Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very hyped to see they did away with the standard conventions for a Zelda game. Can't wait to play TES: Breath of the Wild.. I meant LoZ: Breath of the Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Very hyped to see they did away with the standard conventions for a Zelda game. Can't wait to play TES: Breath of the Wild.. I meant LoZ: Breath of the Wild.
    TES would have to figure out how to make combat interesting to ever be compared to Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    TES would have to figure out how to make combat interesting to ever be compared to Zelda.
    Not to mention the fact that, as a Zelda game, the UI might actually be tolerable, and it won't require mods to fix all the problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Not to mention the fact that, as a Zelda game, the UI might actually be tolerable, and it won't require mods to fix all the problems.
    Well, you forgot the crashing part too. >.>

Gameplay looks solid they really give you a lot of options, I just hope the enemy AI and game balance is good enough to make it challenging. Aonuma is clearly trying to make a 3D LoZ1 but seems to draw quite a few parallels with TES, namely Skyrim unfortunately, with the 100+ mini dungeons with weak puzzles in the form of rube goldberg machines which reward you with spirit orbs used to gain special powers(like thumes in Skyrim). Then the overworld as we've seen is comprised mostly of small bokoblin camps which are supposedly going to get bigger and more robust throughout the game; probably similar to canned forts in Skyrim.

While I do like the idea of the mini dungeons rewarding you with permanent resources to increase your power rather than the useless 50-200 ruppees, stuffing the map with low quality dungeons to get upgrades is worse than having fewer but unique and interesting mini dungeons along with larger and more interesting temples. If the rumors are true then we'll have a mere 4 "big" temples and 100+ mini dungeon fluff which just doesn't cut it for how long they've worked on this game.

Aesthetically the games art style looks alright. I like it better than SS's at least. My biggest issue is the game looks hazy and not as sharp as what they showcased years ago. You could go on about the graphics being shit for modern standards, but ultimately they don't really make a game anymore or less fun to play.

The voice acting so far has been cringe worthy. I'm 100% sure that's Zelda's voice and I'm not happy with that. When you've had a series established for over 30 years without voice acting outside of Midna's gibberish it takes me out of the game to listen to really awful British accent voice acting. It wasn't necessary and is a detriment rather than an asset.

I'm still very hyped for this game though. It's delivered on a few wishes of mine that I didn't think they'd ever do such as giving me the choice to wield several types of weapons other than the master sword. It looks like they've improved the combat system making it more interesting than its predecessors, from the trailer it looks like there may be a lot more combat techniques which I'm looking forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if this game is going to have the other weapons and items. Like the hookshot/clawshot. Boomerang, Iron boots. The like.

"The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles X are helping Nintendo with the massive task of building The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s open world.

Last year while speaking with Xenoblade Chronicles X’s directors Tetsuya Takahashi and Genki Yokota we learned that the team at Monolith was interested in taking its expertise with open world games and helping develop the next Zelda. This didn’t seem too unreasonable since the team at Monolith had previously worked on Skyward Sword as well. This year we learned that Monolith would continue this tradition by helping shape The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

During an interview at E3, legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto told us, “Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this. There is a team of over 100 [from Monolith] helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful.”

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s world is massive, so we’re not surprised to hear that Nintendo has so many people helping bring this new interpretation of Hyrule to life."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-the-wild.aspx
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I'm wondering if this game is going to have the other weapons and items. Like the hookshot/clawshot. Boomerang, Iron boots. The like.
    I would hope so, combining climbing with the hook/claw shot would be super fun.

If the boomerang has some wind power thing going on with it we might get fire tornados too.

Then seeing as there is changeable clothing and that they are again using wind as a mechanic, Iron boots might see a comeback. There wasn't really any deep ocean bits in the demo but the game looks massive and there is normally at least one watery area in zelda. Plus they might have an extra mechanic like the magnetism from twilight princess seeing as magnetism is another returning mechanic.

