Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Now THIS is an epic promo pic.
    I wish they used this kind of posters before, instead of the SinCity "orc aggro" things

Indeed, this looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    One of my friends said that the movie was terrible because of lore issues.

I found that these changes are actually pretty good, at least for a movie adaptation. I don't care if they change the lore to make it more cinematic.
    Changing things can indeed be a problem for some. They enjoyed the story that hooked them. Game to movies seem to have a major problem with doing that. Books to movies do as well but to a lesser extent. I've noticed that when they stick more to the story, it's overall better liked. Start changing things way to much from the story people enjoyed and it's less liked. All to different degrees of course.

Changing it because, "oh shit it's a movie. Lets do it because it looks cool." isn't always a great selling point when you already know how it was suppose to be. You read it all the time on how things get changed and you have to ask yourself, "did that really need to be changed simply because this is a movie?"

Most of the times I think that answer is no. It didn't need to change or be adjust but they did it anyway hoping you will like it anyway. It's a fine line to walk. I definitely can't say I always like it. I've disliked them making that move more times than I have liked it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Is that still Travis Fimmel :O

That poster actually looks really Warcraft-y

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    So what are they gonna do with the 40 minutes? Cause if it's going into the DC, they still have to polish it anyways. So in the end you still pay for it, so why not put it in the movie unless someone just straight up hated it, or wanted a shorter run time?

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just saying that if you are gonna release it anyway, why cut it from the movie just so you can make 2 hours? If the film was 3+ hours is buy that. But 2.40 total time is not an issue and I think the cutting hurt the film a lot more than it helped.
    They're never going to release the DC unless it results in more profit for them. If they see the movie did well and the demand for a DC is justifiable, they'll greenlight it. So until that they're not going to spend even more money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    First time I hear something like that.
    I havent seen anyone doing that and I find it amusing since it requires wquite the lack of self awareness to believe it.
    How can it be the first time you hear about it? There's a whole South Park episode literally showcasing this phenomenon. South Park is a parody but it portrays what a majority of people think about WoW players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I wouldn't be entirely too surprised if Lesane is from America. Such a view on WoW would kind of explain why it's doing so badly there.

Of course, my argument is moot if either he's not in America or if you are there.
    I'm from the Netherlands. I'm pretty sure the only countries in the west where WoW might've been somewhat socially acceptable are the Scandinavian ones. America might be the worst offender, but it's definitely not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    With China's 30% cinema growth in mind wouldnt that factor into the likeliness of a warcraft sequal happening? Especially considering its popularity there?
    That's what I've been saying but considering the monstrous drop in popularity the movie had even in China, even that isn't a lot to hold on to anymore if you ask me. The movie went from $400 million BO predictions to barely making $200 million in the predictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I'm from the Netherlands. I'm pretty sure the only countries in the west where WoW might've been somewhat socially acceptable are the Scandinavian ones. America might be the worst offender, but it's definitely not the only one.
    Not sure whether you'd count Croatia as the west, or if it's indicative of anything, but I can definitely say no one has ever had anything against WoW here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Or are people after the story? Because they did really well recreating that in a movie
    They did a good job, yes. The thing is, lots of people fell in love with Warcraft when Warcraft III came out. And they fell in love with it simply because of the richness of the story. The Warcraft I story is sort of one-dimensional. It follows a single war in a very confined space. Warcraft II does a lot to expand on that, but Warcraft III opens up whole new worlds and perspectives. It mixes up elements no one would have attempted to mix in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post

How can it be the first time you hear about it? There's a whole South Park episode literally showcasing this phenomenon. South Park is a parody but it portrays what a majority of people think about WoW players.

I don't watch south park.
    Also I said that it is the first time I hear gamers call other gamers "nerds" for playing games and that is what I call weird.

Not games being considered nerdy by putsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Changing things can indeed be a problem for some. They enjoyed the story that hooked them. Game to movies seem to have a major problem with doing that. Books to movies do as well but to a lesser extent. I've noticed that when they stick more to the story, it's overall better liked. Start changing things way to much from the story people enjoyed and it's less liked. All to different degrees of course.

