New healing class for long time Shaman player

Dear Shamans

I am a long time resto Shaman player. I played the shaman in classic as a twink and from then on as main. I always loved the shaman but am looking for something new. For legion I'm planing on playing an other healing class. Since I haven't played any of the other healing classes in the latest couple addons I wanted your opinions on which other class Is most fun to you, since i believe that long time shaman players like I am have the same preferences as I do. I'd love to try them all but sadly I won't have time to do so.
    Probably I should mention that I am mainly interested in pvp. I was thinking about playing a druid but I'd love to hear your opinions. Which is your favorite or second favorite (after shaman ) healing class.

Cheers
    Astrus

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it depends how you want to heal really. I find druids, paladins, and shamans to be the most fun healers.

Druids tie with paladin for me, because they are basically polar opposites and I find both styles very enjoyable. HoTs are incredibly fun if you enjoy micromanaging and pre-planning, If you know the content well enough your group will never drop below 75% except with huge burst AoEs. I haven't raided on a resto druid since WoTLK, so I can't comment on that.

Paladin is generally about tank healing with Beacon, I haven't tested it in Legion (numbers aren't final anyways) but Paladins have generally always been the kings of single target healing, but things like Holy Prism, Hammer of Light, and Light of Dawn allow you to do competent AoE when needed. Plus, Bubble hearth! =D Sadly I dont think the Dalaran HS works in combat, but the Garrison one does!

Shaman.... CHAIN HEAL! =D

Disc Priest looks really fun, but I haven't tested it personally. I always enjoy healing/DPS hybrids, and their mind control talent that makes their MC an actual pet is pretty crazy, I've seen disc priests wreck shit in 5 mans with a proper pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Druids tie with paladin for me, because they are basically polar opposites and I find both styles very enjoyable.
    That's about what i thought. And Shaman lays somewhere between these two poles in my opinion. You can take a hit but you can also run away and kite enemies. But I always enjoyed kiting enemies with ghost wolf and spirit walkers grace. That's how I got the idea of playing Druid. But I heard mistweaver has a similar playstyle too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrus View Post
    That's about what i thought. And Shaman lays somewhere between these two poles in my opinion. You can take a hit but you can also run away and kite enemies. But I always enjoyed kiting enemies with ghost wolf and spirit walkers grace. That's how I got the idea of playing Druid. But I heard mistweaver has a similar playstyle too
    Misweaver is pretty mobile, or was in WoD. I mained monk and played all 3 specs, but they're basically trashing the class in Legion so I'm dropping it. Not trashing as in it will be bad, but I really enjoyed the class and really dislike the redesigns they did, you may feel different since you haven't played WoD monks (assuming lol)

Deleted
    Dear Shamans

I am a long time resto Shaman player. I played the shaman in classic as a twink and from then on as main. I always loved the shaman but am looking for something new. For legion I'm planing on playing an other healing class. Since I haven't played any of the other healing classes in the latest couple addons I wanted your opinions on which other class Is most fun to you, since i believe that long time shaman players like I am have the same preferences as I do. I'd love to try them all but sadly I won't have time to do so.
    Probably I should mention that I am mainly interested in pvp. I was thinking about playing a druid but I'd love to hear your opinions. Which is your favorite or second favorite (after shaman ) healing class.

Cheers
    Astrus
    Hello my friend, and thank you for this relevant question

Resto shamans are as you say yourself extremely fun to play and OP.

For PvP

I can Suggest a Resto druid they are the most similar class to resto shaman, when it comes to aoe healing, and PvP duties.

Other than that a Holy Paladin is also extremely fun to play

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Shamans

Cheers
    Astrus
    Also i forgot to add, that should you want more specific questions, then please ask or send me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Stalliona View Post
    Hello my friend, and thank you for this relevant question

Resto shamans are as you say yourself extremely fun to play and OP.

For PvP

I can Suggest a Resto druid they are the most similar class to resto shaman, when it comes to aoe healing, and PvP duties.

