Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no mana regen boost at lower levels as far as i'm aware unless they plan to put one in so no you can't spam endlessly since regen is fixed at all levels now, which is 4% max mana per 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2016-06-15 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeires View Post
    It is possible to level as shadow and "bank" the artifact power items for your holy weapon HOWEVER! this does not mean it is faster!

Leveling as shadow you will gain very little benifit from the artifact due to not investing any power into it (which is were all the bonus's come from) however by levelling as holy and immediatly investing your points and unlocked upgrades you also improve your damage, each unlock on holies weapon gives a 1% increase in damage and by level 110 you will typically have 14 unlocks (14% extra damage)

I leveled as holy 100-102 then tried shadow. The mobs barely died any faster but i had increased downtime due to not being able to pop a quick renew/serenity on myself while moving and had to resort to spamming 5-6 shadow mends to top myself off.

at 110 i was putting out 90k dps with a level 14 holy artifact, compared to 92k with a level 0 shadow artifact.

TLDR: You can level as shadow, it will be more fun but not faster. Leveling as holy is 100% viable and not a disadvantage (except in that the dps rotation is pretty dull)
    I think it will be worth it to level as shadow and use any AP on the shadow artifact until 106-108 and then put the rest in your Holy artifact. Your Holy is going to be weaker for a little bit but especially with the new curve it should catch up quickly and be 0 to 1 trait behind a full Holy strat.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I healed the first half of normal shadowmoon burial grounds on the ptr with a premade (gear would be considered crappy on live). I am not in beta. I didn't make proper mouseover macros. I didn't notice making a dent in my mana pool (and I had to do some serious flash heal spam at the tank at times and serenity basically on cooldown (using enlightenment, light of the naaru, and divinity). I didn't feel like I was in danger of losing the tank (one GS). I was mostly annoyed at the UI.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have experienced the same thing as Nzete. On the PTR, I was spamming Flash Heals like it was the only spell I had access to, and my mana was barely moving. I'm going to run my priest over to a training dummy and get her in combat to see how many she can spam, but right now, the mana seems pretty broken as it often is during a prepatch.

EDIT: 70 Flash Heals in 1 minute 40 seconds, approximately, before I went oom at a 680 ilvl.
    Last edited by MissAnonymous; 2016-06-15 at 08:54 PM.

You're not supposed to oom in a 1 minute fight even if you use the most expensive ability over and over. Mana regen is the exact same on lvl 100 as it is on lvl 110 there is no secret low level mana regen boost. Also 680 ilvl on a normal dungeon outgears said dungeon by almost 70 ilvls.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone new poster here. I just have some questions to ask the Beta players.

For prepatch what would be the better healer trinkets to use?
    For Legion has anyone done enchanting / tailoring to know what we should be using? (What enchants and if there is a limit on gear like in WoD)
    For Legion what trinkets should we look for to use / have in bags?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    I have experienced the same thing as Nzete. On the PTR, I was spamming Flash Heals like it was the only spell I had access to, and my mana was barely moving. I'm going to run my priest over to a training dummy and get her in combat to see how many she can spam, but right now, the mana seems pretty broken as it often is during a prepatch.

EDIT: 70 Flash Heals in 1 minute 40 seconds, approximately, before I went oom at a 680 ilvl.
    I think is more or less what happened on cataclysm. By that time our spells had a level attached to it, as you were leveling so would the skills. As you reached the max level your skills gainned a gigantic mana cost. I think the point with this is, you dont have mana problems while leveing to get the feeling of the new system, but by the time you reached max level, the game was on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    So how fast is leveling as a holy priest? I mean open world / questing content. Since it is part of leveling your artifact and i want to have my artifact as strong as possible early i NEED to level as holy and spam smite. Right?
    So how much longer do normal mobs live compared to a dps spec?
    I've only really had to do the smite spam when I'm single target'ing. Holy Nova seems to be pretty OP, so pulling packs and spamming it is pretty effective considering Serenity is also OP for survivability. I'm currently playing Holy to 110 because I don't see a reason not too.

What do you think about the stats priority?
    1) Mastery
    2) Crit
    3) Versatility
    4) Haste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    What do you think about the stats priority?
    1) Mastery
    2) Crit
    3) Versatility
    4) Haste
    This has been covered multiple times including being quoted slight further up on this exact page...

Quote Originally Posted by Teto View Post
    Hey everyone new poster here. I just have some questions to ask the Beta players.

For prepatch what would be the better healer trinkets to use?
    For Legion has anyone done enchanting / tailoring to know what we should be using? (What enchants and if there is a limit on gear like in WoD)
    For Legion what trinkets should we look for to use / have in bags?
    My priest is Enchanting/Tailoring on live and beta. Enchant wise you have secondary stats on rings, Primary stat on cloaks. Gathering enhancement on gloves, "Scavanging" on shoulders which sometimes gives little loot bags with quite alot of cloth in it (for a tailor anyway). and neck has an enchantment which can summon a mob.... havnt been able to test them yet as the legendary crafting materials are a nightmare to get atm.

