Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    You do know, that it takes over an year and millions of dollars to produce those 4 minute cinematics?

You want to wait 30 years for a movie? Be my guest.
    If it's as good as those cinematics, then yes I'd wait.

Also, how does Pixar and drewmworks do it so fast? Is it possible for Blizzard to learn how to do it fast too? Or is Blizzard to be forever an anomoly in order to fit your life insane belief ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If you thought the movie was that bad you went in with way too high of expectations.
    This is why I didn't go in at all.
    I don't expect it to be "must watch in theaters" quality.
    Thus I think I'll be pleasantly surprised when I pick it up from the rental sales bin and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    This is why I didn't go in at all.
    I don't expect it to be "must watch in theaters" quality.
    Thus I think I'll be pleasantly surprised when I pick it up from the rental sales bin and watch it.

Thats how I saw it too, On China release date they had a good quality Stream. I gotta admit when your not paying for the a movie it makea it alot better because your expectation is sooo low you didnt want to go watch it in theater, and it turn out good. But I gotta say if I had to pay for it I would of been disapointed. But I enjoy it because I know I didnt pay anything.

I mean there something that bug me (spoiler) Doomhammer not being the one to killed blackhand like in the game, or the horde being vicouis like they were in WC1. But I cant complain, I didnt pay for it.

So does it hit the 500 million break even that MMO CHAMPION link a few days ago? I hope so, because I wouldnt mine streaming in that quality day one again.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2016-06-17 at 06:23 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Worldwide: $311,691,525

Well, it's a critical flop, but not a flop at all.

But critics obviously killed the american box office, it was a mistake to do a delayed release.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    What a pile of shiet movie. I cringed all way long.

I feel so so bad for Travis Fimmel as i really enjoyed Vicking.

I hope he ll recover from this.
    You never have anything good to say so you don't really have any merit here. Maybe if you actually showed an unbiased opinion once in a while I'd take your thoughts into account but, no, just more biased speech.

I went into it not expecting much, especially with how much I adore this franchise's story. I was pleasantly surprised.

Wasn't an 8, 9, or 10 for sure. It was a solid 7. It was just a very enjoyable movie.

I got my critiques with certain stuff pertaining to editing, the direction of the story, and other little nitpicks, but it really wasn't as bad as the critics panned it to be.

I even brought one of my friends who was like "this is gonna be meh" and she's never played Warcraft previously. She loved it.

So yeah. Opinions are opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

There were parts I enjoyed but more parts that made me cringe. The visuals were nice but the pacing was way awkward. The whole thing felt like "hey let's go to Goldshire, yay we are in goldshire, let's go to karazhan, yay we are in karazhan". The characters relationships were very undeveloped most notably Lothar and Khadgar. We were just supposed to accept that Lothar was annoyed by him for almost no real reason. The end of the movie was some what redeeming but even then the final confrontation felt very anticlimactic.

So much though going into this movie, yet GOD AWFUL movies like Jurassic World and Snowpiercer get no thought at all put into the very terrible and nonsensical writing and VERY MEDIOCRE movies like The Force Awakens and Lord of the Rings get praised like they are cinematic masterpieces.

This was a high fantasy, fun summer movie based off a video game. I spent 7 bucks to see it and it lasted two hours. I was entertained. It won't and shouldn't win any Oscars (except for effects) and that's OK. This had FAR fewer issues than Force Awakens (that movie was a story-telling mess).

Critics band-wagoned this into a poor domestic debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Critics band-wagoned this into a poor domestic debut.
    Movie box office, at least in the US, can be predicted ahead of time with >90% accuracy using internet stats of various kinds. Google showed this. So, if critics know a movie is likely to perform poorly, they have incentive to down-review it so their review accuracy is maintained.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    What a pile of shiet movie. I cringed all way long.

I feel so so bad for Travis Fimmel as i really enjoyed Vicking.

I hope he ll recover from this.
    What, can you speak properly?

Deleted
    It's a flop looking only to US numbers. But looking at money made worldwide, it's nowhere near a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Movie box office, at least in the US, can be predicted ahead of time with >90% accuracy using internet stats of various kinds. Google showed this. So, if critics know a movie is likely to perform poorly, they have incentive to down-review it so their review accuracy is maintained.
    Makes sense! Sad. But makes sense.

The true travesty here is that people actually listen to critics' opinions when it comes to movies. Unless there was ONE specific critic that I knew had almost identical tastes as me, why would I care? Especially since most film critics have little to no training in film. It's an odd industry. That's like needing other people to let me know if I think my wife is hot or not. I can figure it out on my own (and she is :P).

I blame the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    It's a flop looking only to US numbers. But looking at money made worldwide, it's nowhere near a flop.
    A flop is where you lose money and I do not think Warcraft will lose money, but it has failed. I wonder if we are going to get a sequel because so many years of work to not get the big profit is a nono.

