Based on raid testing today ReM is ridiculously powerful and anywhere from 40-60% of our output. This easily makes RT the default talent in 9/10 situations. I think they need to shift some of that power into other parts of our toolkit. Also Revival is pathetic and was better used as a mass dispel on Dragons than an actual heal.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-06-18 at 12:56 AM.

Deleted
    Got some doubts, and I think Lifecocoon might be little to weak for the really hard mythic+. As its just gonna absorb 1 attack. Kinda would like the healing buff get splited from the absorb shield atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    You calm down. I wasn't being argumentative or angry. I was just asking you to clarify your post a bit more. Have we really reached the point where any post on a message board is automatically deemed as a passive aggressive cheap shot instead of actually to further the discussion?

Your definition of clunky is exactly why I asked for your clarification in the first place. I've heard numerous different definitions of it, and you never know which one someone is using. "Clunky" has just evolved into this catch-all term for "I dont like this" but the person who uses the word rarely, if ever, goes into any more detail than that. So to say anyone should know what it means, when people use it for all sorts of things, isn't the best approach.

Going forward, it would be appreciated if you could specify exactly what it is about a certain spell, mechanic, talent or playstyle you are addressing and what the issue is with it. It would be helpful in will lead to much better and higher-level discussions.
    idk why you're so serious about all this

all i said is its gonna take time to adapt myself to Rt gameplay, hence why i said it was clunky

like it's not a problem, at all, no need to say anything more here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Got some doubts, and I think Lifecocoon might be little to weak for the really hard mythic+. As its just gonna absorb 1 attack. Kinda would like the healing buff get splited from the absorb shield atm.
    that would make life cocoon extremely overpowered. By far the best tank cd.

The goal was to balance tank cds, randomly buffing them makes no sense.

Btw i'm very surprised that RT is topping the meters. Who could of guessed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Based on raid testing today ReM is ridiculously powerful and anywhere from 40-60% of our output. This easily makes RT the default talent in 9/10 situations. I think they need to shift some of that power into other parts of our toolkit. Also Revival is pathetic and was better used as a mass dispel on Dragons than an actual heal.
    It's only doing so much because EF wasn't being casted often. Once we do fights with heavy EF spam (krosus for example), ef>rem>gust should be what our breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    that would make life cocoon extremely overpowered. By far the best tank cd.

The goal was to balance tank cds, randomly buffing them makes no sense.

Btw i'm very surprised that RT is topping the meters. Who could of guessed

- - - Updated - - -

It's only doing so much because EF wasn't being casted often. Once we do fights with heavy EF spam (krosus for example), ef>rem>gust should be what our breakdown.
    Was definitely using EF quite a bit and ReM was still demolishing the breakdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Was definitely using EF quite a bit and ReM was still demolishing the breakdown.
    you have to factor in double mastery procs into the output.

Deleted
    Was monk fun to play ?
    Can someone explain the basic rotation, spell priorities plz ?
    I need to pick a healer for Legion and I am not sure which one. I do love current MW with 4P T18 though.

I did the intro quest on the beta when it first hit (with a 680 premade) and found it slow and painful because I was doing about 30k dps. I figured wait till character copies because my main is 730 and surely the dps would be higher.......... well, I don't get it because it wasn't at all. Unless they've ~nerfed~ the mistweaver damage since the start of the beta, 50 ilvl higher makes zero difference in dps. What the actual shit.

I knew people said it was bad, but what is blizzard thinking when they say leveling as mistweaver is viable? Are they smoking too much weed?
    Last edited by dasquee; 2016-06-18 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    idk why you're so serious about all this

all i said is its gonna take time to adapt myself to Rt gameplay, hence why i said it was clunky
    Because "clunky" is a terrible adjective. It doesn't actually describe the problem at all. IF it's going to take you long to adapt to it, describe why it will take you a while to adapt and what and why you need to get used it that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by dasquee View Post
    I did the intro quest on the beta when it first hit (with a 680 premade) and found it slow and painful because I was doing about 30k dps. I figured wait till character copies because my main is 730 and surely the dps would be higher.......... well, I don't get it because it wasn't at all. Unless they've ~nerfed~ the mistweaver damage since the start of the beta, 50 ilvl higher makes zero difference in dps. What the actual shit.

I knew people said it was bad, but what is blizzard thinking when they say leveling as mistweaver is viable? Are they smoking too much weed?
    I think monk got the shaft when it comes to healer leveling. Not so much because Mistweaver is so slow, but because WW is so good. I've leveled all the healers up to mid 100s (monk to 110) and MW/WW is the largest gap in performance, especially since WW doesn't suffer from the same downtime issues that Blizzard is using to say healer leveling is ok.

That being said, once you get points in the artifact it gets a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Because "clunky" is a terrible adjective. It doesn't actually describe the problem at all. IF it's going to take you long to adapt to it, describe why it will take you a while to adapt and what and why you need to get used it that aspect.
    ... because i am used to a gameplay that i am playing since monk's release pretty much?

why is that even a question

it's not a problem, it's normal to need time to get used to a different gameplay

Hello there,

Looking for some advice here, so I'll give a bit of background. My WoD healer is Disc; I've played it since WotLK and always had fun with it. The whole, 'dps to heal' thing just doesn't interest me, so I'm looking to switch. Holy Priest and Resto Druid are off the table since my group already has enough of those so I'm left considering the other options.

I generally prefer a smaller spell selection and don't like having a lot of long CDs to use (the ones with over a minute on their CD), and I don't like overly complex rotations if I can help it.

