Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really don't understand the hate for a queue, If you don't want to do it, then don't queue and find some people to go with. It happened with flight and I don't understand the mentality of "I don't like that you do that/enjoy that, Take it away". There is plenty of content that doesn't require queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    My apologies for saying people who queue don't understand MMOs, but these people trying to say I'm obnoxious for playing with my friends, guildies, and RL friends kinda have me on the defensive.
    Yeah, you poor thing. You're obnoxious because you called anyone with different preferences than your own dense, best avoided and people who shouldn't play this game in the first place. You got called out for being a toad and now you're crying about bad Mr. Pull My Finger who just made you be yourself. Don't blame me for acting like you do.

Sounds fair to me. I believe they've always tried to cater to both sides. Have they succeeded yet in my opinion? No. If they removed all queues except for PvP, my game experience wouldn't change one bit. Sitting in a garrison or city and clicking "Join Queue" does NOT sound fun to me.

It would end up like Wildstar, Hardcore "you can't queue and you have to do 50 attunements" content does not work now. It just doesn't and taking development time to create such a tiny niche would hurt the overall game.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Interact with other players? Sure!

Group/Co-op with those random players? That isn't very cool for me. I mean, who are those people? Playing in groups is fun only if I know the group - my friends and family are cool groups to do stuff with. Randoms on a mmo-rpg? Cooperating with strategy with those people isn't optimal. Lessening such... boring cooperations is beneficial to me. For example, I have nothing against PvP wiith other randoms in a MMO - that's a cool interaction.
    What you're looking for is called a chat room. It's somewhere you can go and interact with people, but overall nothing you do matters. That's not an MMO.

MMO's are about a ton of players and finding good, quality players you enjoy playing with. If for you that's only family, so be it, but the rest of us shouldn't be punished with watered down versions of the game because you don't want to take the time and effort to find someone outside of your little group in which you feel confident in their abilities.

Back in the Vanilla and TBC, you actually had to sit there and make groups. In that time though, you found a ton of people that you enjoyed, and could make long lasting friendships with them. You could weed out those that weren't so good, and you didn't have to group with them further. Finding a great group or a great guild was a reward all its own.

Frankly, I agree with the poster above that said "Rip the band aid off and just accept it" because that's what Blizzard needs to do. LFR and LFD need to vanish. Community needs to return, and it can't with that inferior system in place. Without making it so communication, even a basic level of it, matter, the entire game is nothing but a watered down shell the level of any generic Facebook level game where being in a group and talking has no meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    This dude needs to get banned. Literally contributing nothing to the thread, just flaming his ego and acting like an internet badass. Probably gets his lunch money taken everyday at school. Acts like he's doing himself a favor by not having to play with us, but he's actually doing the rest of us a favor.
    Ehh its okay, it doesn't bother me that he feels the need to result to personal insults. It just highlights the fact that he cant answer the question and provides dodgy at best responses laden with insults, and dripping with irony.

The thing I lol'ed the most about his post is: "Why would I have to make some strange exercise of manually forming groups?" and "That's why you have to turn your game time into a ridiculous ritual and a group therapy session with select individuals."

It perfectly demonstrates the facebook era attitude of kids who want everything given to them. Kids who want what everyone else has, and unless they get it, they will cry like a little baby in the corner until mommy and daddy give them what they want.

The idea that *GASP* one must "manually" form groups to do group content! Oh the mutiny! Textbook definition of anti-social with his little remark of "turn your game time into a.. ritual and a group therapy session with select individuals."

I got a newsflash for him, its called: playing a game with other people. Yep, more news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It would end up like Wildstar, Hardcore "you can't queue and you have to do 50 attunements" content does not work now. It just doesn't and taking development time to create such a tiny niche would hurt the overall game.
    Everquest still has all that. Why don't people who like that kind of stuff go there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    What you're looking for is called a chat room. It's somewhere you can go and interact with people, but overall nothing you do matters. That's not an MMO.

MMO's are about a ton of players and finding good, quality players you enjoy playing with. If for you that's only family, so be it, but the rest of us shouldn't be punished with watered down versions of the game because you don't want to take the time and effort to find someone outside of your little group in which you feel confident in their abilities.

Back in the Vanilla and TBC, you actually had to sit there and make groups. In that time though, you found a ton of people that you enjoyed, and could make long lasting friendships with them. You could weed out those that weren't so good, and you didn't have to group with them further. Finding a great group or a great guild was a reward all its own.

