Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Maybe I overlooked it entirely, but I haven't seen any dragon theme in Strom'kar; only the Fury swords (and prot shield, obviously). Even still, I don't know if I really care about the dragon theme, since it's only a visual representation. Aside from the Prot shield being made out of dragonscale, there's really nothing else in the story or theme that relates to dragons at all. I think I'd like it if the concept were explored a little more, but as is, it's just a funny reference more than anything else.
    Ah, drafting error on my part there - I meant for the Warswords that Fury uses.

I like that the default skin and a few others look like a dragon - but even though three of them share that structure of a dragon on one side of the blade and the "teeth" being the blade, they still manage to look different.

I guess you've got a point that the Warswords looking dragony is a little strange, since the swords take all of their thematic and narrative roots from Odyn/Helya and the whole "Norse" thing - I guess it's because they're trying to connect them to the greater historical connection to the proto drakes and the prot artifact.

Strom'kar I really wanted to have more love for the old god theme - I'd hoped for some dripping corruption stuff on the blade, and some subtle eyeballs/signs of madness - the story emphasizes so much that it just sat there in an old god's tomb/prison; I'd think that since it's so corrupted that it causes spikes to erupt out of the ground that are made of nasty stuff, that it'd look the part too.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Strom'kar I really wanted to have more love for the old god theme - I'd hoped for some dripping corruption stuff on the blade, and some subtle eyeballs/signs of madness - the story emphasizes so much that it just sat there in an old god's tomb/prison; I'd think that since it's so corrupted that it causes spikes to erupt out of the ground that are made of nasty stuff, that it'd look the part too.
    Absolutely agree. This is what I've railed against previously, there just isn't any sembalance of theme in Strom'kar. It doesn't have any overall stylization, it's just a sword. If you knew nothing about Legion/artifact weapons/etc, there'd be nothing to distinguish it as a Warrior specific weapon, whereas most of the artifacts can at least be immediately narrowed down to their individual class, if not spec as a whole. You wouldn't think Ashbringer or any of its skins were Warriors weapons, just as you'd be unlikely to think Apocalypse was a Paladin one. Strom'kar is missing that kind of stylization.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Absolutely agree. This is what I've railed against previously, there just isn't any sembalance of theme in Strom'kar. It doesn't have any overall stylization, it's just a sword. If you knew nothing about Legion/artifact weapons/etc, there'd be nothing to distinguish it as a Warrior specific weapon, whereas most of the artifacts can at least be immediately narrowed down to their individual class, if not spec as a whole. You wouldn't think Ashbringer or any of its skins were Warriors weapons, just as you'd be unlikely to think Apocalypse was a Paladin one. Strom'kar is missing that kind of stylization.
    It's even sadder when you look at the fuck-awful Sky Champion skin. What even is that? Some kind of reject from MoP? There is absolutely no aspect of that graphic that makes any sense at all. Not for the class story, with its inane focus on Vrykul. Not for the weapon itself, with a history of human use and old goddy chill-time. Nothing at all supports, explains, or justifies that awful graphic. Flamereaper is one I find equally hideous. One of those two should've been a plainer sword model that supports the idea of it being the weapon of a barbarian king, and the other should've been a corrupted model that displayed the old god influence from millennia in the tomb. That being said, I love Wrath's Edge - it is the major saving grace for me with that weapon. Though I'd love it even more if we also got an HD remake of the old T2 armor set - even just a cosmetic one for warriors to really show off that weapon skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    At 746 ilvl and since we don't have artifact powers Inner Rage was performing really, really well for me with class trinket + drinking horn. Frenzy was just getting in the way due to class trinket haste and at this gear level you get to Rampage quite a bit.

As a side note, fury stacks drinking horn super fast now. Pretty fun haha.
    At 700ilvl with no HfC trinkets or tier bonuses, and a gear set focused on Haste and mastery, I consistently had better results using IR over Frenzy. Like, a good 10% dps increase on numerous dummy tests without having to watch the stack buff. Maybe things change at 110 but for L100 and levelling I see no reason from my testing why you would not take Inner Rage

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    i dont have any addons on in PTR, but i messed around in it for a bit and it LOOKS like im doing more damage then i do live. However, holy ball sacks, i didn't have to look at as many procs in live as i do on PTR. It's kind of way too much. I feel like im doing something wrong lol. I'm just spamming way too much stuff without really knowing what to prioritize. I like the output though. and the meat cleave is pretty sweet.

