Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Girl could be a witch and it wouldn't justify what they did
    What's wrong with being Wiccan?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

almost as bad as the knockout game

7+ Year Old Account
    I take it every mod just happens to be ignoring the race thread rule at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What's wrong with being Wiccan?
    your intentionally subversive pedantic dronery is showing

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly did it cost $3 million to treat for rope burns on the neck?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I take it every mod just happens to be ignoring the race thread rule at the moment.
    It's a white on black thread in america.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    the 20th century had a fair share of lynchings...and racially motivated crimes are still not uncommon even today.
    are you intentionally being vague?

So I hate to point out the obvious , but you being one of the only black people, went camping in the woods with a bunch of white people....in Waco, Texas. I'm not victim blaming but that sounds like utter lunacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    How exactly did it cost $3 million to treat for rope burns on the neck?
    Usually you start high so they can offer an out of court settlement for what you really intend to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    are you intentionally being vague?
    Do you want a full accounting of every lynching?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Do you look at a rope and immediately think noose?
    What other reason is there to tie a rope around a black person's neck? Fine it wasn't a noose. It was a leash. How is that any better? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Do you want a full accounting of every lynching?
    No but some numbers and perspective would help. I myself was honestly wondering if the ~3400 lynchings on blacks in ~100 years were enough to call them commonplace, as some feel they were (and ignoring the ~1300 lynchings of whites).

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It is fucked up that they were careless and somebody got hurt. But trying to spin this into a racial issue involving any sort of hanging intention is just plain ridiculous.
    How many white people have ropes "accidently" tied around their necks and pushed down to the ground? This absolutely is 100% without a doubt a racial issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Right now everything is he said she said. There's no proof one way or the other. It doesn't matter who made what claims.
    The injuries of this girl are evidence of a crime. This is in no way a "he said she said" situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Kids like to rope each other. Just children that age don't understand the consequence of their action until something really bad happens.
    No? Where are you people getting this bullshit from? No this is not common or normal behavior for children. Children this age are perfectly aware of what could happen by tying a rope around someone's neck and dragging them to the ground. The problem here isn't that they don't understand what they were doing but the fact they did know what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    No but some numbers and perspective would help. I myself was honestly wondering if the ~3400 lynchings on blacks in ~100 years were enough to call them commonplace, as some feel they were (and ignoring the ~1300 lynchings of whites).
    Nobody has said anything about them being commonplace. All I said is that it evokes that kind of imagery.

Shit, we had all kinds of violent games when I was in elementary school.
    Please name one game that involves tying ropes around the necks of others and dragging them around. I won't hold my breath.

That looked really painful. I hope the marks will fade away and that those responsible get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The thread itself isn't about race...it's about a family suing a school for negligence. There is merely a question as to whether or not the attack itself was racially motivated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No? Where are you people getting this bullshit from? No this is not common or normal behavior for children. Children this age are perfectly aware of what could happen by tying a rope around someone's neck and dragging them to the ground. The problem here isn't that they don't understand what they were doing but the fact they did know what they were doing.
    It is a common thing in rural areas, midwest and south. At least it was in the 80s and 90s. Also I think you give 12 year olds far to much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...school-lawsuit

Don't you hate when you get accidentally lynched?

The pictures are pretty bad, she could very well be physically scarred for life. She could easily have been killed, with that much pressure being put on the rope to make it cut and burn like that.

That's public schooling for ya, Yugi-boy.

7+ Year Old Account
    why is race or gender even mentioned in this? Seems pretty race bait to me

He said She said is not definitive evidence of anything. It also says in like the very next paragraph that “It sounds like he may have pushed on the back of her leg to make her leg buckle, which is something the kids sometimes do. Rarely is that done out of meanness but more out of a desire for sport.”
    No kids do not do this. Fucking stop it. It is disgusting how you and others are trying to shrug this off. Accident or not, racially motivated or not this incident is completely unacceptable and the school should be held accountable for it. Period. End of story.