Frankly, I agree with the poster above that said "Rip the band aid off and just accept it" because that's what Blizzard needs to do. LFR and LFD need to vanish. Community needs to return, and it can't with that inferior system in place. Without making it so communication, even a basic level of it, matter, the entire game is nothing but a watered down shell the level of any generic Facebook level game where being in a group and talking has no meaning.

"rip the band aid off" is tantamount to suicide for WoW. LFR was great in Mists, its offered enough reward and challenge to propel me into flex and then eventually normal and even heroic. It seems people are just selfish, they don't want anything but a timesink to finding groups. If you want more communication then talk to the people you group with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Everquest still has all that. Why don't people who like that kind of stuff go there?
    I'm fine with that but I do understand that people love WoW and its lore and the world. Its harder to expect them to move over to a very different game but at the same time you have to deal with people wanting the removal of features a lot of people like. I also would like to note that Wildstar toned down its stupidly time consuming attunements and it turns out that its a blast to play, I would really recommend it.

So the bad players got "weeded out" and ignored. So people like that would never be given the chance to improve and content was denied to them in the expansion forevermore because of a reputation.

Not even just the bad players. Even the good ones that weren't as socially adept or charismatic, unable to land a spot in the "cool kids club" could fall into that trap. I was there, I remember what it was like.

That system sucked. That's why I much prefer the way things are nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I got a newsflash for him, its called: playing a game with other people. Yep, more news at 11.
    Yep. With perfectly normal people like 90% of all players one encounters in a standard dungeon queue. Rarely any trouble, no crappy attitudes, often also in a light-hearted and friendly manner and without any glaring performance problems that you seem to struggle with so much. Might just have to do with the fact that you can't pull your own weight without 4 other people playing way over max. The only people that conveniently get cut out of the equation are compulsive blamers and squabblers of your kind. Dungeon finder rocks! Nobody has a problem with it but you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    I participate in friend & guild activities, and I love to queue, because I don't have to meet some raid leader's arbitrary (and most of the time outrageous) standards. I get in 100% of the time, don't get "rejected" when I apply to a group, and don't have to put up with someone's over-inflated ego.

Organized activities outside of queue-able content, I only do with guild mates and friends. People using the Group Finder tool (and to a lesser extent OpenRaid) tend to want inflated item levels, and achievements for the content they are doing. Learning/progression groups that will take players learning the content are few and far between. So, it's simply not worth it.

Also, queuing is available at all hours every day, not so much with organized groups.

There should be both, as there are uses for both.
    Learning/progression groups are the ones that are not worth it- not high item level required and achievement ones. The point of pugs is to get in, get what you need, and get out and not to teach some noobs how to do content that was out close to a year ago. So fed up with do-gooders like yourself in the community. Also, your quote is retarded. It's not about "self-worth". It's about not wasting my time at the expense of noob idiots who don't know A from B.

Personally I feel the queue system kind of ruined world of warcraft. With BG's its a different story of course, but with dungeons and raids.... queueing is just an awful system to have. And yes, it probably did help out anti social people or people who rarely play the game, but it came at the expense of everyone else. It pretty much set up a system where people hate to socialize and just want to run EZ mode dungeons as fast as possible. Because of this, people can afk as well, a system which has always been frowned upon.

Because almost everything is queueable, players have no incentive to communicate and try to make friends or anything. Because of that effect, a worse effect arrived in the form of most of the content in the game being extremely easy (so players won't feel frustrated by having to talk to others). Besides all of the epic stuff in wow, one of the best things about it was the social experience.... at least for a point in time. At this point I'm not even sure if it's worth trying to bring back, as any sort of change would probably just piss off the new players that filled the void of old school MMO fans that have left wow. The problem now is even the guy's who wanted everything queueable and easier are leaving in droves though too, probably because even they find it boring now.

Oh yeah, and LFR and LFD is more of a scourge to Azeroth than the Scourge itself.

Because that's how WoW started. If you came after Vanilla or BC, it's understandable that you don't know that. The type of people who prefer traditional grouping were here first. Not saying that to be childish, but it's true, we were. You bunch who enjoy queue'ing only came much, much later. So to your point, it is your type who should find a different game, honestly. What makes you think we should find something else? We just like the way the game was originally set up.
    Well y'know times change and all. Also by the time group finder was out wow was peaking at 10 million at least. So people have adapted or left. Although I highly doubt the group finder tools alone are the sole reason for it's recent decline.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. MMO's are about a ton of players in a virtual reality. The levels of interaction may vary. Chat rooms has conversations, but that's not enough. WoW makes challenges, and CAN create bounds with new friends for you.

