whites rope black girl. It just turns it into a racial issue before it was one. Even if it isn't proven to be a racial issue, it is to late now, it already is.
    It's the media. They're going to use the most compelling headline and white boys dragging a black girl to the ground by the neck with a rope in a southern state....conjures up some potent imagery from the not too distant past.

It's the media. They're going to use the most compelling headline and white boys dragging a black girl to the ground by the neck with a rope in a southern state....conjures up some potent imagery from the not too distant past.
    On that note, didn't lynchings peak around late 1800s? I seem to remember reading there being about 3000 in total done to blacks and 1000 done to others (including whites) in all US history. I'm not sure if that is a common occurrence as people seem to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    12 year olds might be idiots but that doesn't mean they can't think for themselves. 12 year olds are at a point in their life when they absolutely should have a sense of morality, and of the consequences of their actions. There's no excuse. I'm not saying these particular kids couldn't be been shitheads (they probably are), but in that case you punish them, and the school failed to do that.
    Kids that age still push the edges of morality. Bullying has and will always be a thing. Sometimes it gets physical. Some of those times it gets extremely dangerous, like this time. And yes, the school should have figured out what happened and acted accordingly, sweeping it under the rug and hoping nobody would notice is poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    On that note, didn't lynchings peak around late 1800s? I seem to remember reading there being about 3000 in total done to blacks and 1000 done to others (including whites) in all US history. I'm not sure if that is a common occurrence as people seem to believe.
    the 20th century had a fair share of lynchings...and racially motivated crimes are still not uncommon even today.

This is disgusting, and I can't even believe shit like this still takes place. It has no place in "civilized' countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    "The school’s principal, Allison Buras, did not investigate whether the incident was intentional, and the school did not notify the girl’s mother, Sandy Rougely, the suit claims."

That school is going to get fucked so hard.
    As it very well should.

Lets see how much BS you can spouse

First sentence shows your racist bias since your defending the people doing this with how you end your sentence
    his girl could have been a total cunt.
    Girl could be a witch and it wouldn't justify what they did

muslim immigrants are raping and attacking tousands of white women and children across Europe,
    ........ignoring the statement itself

How is this bloody relevant?