Personally i'm just going Haste>Crit, everything else after that is meh, although mastery looks interesting.

Also did some testing with shadow crash. Due to the behavior of cascade and how it worked if you got a buff mid bounce, it wouldn't count said buff until after it hit. I tested it with Voidform but for shadow crash. It appears that shadow crash does not care when you activate Voidform, just as long as you do so before the hit. Also at 110, the highest non crit hit i saw from shadow crash was about 177k in 792 gear, almost double a mind blast.

Shadow Crash is legit on anything other than pure ST, but the CD is still overly long. It ought to scale with haste, or if it's going to be fixed I'd like it to be 20 seconds.

SC should be nerfed to what it was doing before and reduce its cd to like 8 sec

- - - Updated - - -

or better yet : SC should be baseline !!

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Haste is obviously the best primary stat by far but, between San'layn and Mass Hysteria, Mastery seems to be the best stat for me after Haste so far. Void Bolt, VT, and SW:P are often around 5% of my damage and the mastery is 2.5% damage per point of mastery (or 350 rating) to those.

On that subject, I am enjoying the fact that a damage over time spell (Vampiric Touch) is often my highest damage contribution. Once I actually have enough AP to also get the SW:P and VT buffing traits it should climb even higher.

Edit: This is with Twist of Fate, Soul Reaper, San'layn and LoTV.
    At level 110, for STM, with Mass Hysteria, Mastery is the best stat, point for point. Even better than Haste. For non-STM builds, Mastery is the worst stat, even on three targets. I'm unsure about level 100; I'm going to be testing in earnest over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Dots and voidbolt is like 60% of your damage.
    You need to factor out your mastery when making that analysis. If you're running 100% mastery, yes, your dots will take up a larger portion of your damage. That doesn't mean mastery is good.
    Last edited by Tanned; 2016-06-18 at 01:12 AM.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

This is kinda annoying. As wants you to go crit, general vf wants you to go haste, stm wants you to go mastery.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Looking at AS 33% crit 52% mastery and 18% haste. Thoes 3 did roughly 60% of the damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is annoying. I kinda see it as we're 1 spec and with these three different playstyles making it like its own subspec. But in the end is annoying as you'll have to collect so many different pieces.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    At level 110, for STM, with Mass Hysteria, Mastery is the best stat, point for point. Even better than Haste. For non-STM builds, Mastery is the worst stat, even on three targets. I'm unsure about level 100; I'm going to be testing in earnest over the next few weeks.

You need to factor out your mastery when making that analysis. If you're running 100% mastery, yes, your dots will take up a larger portion of your damage. That doesn't mean mastery is good.
    I think factoring it out entirely would be a mistake, seeing as you have 20% of it baseline. But even then, on my last fight against a purely ST boss, removing all of my mastery from gear (and keeping my baseline mastery) my dots + VB still accounted for 46.38% of my damage. This is with San'layn.

If every 350 mastery rating/1 mastery point increase my dots + VB damage by 2.5%, that's still a 1.16% damage increase per 350 rating. This'd seem to imply to me that, at least with San'layn, mastery is a good stat (but not as good as haste).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Looking at AS 33% crit 52% mastery and 18% haste. Thoes 3 did roughly 60% of the damage.
    Some logs would be helpful. How many targets? What talents? What level?

I'm just not seeing that proportion at that rating from my own tests. After the most recent nerfs, at level 110 on the PVP server I was seeing mastery affected damage at about 48% on two targets (with mastery factored out) and 30.52% for single target (with mastery factored out).

If every 350 mastery rating/1 mastery point increase my dots + VB damage by 2.5%, that's still a 1.16% damage increase per 350 rating. This'd seem to imply to me that, at least with San'layn, mastery is a good stat (but not as good as haste).
    First, that isn't how damage increases work. 350 rating isn't a 1.16% damage increase at all mastery levels. The more mastery you have, the less the relative increase is.

To use an easy example: if you do 100 damage, and you have no versatility and you gain 1% Versatility you will do 101 damage. If you do 100 damage and you have 50% versatility and you gain 1% Versatility you will do ~100.667 damage.

Suppose you do 100 damage and you only have 20% mastery. 48 points of damage comes from your dots. The other 52 points comes from your non-mastery sources. Now add 1% mastery. Is it accurate to say you do .48% more damage? No, it isn't. Under my example you would do 48.4 from dots or 100.4 damage.