The rest of us aren't being punished with watered down versions of the game since all that stuff is optional - why would a person who dislikes LFR queue for it, for example? It would be illogical. WoW is a good game because it allows you to queue and minimize that interaction for those who don't want it. The people who use the "X Finder" mechanics shouldn't be punished with forced, unnecessary interactions in the game because you don't want to respect the different facets of the playerbase.

...Or remove LFD/LFR, in the hopes that somehow the people who stopped playing would come back for, ehr, community. Keep in mind that LFD/LFR was a very requested freature because people got tired of searching people in General Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    LFD and LFR (obviously) should finally be removed.

Use the groupfinder, talk to people, make friends, have a good time and play the game it's meant to be played.
    According to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by nofuku View Post
    Learning/progression groups are the ones that are not worth it- not high item level required and achievement ones. The point of pugs is to get in, get what you need, and get out and not to teach some noobs how to do content that was out close to a year ago. So fed up with do-gooders like yourself in the community. Also, your quote is retarded. It's not about "self-worth". It's about not wasting my time at the expense of noob idiots who don't know A from B.
    We were all new once. If we're not willing to be kind and teach the newcomers, they will leave, and the game will stagnate and die.

No one's asking you to be a full-blown mentor. Just a little patience where it's needed and a tip here and then is enough. People want "community" back. This is how you do "community".

Because that's how WoW started. If you came after Vanilla or BC, it's understandable that you don't know that. The type of people who prefer traditional grouping were here first. Not saying that to be childish, but it's true, we were. You bunch who enjoy queue'ing only came much, much later. So to your point, it is your type who should find a different game, honestly. What makes you think we should find something else? We just like the way the game was originally set up.
    I've been playing MMOs since Everquest, and was definitely around since Vanilla. I remember what it used to be like perfectly, and I still think being able to queue for content is an improvement. Better than sitting around in cities spamming for groups for hours on end, at least.

This attitude that, "If I'm bad at World of Warcraft, Blizzard should make it easier for me." is not something to be proud of. If I try out for the football team and I'm slow or a I can't tackle for shit, I don't expect the game to change just for me because I can't play it optimally. While this isn't the best analogy, that's how some of you who advocate the queue system come off. I've seen numerous people say, "So I don't get judged." or "So I don't have to suck up to the leader." or "I was bad so I got removed and replaced." If that's your constant experience in this game, especially in groups, you may want to consider that this game MAY not be for you.

This mentality that you can whine loud enough to get your way is something a baby would do. It's not a position that's respectable. Do I understand why Blizzard condones it? Yes, it's the money. They equate losing 100 faithful, raider-type players to be an acceptable loss if they can gain 1,000 scrubs out of their gameplay changes. That's a business model and it makes sense from a financial point. Also it makes sense that your friends aren't on all the time, I get that, too. Queues are handy in that situation, but not necessary. That's not sufficient reason, I believe.
    Nobody asked for the tools because of their skill level. People wanted easier ways to do group content instead of spamming LFM in trade for ages. ICC dungeons were actually quite hard on heroic until you outgeared it. So were the Zul revamps originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    We were all new once. If we're not willing to be kind and teach the newcomers, they will leave, and the game will stagnate and die.

No one's asking you to be a full-blown mentor. Just a little patience where it's needed and a tip here and then is enough. People want "community" back. This is how you do "community".

This game will never die so long as it's populated by the easily entertained. At this point in time, this is the demographic of people who farm strictly LFR:

Farm BiS LFR chance

Park toon

Repeat for 9 other toons

Log off

Next week: the cycle continues... till the next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Yep. With perfectly normal people like 90% of all players one encounters in a standard dungeon queue. Rarely any trouble, no crappy attitudes, often also in a light-hearted and friendly manner and without any glaring performance problems that you seem to struggle with so much. Might just have to do with the fact that you can't pull your own weight without 4 other people playing way over max. The only people that conveniently get cut out of the equation are compulsive blamers and squabblers of your kind. Dungeon finder rocks! Nobody has a problem with it but you.
    I realize at this point i'm replying to blatant trolling, but thats okay, as I said before I have nothing against a queue system. I just have something against having ALL content queueable.

How about this, Blizzard creates content designed for a queue system, and they also create content not in a random queue system? Best of both worlds. Everyone's happy. Do you agree?

Those who want the convenience of clicking a button, being anti-social to get loot can, those who want to be rewarded for putting in more effort than just click a button can.