Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It makes them dam much harder to obtain.

Unlike the US the rest of the world aren't swimming in guns, I can't just go to craigstlist and see if somebody sells their gun.
    Not saying it's perfect...but what happens if someone really wants to truly harm someone? They built their own gun.

Just more psychos in the US who would go that far

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    It's heading that way in the UK.
    How so? There's not been a major change in the law since the gun amnesty in the mid 90's. Firearms are still permitted for some professions (farmers, vets and park wardens, for example), and private owners are still permitted to own deactivated firearms or live firearms that are kept at gun clubs. Air rifles and BB guns are still mostly allowed to be publically owned so long as they have clear visual indications that they are not 'real' firearms. Nothing has really changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Latest statements from the police indicate it wasn't home-made, but "modified": "It has emerged that the gun used to shoot Mrs Cox was not homemade, but was a real weapon shortened in some way."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36558386
    Its as I said earlier in the thread then, a bolt action that has been chopped down. It still took 3 rounds and a stabbing to kill her, whatever he did to that weapon really gimped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Not saying it's perfect...but what happens if someone really wants to truly harm someone? They built their own gun.

They do not really need to make their own guns in the US.

A home made gun is much less effective then a factory build weapon. Not to mention if anyone sees it they immediately know to call the police rather then wonder if that person has a license for the weapon they are carrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    How so? There's not been a major change in the law since the gun amnesty in the mid 90's. Firearms are still permitted for some professions (farmers, vets and park wardens, for example), and private owners are still permitted to own deactivated firearms or live firearms that are kept at gun clubs. Air rifles and BB guns are still mostly allowed to be publically owned so long as they have clear visual indications that they are not 'real' firearms. Nothing has really changed.
    Private owners do not have to keep their weapons at gun clubs, you can store them at home.

vs finding a gun in a country where the numbers don't match the entire population?

Pretty sure the statistics speak for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The guy's a stupid, crazy asshole who's only managed to give another group of stupid, crazy assholes a free martyr for their causes.
    I'm voting Out, but idiots like that only hurt our efforts; now the In crowd have something they can mention whenever cornered in an argument for free points.
    Someone put a bullet in his head; he's done more than enough damage.
    This. Already there are charities raising money for causes this MP supported (Charities supporting Syrian Refugees for example).
    She's doing more damage to the country in death than she could ever have done in life thanks to the asshole who killed her.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-06-17 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I never thought raising money for Syrian Refugees would be seen as a negative. what the hell is wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wow, I never thought raising money for Syrian Refugees would be seen as a negative. what the hell is wrong with people.
    I was equally surprised by that comment. Seems like a bitter bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I was equally surprised by that comment. Seems like a bitter bunch.
    The funny thing is the charities that money is being raised for are ones that help lonely people in the UK, help combat extremism in the UK and help volunteers IN Syria, yet according to Aeula this is going to damage our country? Some people are so fucking stupid (Aeula for example) that they think that trying to help people in their own country or combating extremism is damaging our country ><

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-06-18 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he gave his name in court as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain".

But no, this isn't political at all and bringing it up is just exploiting her death. The out campaign has been largely fuelled by fear and hatred, and this is what it's lead to.

Updated OP.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was even serious or not. So bizarre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was even serious or not. So bizarre.
    Delicate little petal got triggered seeing the word "Syrian" I think. He needs some therapeutic bench building activity but more than the last guy.......

I don't know, my friends, this seems to be all too coincidental. I have a feeling that she was sacrificed in order to sway the public towards an agenda.

Deleted
    well hes being tried in court today hopefully gets a long time,apparently the BBC said he gave his name as death to traitors freedom for britain. dunno how much of that is true since its the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Company)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I don't know, my friends, this seems to be all too coincidental. I have a feeling that she was sacrificed in order to sway the public towards an agenda.

yeah this isnt america where we assasinate politcal people to make a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    We're not in a season of 24.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So he gave his name in court as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain".

But no, this isn't political at all and bringing it up is just exploiting her death. The out campaign has been largely fuelled by fear and hatred, and this is what it's lead to.

just cos one person does a bad thing doesnt mean all pro leavers are like that, theres proleavers in this thread i dnt think there gonna kill there local MP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    well hes being tried in court today hopefully gets a long time
    par for the course would be that (if found guilty, and it's almost certain he will be given the circumstances if as reported) he will get life with a minimum tariff of 20 years for this type of murder alone. Given the nature of what he has done and the way he seemingly managed to keep his murderous intentions and vile beliefs hidden away from others over a long period of time, upon completion of that tariff it is highly unlikely he would be found to not be a significant threat to the public after completion of the minimum. Unless much changes in the next 20-30 years regarding attitudes to life and minimums, the only way he is ever getting out would be when he is so old he is physically incapable of harming anyone, so most probably just before he dies.

I'm sure his mental health will feature in his defence and it may well have a bearing on where he is ultimately detained. But if the facts are as reported so far, even if he is currently "batshit nuts" and was so at the time of the attack, the preparation and planning involved which he undertook regarding the means used in the attack when either mostly or totally well will render that of little concern. The prosecution will in all probability argue that he, at least at times, had capacity to fully appreciate the enormity of what he was preparing to do and demonstrate this by his ability to function regarding those preparations.

dunno how much of that is true since its the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Company)
    Our court proceedings are public (in most circumstances), and they are far from the only journalists there in such a high profile case. His response will also be in the court record. So you could probably take a guess as to how likely they are to just make shit up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    well hes being tried in court today hopefully gets a long time,apparently the BBC said he gave his name as death to traitors freedom for britain. dunno how much of that is true since its the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Company)
    Is that ironic? Because when the BBC is accused of bias by both the left and the right, I think its doing a fucking good job at being impartial. The BBC is pretty much the most unbiassed media reporting you'll find. Its not perfect, but it walks a good path most of the time.