Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The ROTC program. They give scholarships. I think you have to take something they want, art history isn't going to cut it.
    ROTC does, JROTC does not and OPs pics were clearly JROTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    True. 10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I actually really like this idea. I feel it will: help with the troubled/violent schools, build community, build pride in our country and show the youth that discipline is something worthwhile.

- - - Updated - - -

No, in some states it is actually considered "recruiting," and it is illegal to recruit (in some states) on a school campus.
    Interesting, id like to know what states its banned in.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this secretly a plan to drive up recruitment for the spectres commander shepard?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    not sure if the racial aspect is conscious, but there's plenty of black people in favor of trump
    If by "plenty" you mean a tiny minority, sure.

Only 6% of black voters are in favor of Trump.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-18 at 05:56 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I hear Trump supporters who are young kids pick on the immigrant kids.

I believe cadets should be put in every school to protect children from children and teenaged Trump supporters and to promote unity!
    The one on the right has an assault weapon. That is quite a bit of added security.

Yes and no.

Yes. I feel every citezen should serve (or at least be educated) on the military.
    No. They should not be used as a police force.

The last thing some JRotc kid needs is to be caught up in some bullshit police type scandal.

Deleted
    Sure, what could possibly go wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Shepard....
    That Citadel party was pretty long, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Lol, the JROTC kids at my high school were a bunch of wannabes and idiots. Not a single one of them could protect themselves from any sort of unarmed attack much less an armed one. None of that really matters though, thinking that some kids that go running with some enlisted military person every now and then and wear a knock off military uniform to school in no way prepares them to defend anything, nor should they be expected to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The one on the right has an assault weapon. That is quite a bit of added security.
    Those are clearly real weapons, why would they even think of giving a child a fake gun...
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Makes sense, then everyone can pick on the nerdy cadet kids who play army at school.
    Since the cadets will get picked on, everyone else will be safe!

I was an air cadet. They aren't valiant protectors. They have no actual authority to even attempt such a thing with in the first place. And teens participating in the various branches of cadets have, in my experience, largely been viewed as military nerds.

It's a great youth program, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    The ROTC scholarships are great, they cover pretty much everything most of the time and if you are enlisted already and going back to school they pay you on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Lol, the JROTC kids at my high school were a bunch of wannabes and idiots. Not a single one of them could protect themselves from any sort of unarmed attack much less an armed one. None of that really matters though, thinking that some kids that go running with some enlisted military person every now and then and wear a knock off military uniform to school in no way prepares them to defend anything, nor should they be expected to.
    8 years in and I still can't run worth a damn.

I can shoot damn well under stress though. Even qualified with someone else's weapon. I was so sad when I barely shot 25. Then my drill pointed out it wasn't my weapon and I got 35/40 next time out.

This has fuck all to do with anything. I just wanted to share how I hate running,

A drill rifle is like the complete opposite of an " assault weapon ".

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    JROTC kids were not picked on when I was in school but they wasn't respected either.
    Even the band and drama kids picked on the JROTC kids at my high school, on the social and respect hierarchy they were the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    8 years in and I still can't run worth a damn.

I can shoot damn well under stress though. Even qualified with someone else's weapon. I was so sad when I barely shot 25. Then my drill pointed out it wasn't my weapon and I got 35/40 next time out.

This has fuck all to do with anything. I just wanted to share how I hate running,
    Well, you would be good to guard some place then XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well, you would be good to guard some place then XD
    Pfft. I was the designated driver. I have more miles under my belt than most generals. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    A drill rifle is like the complete opposite of an " assault weapon ".

I say we ban that shit!!!! I bet it's full auto.

He looks ready to use it too. Look at all the medals on the guy on the left too, he is young and has already accomplished more than some will in their life. I know some don't like the military, but I feel like these guys have a bright future ahead of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Interesting, id like to know what states its banned in.
    I believe California and Mass. are two states that I have banned it although I don't know for certain. The logic behind the ban is that recruiting at school will result in children from poor families using the military as a way out and enlisting. Although, I am not entirely sure why that is a bad thing....

Lol, that second picture.. wearing your belt 5 cm above your navel surely makes you look imposing..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Lol, that second picture.. wearing your belt 5 cm above your navel surely makes you look imposing..
    I'm impressed you measured. Not even joking.