Though they have changed things up quite a bit, the bow was normally a dungeon reward and you now find them in random chests. Bombs have unlimited uses and your regular hand tools can break, i'm not sure if clothing wears as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you could say the same thing about Zelda. Zelda inspired all the great action RPGs like Dark Souls, but all those games have left LoZ in the dust in terms of combat. BotW looks better in that respect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean you could say the same thing about Zelda. Zelda inspired all the great action RPGs like Dark Souls, but all those games have left LoZ in the dust in terms of combat. BotW looks better in that respect though.
    You can?

I can't.

I have never played a Zelda game where the combat was not fun.

Combat in any TES game is literal trash. Even OoT combat holds up much better then Skyrim. The only reason Fallout 4 combat is somewhat bearable is they worked with bungie to make the gunplay better, yet the melee combat is still absolute garbage.

Bethesda games combat still feels like PC games from the late 90s/early 2000s. They never adjusted with the times, it's as dull and lifeless as Everquest combat feels these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "The developers of Xenoblade Chronicles X are helping Nintendo with the massive task of building The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s open world.

Last year while speaking with Xenoblade Chronicles X’s directors Tetsuya Takahashi and Genki Yokota we learned that the team at Monolith was interested in taking its expertise with open world games and helping develop the next Zelda. This didn’t seem too unreasonable since the team at Monolith had previously worked on Skyward Sword as well. This year we learned that Monolith would continue this tradition by helping shape The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

During an interview at E3, legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto told us, “Yes they are involved in this Zelda. People from Tokyo and Kyoto are working together on this. There is a team of over 100 [from Monolith] helping work on this project, and their work has really been helpful.”

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s world is massive, so we’re not surprised to hear that Nintendo has so many people helping bring this new interpretation of Hyrule to life."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-the-wild.aspx
    I remember reading about that last year.

Also, the timing for BotWs delay into 2016 was not a coincidence. Aounuma announced the delay almost a month before Xenoblade Chronicles X's Japan launch. My guess is that Monolith gave Aounuma and Fujibayashy a list of things that needed to be done and Aounuma and Fujibayashy made the difficult decision to delay it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://business.financialpost.com/fp..._lsa=6974-0191

Nintendo of America's executive VP of sales heavily hints that BotW will be a launch title, saying that it will be an "immediate reason game fans will want to buy the hardware" in an interview with Financial Post.

Monolith helps on most Nintendo projects.

The actual team that made Xenoblade X is a very small portion of Monolith. Most of Monolith is programmers that bounce around to whatever project Nintendo is in crunch time with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Nintendo of America's executive VP of sales heavily hints that BotW will be a launch title, saying that it will be an "immediate reason game fans will want to buy the hardware" in an interview with Financial Post.
    It's funny you guys still want to grasp at straws with this. If anything Zelda is a terrible reason, as most hardcore zelda fans already own a Wii U in the first place and it's going to take more then that to force them to upgrade. It's just PR bullshit talk.

Twilight Princess didn't sell the Wii, in fact even with the gamecube version being delayed a month it still out sold the Wii version for quite a few months before the Wii version eventually over took it. Wii Sports sold the Wii.

If Nintendo thinks Zelda is going to sell the NX they truly have lost their minds. They need something big to give casuals a reason to want it as well as giving hardcore Nintendo fans a reason to upgrade immediately and not just play the game on Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a hardcore Zelda fan I told myself I'm not buying a Wii U until Zelda came out on it... I guess I'm not going to own one based on their marketing tactics. It's pretty ridiculous.

It's funny you guys still want to grasp at straws with this. If anything Zelda is a terrible reason, as most hardcore zelda fans already own a Wii U in the first place and it's going to take more then that to force them to upgrade. It's just PR bullshit talk.

Twilight Princess didn't sell the Wii, in fact even with the gamecube version being delayed a month it still out sold the Wii version for quite a few months before the Wii version eventually over took it. Wii Sports sold the Wii.

If Nintendo thinks Zelda is going to sell the NX they truly have lost their minds. They need something big to give casuals a reason to want it as well as giving hardcore Nintendo fans a reason to upgrade immediately and not just play the game on Wii U.
    Nintendo is going to need something big to help launch the NX, and with Mario not being shown until next E3 (with a Holiday 2017 launch at the earliest), what else is there?

ALso, BotW is going to be that big thing that helps sell the NX for people who haven't gotten a Wii U and want to get BotW.

