Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Wait wait, so let's say surprise buttsex can be considered "sexual misconduct"? Like for ex you're on it and you slip it in the wrong hole, at the same time ignoring her complaints, while in the end apologising like a pro, determining her to apologise for yelling too hard.
    What are you trying to say here?

Also because people keep making up definitions on top of their heads, one of the more universal ones can be found on Wikipedia and stems from the FBI which, given the different local definitions, is probably the closest one you will get for the of the US in general and is probably the least femifacist colored one out there.
    "Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States

Everything else falls under sexual assault. Google at your leisure to find the definition on your own.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-06-17 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you saying Tumblr lied to me?! that can´t be!
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    That kind of is what they're complaining about

There's not as many rapes as there should be according to feminism
    Well, wasn't it about "sexual assault" in general, and not just rape, when refering to 25%? Which is a quite important detail.
    In addition the definition of Stanford dismisses all claims, where the victim did not resist, or the preperator simply ignored a "no" if no forcefully reaction occured... for what ever reason.

That guy from Steven Svoboda doesn't help either by saying for example"disagreements between partners". He essentially says, martial rape doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Pretty sure that's called selection bias, which sort of defeats the purpose of a study.
    But it's more fun to call it "science" and smear all science with it instead of making a measured criticism of one study. /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Regret sex..........it's a hookup till they think about it and feel bad about having sex then it's rape after they think about it.
    Why is anyone feeling bad about having sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Why is anyone feeling bad about having sex?
    Because once the sexual excitement subsides and your hormones level out some realize their choices during the previous night might have been on the less desirable side when put under scrutiny by ones social circle and their evaluation of ones decisions. See also: "to save face".

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Because once the sexual excitement subsides and your hormones level out some realize their choices during the previous night might have been on the less desirable side when put under scrutiny by ones social circle and their evaluation of ones decisions. See also: "to save face".
    It is completely foreign to me to give a fuck what my social circle thinks. If I ever hooked up with someone that my friends thought was a bad decision I told them to fuck off. And this happened on more than 1 occasion. Even drunk out of my head, I still consider myself the author of my thoughts and desires (Yes, I realize you can't legally give consent in that state. I'm just speaking of my own moral code here.)

If you're full blackout or unconscious, obviously there's a case to be made there, but outside of that, seems exceptionally silly to regret anything you decided to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Wait wait, so let's say surprise buttsex can be considered "sexual misconduct"? Like for ex you're on it and you slip it in the wrong hole, at the same time ignoring her complaints, while in the end apologising like a pro, determining her to apologise for yelling too hard.
    I'm struggling to actually fully understand this sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I'm struggling to actually fully understand this sentence
    Hazarding a guess he has never given or received anal sex. It doesn't just "slip in"

New rule. If you are ever uncomfortable being around someone. It's rape.

Oh, those people who were actually raped? They don't matter.

I think perhaps the professional community should first agree unanimously what exactly constitutes rape before moving forward with more studies attempting to measure it.

Because over the last decade or so the term has gone from "forced penetration without consent" to pretty much any form sexual assault, sexual misconduct, creeper-behavior, or situation involving sex that was sketchy. (drunk, high, bipolar on a "manic day", etc.)

Scientific studies require unambiguous terminology in order to achieve accurate results. Muddying things with disparate and non-uniform definitions will only work counter to the goal of understanding and reducing sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Have you ever had any kind of sexual activities which you did not consent to: yes or no.
    That sort of question is sort of too vague, even for a yes-or-no question;

I could technically answer 'yes' to it, since I've had a few of those "wake up next to an ugly person, with a hangover and little recollection of the night before" moments.

I don't remember consenting, because I don't remember most of what had led up to the intercourse. All I know is it happened and I regret it.

And you can be sure that each of the people being interviewed has their own personal definition for what constitutes nonconsentual sex. Being a brain in a body whose experiences are filtered through fallible sensory perception and cognition makes humans an unreliable eye-witness to their own activities. So researchers need to devise questions which are the least likely to result in false positives due to confusion, ambiguity, or outright falsification.

The question should be something along the lines of: "Have you ever been [Insert scientifically-universal definition of rape]? If so, have you reported it to the police? If not, why not?"

That sort of question would get a baseline for how many people have, or believe they have, been raped for that area, and get accounts which could be cross-referenced with existing police investigations to verify their authenticity and accuracy.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2016-06-20 at 05:21 PM.
    ~RAWR!

This reminds me of the stats that state 90% of sexual assault is unreported... How could you possibly know? I mean we live in a world where some people think you can cry rape months after you gave permission... cus apparently, according to some, permission can be retracted post event (hint, it can't)
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Seems odd that non-consensual sex isn't regarded as rape. Maybe that's why the stats are low.
    Because if a woman who is capable of expressing herself, as in capable of independent action - is having sex with someone, absent her in any way whatsoever expressing her lack of consent - There is no rape.
    That's actually a fucking part of the crime - the defendant must be shown to either know, or not care, or that a reasonable person would know or care, that the woman was not consenting.
    If we had mind reading technology, we would acquit a man who - reasonably - believed she consented to sex even if she most stridently thinks she was raped.
    Its called Mens rea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Fuck that! Make it 10 in in 1 women must be victim!
    Have you looked at tuition lately? I'd say that they're all getting raped at least 200 in 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, maybe Stanford can be the new Mizu. Might want to pick a school that will be in business in the next few years kiddos!
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-06-20 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'd prefer to see the statistics on sexual assault including rape as opposed to solely acts of rape - which strikes me as akin to a statistical analysis of on-campus theft that ignores anything below a $10,000 threshold. The numbers on rape as legally defined are probably correct, but they also don't tell the entirety of the story in all likelihood.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd prefer to see the statistics on sexual assault including rape as opposed to solely acts of rape - which strikes me as akin to a statistical analysis of on-campus theft that ignores anything below a $10,000 threshold. The numbers on rape as legally defined are probably correct, but they also don't tell the entirety of the story in all likelihood.
    Nah. I think it's more like reporting theft, vs reporting break-ins. The two often go hand in hand, but they are clearly different.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone order a fresh slice of rape?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Damn, now that I think about it; Finland's rape stats are too low when compared to Sweden, maybe we need to do something.
    You need to invade them and start raping their women, that way your stats will improve!

/S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Someone order a fresh slice of rape?
    I got a nice big glass of rape with a side of check your cis privilege.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you like some male gazers with that?

So are they going to go on raping spree to improve statistics now? O_o Too few rape victims! Let's make moar!

Stanford students and lecturers are mental...