That being said,i'm sure i've seen it a couple of times, not sure if the priorities are the same w/o the Artifact, and i suppose it doesn't matter too much but if anyone has any tips as to what i should take and what i should prioritize, it would help a TON.
    If you're taking Frenzy with Carnage, you should be prioritizing using Rampage whenever available, Bloodthirst whenever available and Frenzy as a filler. Use Whirlwind if you are using Wrecking Ball and you get a proc.

If you're taking Inner Rage and Carnage, you should be prioritizing using Bloodthirst whenever available, Rampage whenever available and Raging Blow whenever available. You want to try and use Raging Blow when you're Enraged for the extra damage but it really doesn't matter too much if you're not. Don't be holding off on your Raging Blow for too long at all. As usual, just use Whirlwind whenever it procs and you have nothing else to do. If you have no Bloodthirst, Rampage, Raging Blow, Execute, or Whirlwind proc to use, use one Furious Slash or Dragon Roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    It is not. It is a 2 second GCD and a 2 second animation. The 2 second GCD scales with haste. The animation does not.
    You can easily check that if you have the Old Multistrike buff in your copied character in PTR. Remove all haste gear, put a GCD tracker (Weak auras or addon) and hit the dummy on your garrison. The buff now gives you 100% haste, so your normal GCD should be 0.75 seconds. Rampage, however, stays at 1 second.

You can test with HFC gear as well. Get your haste to 50% with trinket + frenzy, your normal GCD will be 1 second. Rampage will be ~1.33 second.

If you are still in doubt, remove all the gear with 0 haste. Rampage will have a 2 second GCD, your normal GCD will be 1.5 seconds.
    just been on the ptr ... it has the exact same gcd of 1.5 secs...

took off all haste gear which makes gcd 1.5 secs, then used gcd-tracker AND stop-watched it as well ... did this 10 times for FS and 10 times for rampage and apart from some reaction-time errors (~0.05 secs) both are at 1.5 secs...
    if it would be 2, it would have been obvious.

so yeah... 1.5 sec ability with a 2 sec animation.
    also, if you go back when they introduced rampage they said it would be a 2sec channel but you would be able to cast after the normal gcd again.

edit: on a sidenote: F*** this new over-simplified UI ... its crap and you cant get any information whatsoever...
    char-screen stript of everything, tooltips basically useless cause mostly generic text with no worthwhile info on it -.-
    Last edited by Sethanor; 2016-06-18 at 09:31 AM.

just copied my warr and realized i can't use 1handers as fury in prepatch. the dissapoint was real. sigh.
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Beta test last night wasn't as disappointing as I was expecting, Bladestorm feels like wank even when stacking it with Avatar but then it also felt like wank as Arms.

Raging Blow with a CD + Droar and Wrecking ball makes the rotation... Quite nice - but how well does this work optimally?

Edit:

Cheated slightly admitted, since we never really got a boss below 70% I rolled with Fresh Meat but I'm assuming optimally on ST/low cleave we'd have Endless Rage + Frenzy.

Also prioritising abilities like this:

Bloodthirst
    Rampage
    Raging Blow
    Whirlwind
    Furious Slash

Assuming rolling Frenzy it would put FS above RB if the stacks are about to drop and if I'm not using Wrecking Ball (I assume Avatar is better -.-) Whirlwind is removed entirely....

- - - Updated - - -

Also sorry if I'm repeating shit other people have said, been too busy with Black Desert during raid downtime to follow patch notes >.>
    Last edited by mmocddc07f7463; 2016-06-18 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    just copied my warr and realized i can't use 1handers as fury in prepatch. the dissapoint was real. sigh.
    This is truly one of the dumbest things they have ever done in the game, not just to warriors but fucking period. There is going to be so much rage when the pre-patch hits... can't even level with 1handers. What's the point of this garbage? Just stupid, stupid, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    This is truly one of the dumbest things they have ever done in the game, not just to warriors but fucking period. There is going to be so much rage when the pre-patch hits... can't even level with 1handers. What's the point of this garbage? Just stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Someone on the PTR Forums summed it up nicely when talking about WW Monks.

"Upon loging into my monk which I copied onto the PTR I quickly found out that despite still being able to equip polearms, Fists of Fury cannot be used without duel wielding 1h Weapons.
    Now obviously this is due to the artifacts being 1h fistweapons, but there is no justifiable reason that players be forced into duel wielding 1h melee weapons for the month of the prepatch while they cannot access their artifacts.

On top of that the 'replacement weapon' I was given was only a SINGLE 1h sword. Not two, ONE. And I didn't have any 1h melee weapons on this character. So I was entirely unable to use FoF until I find some way of obtaining another 1h melee weapon. Not only that, but the replacement is ilevel 655. This is entirely unacceptable for a mythic HFC geared character, and would be unacceptable even for a heroic or normal geared HFC character. At a bare minimum it should be ilvl 690. Honestly this applies to all specs that are given a replacement weapon.

Being realistic, if this happens to players when patch 7.0 goes live, it will result in a LOT of people being very pissed off."
    Last edited by BlackDrako39; 2016-06-18 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    i dont have any addons on in PTR, but i messed around in it for a bit and it LOOKS like im doing more damage then i do live. However, holy ball sacks, i didn't have to look at as many procs in live as i do on PTR. It's kind of way too much. I feel like im doing something wrong lol. I'm just spamming way too much stuff without really knowing what to prioritize. I like the output though. and the meat cleave is pretty sweet.

That being said,i'm sure i've seen it a couple of times, not sure if the priorities are the same w/o the Artifact, and i suppose it doesn't matter too much but if anyone has any tips as to what i should take and what i should prioritize, it would help a TON.
    It's a case of frenzy vs inner rage talents.

Frenzy:

BT
    Rampage
    Furious slash
    Raging blow (if Rampage isn't up) (some people ignore raging blow altogether)
    Fit in wrecking ball WW when appropriate

Inner Rage:

BT
    Rampage
    Raging Blow
    Fit in wrecking ball WW when appropriate
    Furious slash (only when a open window allow for it)

Use cooldowns as appropriate.
    Frenzy feels more clumsy than inner rage, as you feel you miss out by not using raging blow >.<
    Inner Rage feels less clumsy.

A sidenote about AoE, you got multiple choices there too, also depending on how you spec.

Note 2: I have no idea which spec is supreme in either AoE nor Single target. I don't think it matters that much until people crunch numbers towards legion raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDrako39 View Post

"Upon loging into my monk which I copied onto the PTR I quickly found out that despite still being able to equip polearms, Fists of Fury cannot be used without duel wielding 1h Weapons.
    Now obviously this is due to the artifacts being 1h fistweapons, but there is no justifiable reason that players be forced into duel wielding 1h melee weapons for the month of the prepatch while they cannot access their artifacts.

On top of that the 'replacement weapon' I was given was only a SINGLE 1h sword. Not two, ONE. And I didn't have any 1h melee weapons on this character. So I was entirely unable to use FoF until I find some way of obtaining another 1h melee weapon. Not only that, but the replacement is ilevel 655. This is entirely unacceptable for a mythic HFC geared character, and would be unacceptable even for a heroic or normal geared HFC character. At a bare minimum it should be ilvl 690. Honestly this applies to all specs that are given a replacement weapon.

Being realistic, if this happens to players when patch 7.0 goes live, it will result in a LOT of people being very pissed off."
    pretty much same boat. My best weaps were the Socrethar mythic weaps (1 WF , 1 socket). Now, i could swap back to my Archi HC 2h, but I vendored one of them cause i needed space for tmog items. BUT THANK GOD I GET A 685 2H AXE THOUGH.

Fucking. Bullshit.

Oh an OH. NOT TO MENTION I BOUGHT 1H FOR PVP. THANKS
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDrako39 View Post
    *Snip*
    There's really no scenario where this plays out well for Blizz. Even if they managed to give everyone perfect, free replacements, just being force into something for no discernible reason is going to piss people off. It's one thing that in Legion there are set Artifact weapons that you have to use. That makes sense for what they are doing in Legion; and even if people don't like being forced into something, at least you can explain the logic behind it. But the change from "melee weapon" to very specific weapon types makes absolutely no sense. It is stupid for leveling new characters. Stupid for the pre-patch time before Artifacts are available. And stupid long-term for whatever happens with weapons post-Legion. I truly cannot understand why they think it's a good idea on any level. Fucking baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    There's really no scenario where this plays out well for Blizz. Even if they managed to give everyone perfect, free replacements, just being force into something for no discernible reason is going to piss people off. It's one thing that in Legion there are set Artifact weapons that you have to use. That makes sense for what they are doing in Legion; and even if people don't like being forced into something, at least you can explain the logic behind it. But the change from "melee weapon" to very specific weapon types makes absolutely no sense. It is stupid for leveling new characters. Stupid for the pre-patch time before Artifacts are available. And stupid long-term for whatever happens with weapons post-Legion. I truly cannot understand why they think it's a good idea on any level. Fucking baffling.
    I can only assume it's out of laziness, so they don't have to balance two weapon types simultaneously. That, or it's class fantasy "Our way or the highway" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    just been on the ptr ... it has the exact same gcd of 1.5 secs...

took off all haste gear which makes gcd 1.5 secs, then used gcd-tracker AND stop-watched it as well ... did this 10 times for FS and 10 times for rampage and apart from some reaction-time errors (~0.05 secs) both are at 1.5 secs...
    if it would be 2, it would have been obvious.

so yeah... 1.5 sec ability with a 2 sec animation.
    also, if you go back when they introduced rampage they said it would be a 2sec channel but you would be able to cast after the normal gcd again.

edit: on a sidenote: F*** this new over-simplified UI ... its crap and you cant get any information whatsoever...
    char-screen stript of everything, tooltips basically useless cause mostly generic text with no worthwhile info on it -.-
    You are correct. Even though rampage breaks the flow on some % of haste, it doesn't stop you from using other skills.

On another topic, is kinda fun on PTR how Whirlwind adds 6 stacks on the fel burn trinket and Rampage adds 5 stacks, even on meat cleaver.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    You are correct. Even though rampage breaks the flow on some % of haste, it doesn't stop you from using other skills.

On another topic, is kinda fun on PTR how Whirlwind adds 6 stacks on the fel burn trinket and Rampage adds 5 stacks, even on meat cleaver.
    why would rampage break the flow if its on the normal gcd? it will get reduced the same as everything else with haste so the only thing that might happen is that more of the animation will get cancelled if you have a lot of haste, but it will not influence the flow of the rotation (gcd wise)... it will look even more shit tho xD

Deleted
    hit ptr target dummy. enrage uptime is very high once you get the first enrage if you fill with FS exclusively. i702 pvp gear.

bt for near-guaranteed crit with 3 fs stacks. rampage at 70+ rage. fill with fs as before. didn't bother with wrecking ball or raging blow. not sure how it maths out, and I don't like fs, but at least high Engrage is doable if that's how everything 'sims'--god that sounds pretentious. with frenzy you can obviously maintain extra haste to get three fs/rb in an enrage window depending on character haste. I think it was 34% haste I had on ptr. don't hold me to that.

few changes would be nice: 1.5s rampage. 8s outburst enrage. carnage baseline (85 rage is too high, especially at lower levels). SOME crit bonus for rb, even if it's only 5% or 10%.

certainly seems like it's in a better place than a few other specs gameplay wise. miss spell reflection. probably won't bother with dragon roar.

I have now tried the Frenzy build without pressing RB and it is definitely not a ST increase over the IR RB testing I did @L100.

Rampage > BT > WW (proc) > FS

not as effective as

Rampage > BT > RB (IR) > WW (proc) > FS
    Last edited by Cortic; 2016-06-19 at 01:10 AM.

Single Target. Training Dummy (Garrison's Gladiator Sanctum Training Dummy). 100% to 0%.

744 Item Level
    Worldbreaker's Resolve (Mythic)
    Empty Drinking Horn (Mythic)
    No Legendary Ring Used

Stats
    38% Crit
    5% Haste
    60% Mastery

This rotation was 100% Single Target.
    Enrage: 75.0% Uptime on Enrage
    Duration: 5 Minutes and 48 Seconds

Damage Makeup:
    6.80M Raging Blow
    4.87M Auto Attack
    4.27M Rampage
    4.20M Bloodthirst
    2.25M Execute
    2.19M Fel Burn (Empty Drinking Horn)
    1.29M Execute Offhand
    1.03M Whirlwind
    870.6K Furious Slash
    569.5K Whirlwind Offhand
    491.7K Dragon Roar

Talents:
    T15 - Endless Rage
    T30 - Double Time
    T45 - Wrecking Ball
    T60 - Bounding Strike
    T75 - Massacre
    T90 - Inner Rage
    T100 - Dragon Roar

Rotation (priority) :
    Opener: Charge > Dragon Roar > Battle Cry and Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Single Target Rotation

Single Target Rotation: Dragon Roar with Battle Cry + Bloodthirst or Rampage, when they are all up > Dragon Roar > Rampage > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Wrecking Ball Proc > Furious Slash > Execute Rotation

Execute Rotation: Dragon Roar with Battle Cry + Rampage if you can Rampage from Massacre Proc or Execute > Rampage from Massacre Proc > Dragon Roar > Bloodthirst > Execute > Raging Blow > Wrecking Ball Proc > Furious Slash

Notes:
    No global cooldowns were wasted, and everything lined up perfectly (except Dragon Roar).
    During the opener and single target rotation, all rage is spent on rampage as soon as possible as to not waste any. Rampage also gives Enrage.
    Used Raging Blow, Execute, and any filler (Wrecking Ball Proc or Furious Slash) regardless if enraged or not.
    I ignored Enrage completely.
    Last edited by Jayces; 2016-06-19 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayces View Post
    snip
    And what are you trying to tell people with these findings of yours? Are you posting them to make a particular point or just for posterity?