Nintendo is going to need something big to help launch the NX, and with Mario not being shown until next E3 (with a Holiday 2017 launch at the earliest), what else is there?

ALso, BotW is going to be that big thing that helps sell the NX for people who haven't gotten a Wii U and want to get BotW.
    What else is there?

Hmm?

Maybe I don't know all the NX shit they have refused to show thus far?

Like do you honestly think Nintendo only has 1 launch window title(and believe its a title they have not said is a launch title LOL)?

10+ Year Old Account
    What else is there?

Hmm?

Maybe I don't know all the NX shit they have refused to show thus far?

Like do you honestly think Nintendo only has 1 launch window title(and believe its a title they have not said is a launch title LOL)?
    Its just going to luanch with some bullshit showcase title for gimmicks, Zelda, and possibly a port or two (if that).

Its like they get their jollies off not launching with a Mario title for th epast 12 years or something. :/

Honestly though, I'd take a better version of Luigi's Mansion 2 or a new game in the series altogether as a nice alternative. That is pretty damn desperate though, lol.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

As a hardcore Zelda fan I told myself I'm not buying a Wii U until Zelda came out on it... I guess I'm not going to own one based on their marketing tactics. It's pretty ridiculous.
    You can probably get a discount around Christmas. Hell the refurbished ones are $200 if you are in America. There's some pretty good games that can tide you over til Zelda. Though if you are waiting anyway you can wait til christmas when they have some kind of deal.

"Apparently" the NX isn't suppose to replace the WiiU. If we are talking upgrades it could be a new streaming service something like steam box or VR. Nintendo so far is the only one not doing VR as far as we know.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

the thing is, miyamoto didnt say there wouldnt be a mario on nx. he said A NEW KIND of mario, might get shown at e3.

that doesnt mean a new kind of mario is the only mario in development. as hes clearly talking about a mario that, like breath of the wilds, changes some things up and also talks about how its much harder to do that with mario and will take more time because they have to be more considerate of the casual audience.

i wouldnt be surprised if there was a more traditional 3d or 2d mario and then next e3 we see a new take on mario like breath of the wilds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can probably get a discount around Christmas. Hell the refurbished ones are $200 if you are in America. There's some pretty good games that can tide you over til Zelda. Though if you are waiting anyway you can wait til christmas when they have some kind of deal.

"Apparently" the NX isn't suppose to replace the WiiU. If we are talking upgrades it could be a new streaming service something like steam box or VR. Nintendo so far is the only one not doing VR as far as we know.
    the nx is a console.

a streaming service isnt going to play breath of the wilds exactly the same but with better graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

as for nx launch titles id say its a strong bet we'll get

beyond good and evil 2
    smash bros with all dlc and a couple new characters and stages along with an announcement of more dlc on the way.
    splatoon rerelease, maybe even a sequel announcement as well
    pikmin 4
    a good bet we'll get atleast 1 mario game. personally id like to see a sunshine remake or sequel
    and then id wager theres probably 2 - 3 games that were originally going to be for the wiiu that they switched over to nx and have been sitting on
    that dragon quest game
    and a bunch of ports

- - - Updated - - -

i think they'll also probably work with platinum again on something. maybe bayonetta 3 at some point if microsoft doesnt steal it.

but probably not a launch title
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

I don't believe that for a goddamn minute. The NX is a console. Nintendo said that the Wii wasn't going to replace the gamecube and what happened? ONE HUNDRED MILLION UNITS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the nx is a console.

a streaming service isnt going to play breath of the wilds exactly the same but with better graphics.
    Something to note since you and the press took that quote and ran with it.

He said the Wii U and NX versions are identical outside of visuals.

He never said which one looked better. One would like to assume that would be the NX but he did not say that, so take that for what you will.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe that for a goddamn minute. The NX is a console. Nintendo said that the Wii wasn't going to replace the gamecube and what happened? ONE HUNDRED MILLION UNITS!!
    Nintendo never said that about the Wii.

The only time Nintendo ever said this was with the DS and GBA, and well it was basically true for a year or so then when the DS was flying off the shelves GBA development was abandoned.