Deleted
    I've hears somewhere that you'll need a gathering profession in order to get Bloods of Sargeras (main reagent for crafting) as they are BoP, so you can't sell/trade them.

Maybe we'll need to scrap either tailoring or enchanting in order to get herb/mining/skinning or else we won't be able to have great crafting gear/enchants

Anyone tested this on beta ?

Quote Originally Posted by Malfu View Post
    I've hears somewhere that you'll need a gathering profession in order to get Bloods of Sargeras (main reagent for crafting) as they are BoP, so you can't sell/trade them.
    I believe Blood of Sargeras can be obtained by Fishing.

You can get blood of sargeras without a gathering profession, they are rewarded from world quests quite frequently and they will be increasing the rate they are awarded even more.

I think Holy Word: Sanctify needs an animation. It is a new major spell which barely has a graphic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I think Holy Word: Sanctify needs an animation. It is a new major spell which barely has a graphic.
    Agreed, but for both Sanctify and Serenity. I don't have any hope that they will get any special treatment though.

Hello there!

I'm here on behalf of my particularly shy wife - She is hoping to play Holy in Legion but when confronted with the changes on the PTR, she didn't know where to start; it was all a little overwhelming for her. Could one of you kind folks possibly give me some basic guidelines I can pass along?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by SubtractionHD View Post
    Hello there!

I'm here on behalf of my particularly shy wife - She is hoping to play Holy in Legion but when confronted with the changes on the PTR, she didn't know where to start; it was all a little overwhelming for her. Could one of you kind folks possibly give me some basic guidelines I can pass along?

Thanks in advance!
    Compared to Live, Holy goes like this:

- Chakra is no longer there
    - Serendipity does not function like WoD (reducing Heal cast time), instead it became the new mechanic. This is tied to the 3 Holy Word spells
    - Holy Word Serenity: This is pretty much like the one in WoD in terms of token healing and the Renew refresh mechanic is part of the talent system
    - Holy Word Sanctify: This replaced Sanctuary and it is a targeted burst AoE heal
    - Holy Word Chastise: Same effect, higher damage, stun talent option

Instead of having spells tied to Chakras, you have these 3 Holy Words that scale with the effect of Serendipity which works as follows. Each whenever you cast Heal/Flash Heal, you reduce the cooldown of Serenity. When you cast Prayer of Healing/Mending, you reduce Sanctify cd. Same applies for dps spells that reduce Chastise cd.

tl;dr Chakra not there, Serendipity is the new core mechanic. Apologies if the guidelines are not perfectly clear, first time trying this.

Deleted
    Anyone tried Benediction (renew from pom) over CoH yesterday and got any logs maybe? Didnt wanna port to Dalaran between the tries and couldnt respec :/

edit: for the dragons

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Compared to Live, Holy goes like this:

- Chakra is no longer there
    - Serendipity does not function like WoD (reducing Heal cast time), instead it became the new mechanic. This is tied to the 3 Holy Word spells
    - Holy Word Serenity: This is pretty much like the one in WoD in terms of token healing and the Renew refresh mechanic is part of the talent system
    - Holy Word Sanctify: This replaced Sanctuary and it is a targeted burst AoE heal
    - Holy Word Chastise: Same effect, higher damage, stun talent option

Instead of having spells tied to Chakras, you have these 3 Holy Words that scale with the effect of Serendipity which works as follows. Each whenever you cast Heal/Flash Heal, you reduce the cooldown of Serenity. When you cast Prayer of Healing/Mending, you reduce Sanctify cd. Same applies for dps spells that reduce Chastise cd.

tl;dr Chakra not there, Serendipity is the new core mechanic. Apologies if the guidelines are not perfectly clear, first time trying this.
    Not only was your response well-constructed and informative, it was also very quick! Thanks!

The information you gave us has really helped her grasp the differences, since I've never played Holy I couldn't help (Always been a tank main for the tank husband + healer wife combo). Thank you so much!

Deleted
    So i done some of the raid testing last night, logs included here;

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9xo4v50agaopbv7e/

Now a few points. First there has been some sort of issue with my logs (or me doing the logs on beta?) so it just vomits out EVERYTHING and hasnt detected any actual boss attempts.

This is all mostly from the dragons encounter with like 3 <30 second pulls on the spider/bird chick.

On the dragons i was solo healing 1 tank while all my DPS went into the portal, so take that into account when looking at the logs.

Talents i was running were;
    Enlightenment
    Body and Mind
    Afterlife
    Symbol of Hope (never needed to be used on our attempts)
    Piety (waste since i mostly ended up tank healing)
    Divine Star
    Circle of Healing

Not the greatest talent choices but i didnt have tomes and wasnt ready to risk porting out and back in to buy some since the server was totally crazy.