Changing it because, "oh shit it's a movie. Lets do it because it looks cool." isn't always a great selling point when you already know how it was suppose to be. You read it all the time on how things get changed and you have to ask yourself, "did that really need to be changed simply because this is a movie?"

Most of the times I think that answer is no. It didn't need to change or be adjust but they did it anyway hoping you will like it anyway. It's a fine line to walk. I definitely can't say I always like it. I've disliked them making that move more times than I have liked it.
    The only thing I can come up with right now that was changed simply because it would 'cooler' was Dalaran floating. Pretty much everything else seemed like it was to get a more streamlined and coherent storyline for a 2 hour+ movie. I could very well have missed some other little things, if so feel free to mention them. Also, I'm unsure of whether or not you're trying to argue otherwise, so I'm not trying to say you are.

Deleted
    Was i the only one laughing hysterically when Lothar does a Rock Slide and castrates Blackhand .

That was both funny and amazing at the same time. I loved it in every level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92BLE6dLLg&t=4m7s.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-06-17 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Was i the only one laughing hysterically when Lothar does a Rock Slide and castrates Blackhand .

That was both funny and amazing at the same time. I loved it in every level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92BLE6dLLg&t=4m7s.
    I thought it was terrible as he began the slide so early it was basically telegraphed what he was doing. So unless Blackhand was literally a retard he could have handled it correctly.

Its like someone in baseball sliding to a base at the halfway point.

He should have slid at the very last moment before impact. It just looks absolutely terrible the way they did it. Don't get me started on the physics of him sliding 20 feet... on his knees. Sure its a fantasy movie, but come on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I thought it was terrible as he began the slide so early it was basically telegraphed what he was doing. So unless Blackhand was literally a retard he could have handled it correctly.

He should have slid at the very last moment before impact. It just looks absolutely terrible the way they did it. Don't get me started on the physics of him sliding 20 feet... on his knees. Sure its a fantasy movie, but come on.
    Or maybe his momentum was too much for him to stop?

It's probably less than half a second and definitely not 20 feet. But hey what would the internet be without exaggeration . . .

seeing as blackhand could have easily countered it. it almost seemed like blackhand wanted to die.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

You guys really think you can just stop moving forward or change direction instantly when you've built up that amount of momentum as a creature that large? He actually tries to swing at Lothar as he drops for the slide. I think it looked fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    seeing as blackhand could have easily countered it. it almost seemed like blackhand wanted to die.
    Maybe the fel transformed him into a big dumb brute? He seemed to think tactically at first whereas he just used brute force after he became infected....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    It's probably less than half a second and definitely not 20 feet. But hey what would the internet be without exaggeration . . .
    Even tho I found the movie "meh" and don't understand the overrating there seems to be on this forum, seeing arguments about "failed physics" when you are in an invented universe tends to make me laugh a lot.

The planet isn't even earth, why would you think our physics apply to them?

Because it has humans in it. That means there are Earth-like Sun, magnetic field, air composition, gravity, day/night cycles, seasons, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Because it has humans in it. That means there are Earth-like Sun, magnetic field, air composition, gravity, day/night cycles, seasons, etc.
    It also has 2 moons, and he didn't slide that much even, Blackhand more like ran over him ...

I saw it last night, and my only real complaint was the stuff with alodi. It honestly just seemed out of place and unnecessary. Other than that i really liked it. I kind of wish the blackhand vs lothar fight had of lasted another 30 seconds or so at least but meh. I really liked Durotan and i wish we got to see more of him, same with Orgrim. Guldan was pretty much perfect. I liked khadgar a lot more than i thought i would, garona too. The first 20-30 mins jumped around a lot but i think that would be better if they release a directors cut. Hope to see a sequel.

Yeah the Alodi stuff was off, not so much her message to him just the character, Alodi was the first Guardian but he was a half elf male, they seemed to have combined him with Aegwinn, Medivh's mother which I don't really see the logic behind.