I don't see how leaving base mastery in leads to an accurate read on the relative value of mastery to other stats. You're over-counting mastery.
    Last edited by Tanned; 2016-06-18 at 01:51 AM.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Dude, the amount of damage Shadow crash is rediculous. Sprieats always wanted burst aoe and it feels like they put it in this spell. HUGE amount of burst built in every 30 seconds.

I like to wait for VF to be up to use it but if i know the trash will die quick i just lob it. It takes chunks.

Just to put it in perspective, on the ptr my VB crits for 95k. My Shadow Crash Non-Crit hits for 160k. Yea.
    Only pvp gear and legendary ring @ itmlvl713

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    That makes me so happy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    Some logs would be helpful. How many targets? What talents? What level?

I'm just not seeing that proportion at that rating from my own tests. After the most recent nerfs, at level 110 on the PVP server I was seeing mastery affected damage at about 48% on two targets (with mastery factored out) and 30.52% for single target (with mastery factored out).
    Are you factoring it all out, or just factoring out the additional mastery from gear? The base 20% is always gonna be there, no reason not to include it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a late edit above which shows the math. Let me know if you disagree.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown

I don't inherently disagree with your math; the issue I have is that it's much easier to get 1% of mastery than it is to get 1% of crit. Critical strike takes 350 rating to get 1%, while 1% mastery only requires 140 rating.

If you do 100 damage and get 350 critical strike rating, you'll do 101 damage. If 48% of your damage is from DoTs/VB and you get 350 mastery rating, you'll do 101.2 damage. Now, obviously various talent choices will skew that, San'layn will up your VT damage or AS will increase the value of crit, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't inherently disagree with your math; the issue I have is that it's much easier to get 1% of mastery than it is to get 1% of crit. Critical strike takes 350 rating to get 1%, while 1% mastery only requires 140 rating.

If you do 100 damage and get 350 critical strike rating, you'll do 101 damage. If 48% of your damage is from DoTs/VB and you get 350 mastery rating, you'll do 101.2 damage. Now, obviously various talent choices will skew that, San'layn will up your VT damage or AS will increase the value of crit, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
    That's not right. First, as you are aware, at level 100, 110 crit gets you 1% crit and 110 Mastery gets you 2.5% mastery.

Second, you have 5% base crit (is Crit Suppression on bosses still a thing? If so then 2%). So if you're doing 100 damage with 5% then with 1% more crit you're really doing 100.95 expected damage. But that's not right either since Crit has kicker effects like Shadowy Apparitions. Maybe it's 101 damage, maybe it's more. Additionally, crits change the percent breakdown of your damage as well since more of your damage can come from Shadowy Apparitions and crits of those Shadowy Apparitions.

Third, if you go from 20% mastery to 22.5% mastery your damage from dots is 49. Meaning that you'd be doing 101 damage, not 101.2.

Last, the 48% number I've been working with has been supplied by you. But that just doesn't match what I'm seeing since our class got nerfed last tuning pass. The 48% number you came up with though doesn't actually match anything I've seen or done, even running the San'layn talent.
    Last edited by Tanned; 2016-06-18 at 02:34 AM.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown

Well, I don't know what to tell you there re: the damage breakdown. The only thought I have is that when Mind Blast and Void Bolt have a CD conflict, I always cast Void Bolt over Mind Blast. I don't think that would be pushing the damage spread that far, but I imagine every data point helps.

tried looking for other threads with this answer, but what does everyone seem to be going? (talents-wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaramisu View Post
    tried looking for other threads with this answer, but what does everyone seem to be going? (talents-wise)
    Usually I run TOF, B&S, RoS, , Shadowy Insight, Mindbender, and Legacy of the Void. Once i'm in raids, probably StM almost full time.

Guys I need help. I have no idea how to play the NEW Shadowpriest. It became too complicated and I am not doing the same damage I did pre patch.

This happens to be the character http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mails/advanced

I also have the Repudation of War Trinket and the Darkmoon Insignia Trinket.

I get the feeling that Shadow is kind of an underdog in terms numbers in the current tuning. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I get the feeling that Shadow is kind of an underdog in terms numbers in the current tuning. Am I wrong?
    I was hoping someone would have done some raid testing haha. I don't think anyone knows the answer to this yet.