Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    if a person is sexually penetrated without consent, but is not incapacitated and is not subjected to real or threatened force or violence, then the instance does not constitute sexual assault

How the fuck can someone get sexually penetrated, while not incapacitated, but not being subjected to or threatened by force or violence?
    By surprise? Like you bend over for soap and bam you're penetrated?
    Or by misinforming people and saying that your dick is a tampon or a vaginal suppository?

Seriously how can someone sexually assault someone without using or threatening with force and violence?
    Regret sex..........it's a hookup till they think about it and feel bad about having sex then it's rape after they think about it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This isn't sufficient to define rape. Under your definition, a random grope on a train is rape.

Rape = penetration after consent has been explicitly withdrawn.
    So if a rapist holds a woman's mouth shut or knocks her unconscious its not rape?

Stanford is a serious school where students go knowing they have a good chance to become rich when they graduate. It's not a party school like UC Davis which is only a hundred or two miles away.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So if a rapist holds a woman's mouth shut or knocks her unconscious its not rape?

Apparently I couldn't assume the unstated premise that the individual must have the ability to withdraw consent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

holding a woman's mouth + penis in vagina = attempt of murder by suffocation + rape
    holding a woman's mouth + no penis in vagina = attempt of murder by suffocation
    Knock unconsious + penis in vagina = battery + rape
    knock unconsious + no penis in vagina = battery

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    holding a woman's mouth + penis in vagina = attempt of murder by suffocation + rape
    Apparently you didn't get the point of that post.

Nor the meaning of:

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    ... digital penetration
    That sounded kinda freaky and I had to think for a while before I realized that it wasn't 0:s and 1:s but fingers ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to respond, and then I realized the OP didn't cite where he got this article from.

Since all news is politicized today, I can't fairly comment without knowing who's behind this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    I honestly can't be entirely sure if you're serious or not here

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    If your study falls short of expectations, tweak the variables until you get the desired result. This is how new science works!
    pretty much this, it's rather sad that almost no one questions how the data was gathered or the parameters for the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    It's possible there's something wrong with their method of gathering statistics. This is actually pretty likely. They're probably using a "whoever responds" method of surveying instead of something more scientific.

It's also possible that rape statistics have been blown wildly out of proportion due to the broadening of the definition of rape.
    Yeah, and I'm not seeing a category for 20 minutes of action.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Yeah, and I'm not seeing a category for 20 minutes of action.
    Nor one for a mattress

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This rape on campuses problem went from something concerning to becoming a witch hunt very quickly.
    There's no end in sight when so-called "good" or "progressive" people are looking for excuses to vent their own inherent evil lying under the surface, even via false accusations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read the thread title and thought they were complaining there aren't enough rapes going on 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's activism for you. Run out of actual demons to fight? Craft new ones.
    War on Christmas and persecution of Christians in the US! Gets more ridiculous every year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Just read the thread title and thought they were complaining there aren't enough rapes going on 0.o
    That kind of is what they're complaining about

There's not as many rapes as there should be according to feminism

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you believe firmly that the world is awash in rape, and horrible things, and you are faced with direct evidence otherwise, you are either wrong or you are not looking hard enough. I guess the decision is "We aren't looking hard enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

That's it higher education, keep discrediting yourself. Go on. It's amusing to watch and amusing to fight from the outside.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Wait wait, so let's say surprise buttsex can be considered "sexual misconduct"? Like for ex you're on it and you slip it in the wrong hole, at the same time ignoring her complaints, while in the end apologising like a pro, determining her to apologise for yelling too hard.

It is worth looking into to see why the deviation is there. And I'm not saying their numbers are wrong. It does seem the issue lies in the what each university classifies as sexual assault. Best solution to get a clear result would be to create a universal standard for these polls. Really get into the nitty gritty about what classifies as sexual assault, what different classifications of sexual assault might be needed, etc.