The fact that some people disliked the movie is irrelevant, the majority of consumers loved the movie. The ones that botherd to see it anyway. With critics bashing the movie so hard alot of people shyed out of seeing it. Personally I love the movie, the story was easy to follow to people who have never played Warcraft and the story was complicated enough to leave plenty of questions. The movie has not "Floped" yet it made 250M so far, and alot of people will see this movie again with friends and or go see it themselves again.

Warcraft needs to earn $450 million or more to break even according to The Hollywood Reporter. Easily done with the passing days and the DVD's Blu-Ray discs. Would you invest so much time and work to get little profit?

Maybe the added value is in the fact that the movie may bring a lot of players back to World of Warcraft. I'm not looking forward to legion but some fans might.
    Last edited by kamil84; 2016-06-18 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    A common complaint from non-fan critics that I find highly hypocritical, is that there are "Too many names" to keep track of.

What? Lets count them up: Khadgar, Medivh, Llane, Lothar, Gul'dan, Orgrim, Durotan, Blackhand, Garona, Draka. That's 10 total major named characters.

Is that a lot now? Because Star Wars The Force Awakens had way more: Poe, Finn, Rey, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Snoke, Dux, Phasma, Kaz Manada, Han, Leia, Chewie. That's 12 named major characters, and that's not even counting the three dozen minor ones that show up for a scene or two.

Another critically acclaimed movie, The Matrix had just as many: Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Smith, Dozer, Tank, Switch, Apoc, Mouse, Oracle. That's 10.

Another highly acclaimed movie, Lord of the Rings, for the sake of discussion lets just talk about the first one, Fellowship of the Ring. There's Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Gimli, Legolas, Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Elrond, Galadriel, Sauron, Saruman, and Gollum. That's FOURTEEN named major characters to keep track of. And not one person bitching about there being too many names.

What's the common denominator here? In neither of these movies did I ever hear anyone saying "man, that's a lot of names to remember, I keep forgetting who's who".

But then 8 out of 10 reviews from the Warcraft movie whine about there being too many names.

Hypocrite much?
    Not only that, but it gets compared too much with LotR and GoT. That's like comparing Batman with Iron Man and calling it better/worse because Iron Man has a funnier main guy and Batman uses too much black.

Why did it flop?

- - - Updated - - -

True
    very true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    A flop is where you lose money and I do not think Warcraft will lose money, but it has failed. I wonder if we are going to get a sequel because so many years of work to not get the big profit is a nono.
    According to Deadline it needed $500 million to break-even. I don't pretend to know how much marketing costs but yes its made its production cost back but if that report is true then on a whole it has lost money.

It only has to open in Japan I think now and I can't see it making above $350 million in its whole cinema run. Legendary was taken over and its proven a huge success in China but I think the other studio investor would most likely pull out (think its Universal?) if any sequels were to come which imo I can't see happening.

This movie on the whole was made for the fans as it didn't really hit home with other movie goers so its a huge gamble if they decide to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    According to Deadline it needed $500 million to break-even. I don't pretend to know how much marketing costs but yes its made its production cost back but if that report is true then on a whole it has lost money.

It only has to open in Japan I think now and I can't see it making above $350 million in its whole cinema run. Legendary was taken over and its proven a huge success in China but I think the other studio investor would most likely pull out (think its Universal?) if any sequels were to come which imo I can't see happening.

This movie on the whole was made for the fans as it didn't really hit home with other movie goers so its a huge gamble if they decide to continue.
    You cannot see it making above 350 million $ total?

It has already made 340 million Dollars yesterday and I think it is closing in on 355 Million by this very minute.

Do you know how much it makes it in China in 1 day? (6-8 million Dollars) and now it is weekend. And another 2-3 weeks run in China alone.

The numbers are going to drop but it will still grow another 100 million Dollars in China alone.

Box Office Mojo is just slow with the updates.

Follow China, UPI international, and add the US and Canada numbers to it and you get the total number.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-18 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post

Indeed the movie has surpassed the 350 million $ by 16th of June, with only the first weekend in the two biggest markets of the world taking into account : 31M$ in the States (updated till 16th of June), 189M$ at China (updated 16th of June) and 123M$ in the rest of the world including Europe (updated till 13th June).
    Still waiting for numbers from the Australia,New Zealand and Mexico premieres (last night), and the openings in some other markets (Japan and South America on 30th June).

Not sure if it will get to the 500M$ by the end of its entire run, but it will be very very close.
    What is sure is that it will surpass another franchise beginning as "Batman Begins", which made 393M$ with a budget of 150M$.
    So my only doubt about a sequel is the U.S. box office, the only market where the movie has been a real flop.
    Hoping the studios don't give too much importance to that fact so we can continue to explore this wonderful world on the big screen.

Movie is barely one week on a lot of markets, on some it has not opened yet. + Blu ray sales.