Other than that a Holy Paladin is also extremely fun to play

- - - Updated - - -

Also i forgot to add, that should you want more specific questions, then please ask or send me a pm

Thanks for your input.
    Just found a lvl 85 druid on my account that I never really played. I'll level him to 100 now and if i don't like it I can still boost a paladin with my free legion boost

Deleted
    Thanks for your input.
    Just found a lvl 85 druid on my account that I never really played. I'll level him to 100 now and if i don't like it I can still boost a paladin with my free legion boost
    Awesome dude! sounds very very good Good Luck with the play and i hope that you find joy to play it even further and perhaps making it your new main :

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Misweaver is pretty mobile, or was in WoD. I mained monk and played all 3 specs, but they're basically trashing the class in Legion so I'm dropping it. Not trashing as in it will be bad, but I really enjoyed the class and really dislike the redesigns they did, you may feel different since you haven't played WoD monks (assuming lol)
    At least they are changing the MW mastery, so that's good

I would highly recommend trying a MW. Their kit in Legion is looking better than ever. They pump out really high HPS at the expense of all the utility a Resto Shaman has though

If you're looking to play a healer with better utility, then try Paladins or Disc Priests IMO

Dear Shamans

Cheers
    Astrus
    Well my pvp is way more casual than what I did raiding but from my experience monks are the closest you'll get to shaman. With the reworks their base mechanics will be even more similar. Granted the poop item makes everyone feel different so if you want a reason to stay there are a lot of changes so we'll be playing a lot differently. But if you are leaving Monks are basically becoming old school shamans with vivify for chain heal and rem for for riptide. You get more maneuverability than before but with the changes that's once again not quite so.

Later

In PvP I'd suggest a Resto Druid or Mistweaver Monk. I've enjoyed both of those healers very much in beta so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    In PvP I'd suggest a Resto Druid or Mistweaver Monk. I've enjoyed both of those healers very much in beta so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalliona View Post
    Awesome dude! sounds very very good Good Luck with the play and i hope that you find joy to play it even further and perhaps making it your new main :
    First of all thanks for all the opinions.
    Have my druid on 100 now, it's pretty fun but I'm still trying to get the hang of it I honestly don't really enjoy the feral spec. I'll probably test balance today. I mean It's manly the healing I'm interested in but I think one should be flexible

I might as well level a Mistweaver too, since I already have the leather Heirloom gear upgraded to 100.

Watched a couple Legion beta priest videos and they honestly looked pretty fun too.

Good thing I still have some time to figure it out
    Thanks Again

Have my druid on 100 now, it's pretty fun but I'm still trying to get the hang of it I honestly don't really enjoy the feral spec. I'll probably test balance today. I mean It's manly the healing I'm interested in but I think one should be flexible

I might as well level a Mistweaver too, since I already have the leather Heirloom gear upgraded to 100.

Watched a couple Legion beta priest videos and they honestly looked pretty fun too.

Thanks Again
    After reading your post again, I thought I should add that I'm also a long-time Resto Shaman player who is looking for a change of pace in Legion. I don't PvP any longer (though I used to do so a lot). Disc Priest was my favorite in PvP, closely followed by Holy Paladin. I didn't comment on Priest earlier because you seemed so interested in Druids - and Druid healers are in fact an excellent choice for Legion.

I've been in the Legion alpha/beta test since January and have focused on playing healers. In Legion PvP, I have mixed feelings about Disc and haven't tried Paladin yet. I agree that Feral isn't very enjoyable at the moment even though Druid healing is very good. Moonkin play is (for me) more enjoyable than it was in WoD, but still isn't something that really calls to me.

Personally I'm going to switch to Priest as my main in Legion because I love all three specs. Shadow is a very nice spec now - it started off a little rough, but the devs have made a lot of positive changes to it. The RP flavor of the class adds to the fun, and I love the fact that the artifact dagger randomly whispers evil/snarky comments to me. I would not play Shadow in its current incarnation in PvP, though. Critical spells are too easily interrupted - we're giving devs a lot of feedback about that, so hopefully adjustments are on the way.

Holy offers really powerful healing and smooth gameplay, and I will play Holy in both PvE and PvP. Discipline is an absolute blast. Though some people dislike the 'dps to heal' model, I personally like it a lot. I'm just not convinced it's what I want in PvP. In raiding I think it will be excellent for those times when you wish you could have a bit more healing for the group without compromising dps. I am keeping an open mind about its ultimate effectiveness, as I think there is a huge "learn to play" aspect of Disc, so the spec's full potential is yet to be seen. It's so much fun that I am willing to wait and see, and in the meantime I enjoy both Shadow and Holy, and find each to be very effective in its role.

Good luck in your explorations of the healing classes!

I'm not entirely sure but disc priest seems like it might be pretty OP for PVP. healing thru dps is just win/win

Deleted

Thanks Again
    I´m Glad to be of help my friend