My first thought was my Holy Pally alt. They're pretty standard with their heals, and everything is fairly straightforward. The people on their forum say their heals are mostly fine, but there's a big concern their their lack of speed boosts and mobility are going to mean they often lag behind on Mythic+ speed runs, where time is of the essence. Their slowness also means it will be harder for me to handle movement mechanics as effectively as I was used to doing with my priest's old Power Word: Shield speed buff whenever I needed it. They also lack much in the way of instant-cast spells, so 'on-the-move' healing is difficult, and requires a degree of stutter-stepping to heal a moving group (further compacting their movement speed issues).

I have a Shaman healer alt but I don't really like them. I'm not saying they're bad, but they have far too many big CDs to manage and I am not good at using them properly (I'm either too conservative and worried about wasting them, to the point where I never use them, or I use them just whenever so that I'm at least getting something from them).

So I'm looking at maybe using my boost to 100 on a Monk, but I don't know anything about them. How many spells will they use in their 'bread and butter' healing? I'm looking at the list of spells they have and there are difference stances to use, there's Mana and there's Chi, and then there's Mana Chi, and it all looks a bit confusing, but I'm assuming once you understand it all, it's probably quite fluid.
    Also, how are Monks as far as movement speed? Do they have any short-CD speed boosts that you can use to handle those 'move now' mechanics? Something like a 50% movement speed boost for 5 seconds, on a 30 second CD? (as opposed to like a 200% boost on 2 min CD which, whilst great for the one time, isn't reliable for each time you need to move).

If someone could offer a bit of a breakdown on what spells will be used, how Chi is handled, whether those spells that do damage to heal are mandatory, what stances to use etc, it would really help me decide what to do here.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just noticed I was looking at the 'live' spells and talents etc, rather than the Beta ones. The Beta ones look a lot more streamlined, as I don't see and stances or Chi or anything. How many of my concerns are still an issue and how does a Legion Monk play in comparison to a WoD one?
    Last edited by Genzen Han; 2016-06-18 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    I just noticed I was looking at the 'live' spells and talents etc, rather than the Beta ones. The Beta ones look a lot more streamlined, as I don't see and stances or Chi or anything. How many of my concerns are still an issue and how does a Legion Monk play in comparison to a WoD one?
    I think your question is probably best for a separate thread. It would do no good trying to get used to monk on live now. I would just go straight to beta or ptr. A lot of the movement talents are the same. I think people are still trying to figure out what role we fill in Legion and it could change. Also, your questions are so general, I think you might be better off reading a couple class guides and watching a couple youtube vids on mistweaver. Then come to this forum with more direct, specific questions.

On a separate note: I am just trying to understand blizzards "thinking" here. If I have read it right, a couple reports say that our renewing mist is one of our biggest output heals in legion raid testing. The best way to maximize the use of ReM is with RT. However, RT requires us to be in melee range, but blizzard has taken our designation as melee away. I am sure there are some fights where we would somehow screw melee by bringing a ranged boss mechanic in and this would make RT a bad idea. Has anyone else tested this or run into it or thought about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    I think your question is probably best for a separate thread. It would do no good trying to get used to monk on live now. I would just go straight to beta or ptr. A lot of the movement talents are the same. I think people are still trying to figure out what role we fill in Legion and it could change. Also, your questions are so general, I think you might be better off reading a couple class guides and watching a couple youtube vids on mistweaver. Then come to this forum with more direct, specific questions.

On a separate note: I am just trying to understand blizzards "thinking" here. If I have read it right, a couple reports say that our renewing mist is one of our biggest output heals in legion raid testing. The best way to maximize the use of ReM is with RT. However, RT requires us to be in melee range, but blizzard has taken our designation as melee away. I am sure there are some fights where we would somehow screw melee by bringing a ranged boss mechanic in and this would make RT a bad idea. Has anyone else tested this or run into it or thought about it?
    I wouldn't even read a class guide at this point, unless maybe the Misty Teahouse. The toolkit has been radically simplified so there's only a few if's that depend on how good the spells end up being. Spending an hour tinkering on the PTR is really all you need.

Mistweaver and Holy Paladin are getting a pseudo-melee affiliation. You wont be targeted by things that will obliterate the raid instantly, but you will be targeted by things that will force you to remove yourself from melee for a time. [Source] Hopefully there aren't many fights that make fistweaving difficult, or RT efficiency goes down the drain.

If I have read it right, a couple reports say that our renewing mist is one of our biggest output heals in legion raid testing. The best way to maximize the use of ReM is with RT. However, RT requires us to be in melee range, but blizzard has taken our designation as melee away. I am sure there are some fights where we would somehow screw melee by bringing a ranged boss mechanic in and this would make RT a bad idea. Has anyone else tested this or run into it or thought about it?
    We're not a 100% fully ranged classed spec. We still have somewhat melee immunity, it's just no longer the large blanket it has that allows us to ignore 90% of all mechanics. If I remember right, Blizz is going about it on a mechanic-by-mechanic basis; they're also doing this semi-melee classing to Holy Paladins as well, since they have DPS moves in melee, and Blizz has said they want an emphasis on Healer DPS in downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like people missed the sigma post months ago about melee so I'll go dig it up

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742354476#12

So quick follow up question: Does that mean SotC overtakes Mist Wrap as the go-to level 45 talent? (for now) Right now, im playing with MW and RT on ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    So quick follow up question: Does that mean SotC overtakes Mist Wrap as the go-to level 45 talent? (for now) Right now, im playing with MW and RT on ptr.
    yes for a raid setting

in 5 mans nothing matches mist wrap

Deleted
    do we still have our " melee role " since we have some melee talent or are we now 100 % range ?

Quote Originally Posted by chubbys View Post
    do we still have our " melee role " since we have some melee talent or are we now 100 % range ?
    Literally go back 1 page and its all explained there...
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch