Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do you want play elf? Switch to horde and roll belf.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could be on to something, specifically because they changed Garona to a Half-Human/Half-Orc that is obviously Alliance sympathetic in the movie.

Also, playing a Half-Orc totally reminds me of Arcanum. Sign me up! I would want them both to be like Pandaren where they can pick a side though.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2016-06-18 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    You could be on to something, specifically because they changed Garona to a Half-Human/Half-Orc that is obviously Alliance sympathetic in the movie.

Also, playing a Half-Orc totally reminds me of Arcanum. Sign me up! I would want them both to be like Pandaren where they can pick a side though.
    Movie lore does not affect ingame lore at all, though. Those two are completely seperated as was stated multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I swear every thread started about high elves is either from ravenmoon or the dude with the hobbit picture.
    Literally 95% of them have to be from these two people.
    Stop focusing on this nonsense.
    Actually, this thread is not a thread for high elves, it's about replacing them with an alternative firstly

and secondly, given that I take long hiatus' from the forums, I dare you to prove this statistic, you simply need to type high elf in the search bar and you will see very few of the threads about them started from me. I think you will find a lot more people asking for high elves, you will also find me usually skeptical about playable high elves on the alliance but also offering possible scenarios where it would work it's just that some people are so anti-biased against high elves too, that they can't even see when I support some of their arguments, but treat me as hostile because I didn't agree with their no tolerance view.

The exact same thing is happening here, I'm not suggesting playable alliance high elves, and already several people of jumped on this not reading a word assuming that it is, which just goes to show how unreasonable they're being. How do you jump on a thread that's not advovacting playable high elves and still harp on as if it is? I tell you how, by being simply blindly biased you don't even read it through. The thread clearly states high elves can't be playable..and listen to them.

Listen to you, damned if i do, damned if i don't. Just because I don't have a silly high elf hate or bias against!? Obviously a lot of people want that race on the alliance or they won't keep bringing up, but it also isn't a good idea for all the reasons I've stated above, so another alternative must be given.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    No more Elves.

/thread.
    talking about sub-races not full races. The very first few lines spell that out.. i don't think many people here want a full new elf race, I say here, because I suspect this is a small community, when you add those who weigh in against the vast back drop of players, esp asian, euro and oceania ones, not to mention the vast amounts who don't touch these forums it ma y be a different case.

Still, I do want sub-races and you should definitely have elven sub-races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm fine so long as High Elves aren't given as a full and complete new race. I don't want that waste of a good race slot.
    my post is exactly in agreement with you there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Do you want play elf? Switch to horde and roll belf.
    that's very rude to night elf players, if you want to play elf, you can play them on both factions.

remember this is not about having elves generally playable, this is about a viable alternative to playable high elves on the alliance side that a lot want but can't happen for obvious reasons. Yet other solutions can be found and even acceptable if done right.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah... i would love half orcs too. sub-race providing you a different kind of orc, human, elf, dwarf, troll, tauren etc etc is actually a great idea.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    yeah... i would love half orcs too. sub-race providing you a different kind of orc, human, elf, dwarf, troll, tauren etc etc is actually a great idea.
    They could also be developed to have a more complicated political alignment: not sure where they stand in the world. That could be fertile ground for good storytelling!

Look at Game of Thrones, most everyone is "morally grey" and you aren't sure who is really a good guy or a bad guy.

#1 The movie is a thing of it's own, not only does what happens in it not have any effect on the game world, but Blizzard Entertainment actually had very little oversight of the film, in fact no one from Blizzard even has producer credit. #2 That's not a spoiler, Garona was something of a double-agent in the lore, we were also told Garona was half-human all along in the games and it was that way until it was retconned later on in the series and fleshed out in a comic, so she's half-Draenei in the lore but was intended to and manipulated to look human anyways.

Probably nothing different in the movie, although it certainly could be, but either way it's not as if the movie did some radical departure here from the games.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-06-18 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope. High elves or half elves will never be playable. Your dream will never come true.

Btw to make the things worse for you, if the theory of infinite alternate universes is true, there is universe where alternate you is maining high elf. But its not our universe. And you will never know that happiness.

Also as stated numerous times already here there is no issue here. Sounds like OP never played MC3. High Elves ARE playable in game, they're called Blood Elves, that is what they changed their name to after Arthas invaded Quel-thalas and killed most of their people. Those remaining High Elves who are allied with the Alliance and did not follow Prince Kael'thas into Outland are very few and far between.

I do not want High Elves or Half Elves or any other race - I am fine with the selection we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not want High Elves or Half Elves or any other race - I am fine with the selection we have now.
    Then dont play them when they come. However that doesnt mean other wouldnt want to play as them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Half-Elves are a plausable thing in terms of lore but im not sure blizzard could ever or would ever do them.

In old lore (not sure if they will change this in chronicles of azeroth) but in old lore Kul'Tiras had the highest population of half-human half-high elves in the alliance suggesting it is always possible that it could serve as an ideal starting zone for such a race.

The problem... in my opinion is that a half-race is in its own way, a flawed concept.

Once you open that floodgate, you open it to every prospect, such as Mok'nathal (Half-ogre/orcs) which again, im not complaining about either being a playable race, more options is always fun, but it does mean people need options.

Blizzard is clearly running short on the idea of making new races a thing, they added one new class this expansion, and previous expansion they added "no" new race or class at all.

Its likely they may just focus on using future hero classes to add sub races, since the night elf/blood elf DH's have their own VA, and unique look, being more akin to demonic elves than actual elves.

Im more inclined to believe hero classes will be used to create sub-race options, such as Dark Ranger adding a potential Undead Elf/Arugal Worgen option for both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Then dont play them if they come.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Half-Elves are a plausable thing in terms of lore but im not sure blizzard could ever or would ever do them.

In old lore (not sure if they will change this in chronicles of azeroth) but in old lore Kul'Tiras had the highest population of half-human half-high elves in the alliance suggesting it is always possible that it could serve as an ideal starting zone for such a race.

The problem... in my opinion is that a half-race is in its own way, a flawed concept.

Once you open that floodgate, you open it to every prospect, such as Mok'nathal (Half-ogre/orcs) which again, im not complaining about either being a playable race, more options is always fun, but it does mean people need options.

Blizzard is clearly running short on the idea of making new races a thing, they added one new class this expansion, and previous expansion they added "no" new race or class at all.

Its likely they may just focus on using future hero classes to add sub races, since the night elf/blood elf DH's have their own VA, and unique look, being more akin to demonic elves than actual elves.

Im more inclined to believe hero classes will be used to create sub-race options, such as Dark Ranger adding a potential Undead Elf/Arugal Worgen option for both factions.
    It's an interesting point, but there are interesting reasons to at least have a couple of half-races with the most popular race, they have never really told the story of half-elves or half-orcs so if they did, they could make something serious out of it -- enough for a sub-race, but not a full race. Besides there are many other options for many races to come first before you will do more hybrid races, not to mention only those two have enough power behind them. Most other races have not been in-contact or compatible enough to breed half populations sizeable enough, so they can easily bury the others.

Half-human-H/BElf is easy, the two races have known each other for several thousand years now and on friendly terms, mixing has happened
    Half-orc/dranei also easy because it's a similar situation, despite the massacre but it's easy to have new ones spun from thin air, you know, from a plot. Half-orc/human is also possible too, as a full generation has passed, Thrall was a baby in the first invasion and is now a 40+ year old, there could have been half orc/humans that you can feasibly spin some out of thin air too

you can't have Half-human/night elf - because they've not known each other long enough to spawn a generation.
    Worgen? already a half breed race and same thing
    Forsaken? no- uncompatible, besides as you can raise any race as undead....
    Tauren? - not compatible
    Pandas - no lore provision, in isolation, and also not compatible
    Troll/NElf - ? not possible, isolation of the Nelves and ofc hatred
    Troll/HElf - feasible but unlike Half-elf or Half-orc, none recorded, and the elf-troll hatred is the level of deepness that you don't see the two wanting to conjoin even for sadistic pleasure/humiliation - it's possible, but we won't see it.
    Troll/Human - even less so, they haven't interacted, and ofc Trolls generally hate everyone else which is why we end up fighting em alot.
    Human-dwarf-gnome - no distinctiveness, they'll just look like varying height humans, dwarves or gnomes and be classed as one of them, so they could be around ofc, but they are not a thing

so if you actually consider it, only Half-elf and Half-orc are serious and plausible contenders, and their inclusion have real value and have lore, for the others - maybe after you go through the 27-30 odd plausible sub-races would you then include them, and WoW would not go on that long.

I give all you elf lovers two months after Legion's launch to be so sick of them you'll never want to see a thread like this ever again. Seriously, half the playerbase is going to be trying out DH - an elf only class. You'll be enjoying Alterac Valley with 35 Blood Elf Demon Hunters in your 40 man raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I give all you elf lovers two months after Legion's launch to be so sick of them you'll never want to see a thread like this ever again. Seriously, half the playerbase is going to be trying out DH - an elf only class. You'll be enjoying Alterac Valley with 35 Blood Elf Demon Hunters in your 40 man raid.
    that's a scary thought, i'm already sick of talking about elves

My vote still goes to Ogre for Alliance, and Leper Gnomes or Quilboar for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    My vote still goes to Ogre for Alliance, and Leper Gnomes or Quilboar for the Horde.
    How about Quilboar for the Alliance, since they utterly despise the horde for sacking their homes, slaughtering their people left and right to the point they allied with the scourge with the hopes of pushing them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The solution is to unite into one Faction.

Last edited by Bosen; 2016-06-19 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly, fuck High Elves in the Alliance, and fuck Half Elves in the Alliance.

Give us fucking Nightborne, Blizzard, ye fookin' bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    How about Quilboar for the Alliance, since they utterly despise the horde for sacking their homes, slaughtering their people left and right to the point they allied with the scourge with the hopes of pushing them back.
    Nah, that wouldn't make much sense. They would fit thematically. The Tauren could instead befriend the Quilboar living near them. They could fight together a common enemy, or through familiarity/proximity lay down arms and fight together. Perhaps Alliance incursions in the Barrens could convince some Quilboar to help the Horde...

Since the Horde races are generally bigger than the Alliance races, Quilboar -H and Ogre-A would help even things out a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Honestly, fuck High Elves in the Alliance, and fuck Half Elves in the Alliance.

Give us fucking Nightborne, Blizzard, ye fookin' bastards!
    As badass as Nightborne are, I doubt that will happen. Two dark skinned elven races? ... I wouldn't necessarily hate it, but I think a sub-race would work better...