Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    wow. i do flick shots with Hanzo alot. i didn't even knew there was a name for it. But sometimes you have the aim at you just move it fast before shooting and bang you got the kill.

Happens alot with me, now i know that it's not just luck. its somewhat skill of muscle memory and weird calculations about enemy speed and where he will be.

Nice to know.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    I find this "flicking" to be a bit too much lottery when playing Widow. I do a bit of a fast "spiral" movement when I target the head of someone who appears in my sights. That allows me to hone in on the target pretty accurately and fast, and the gameplay doesn't devolve into throwing my crosshair here and there hoping for a hit.

But, as I said before, whatever works. You can learn to do things in many different ways, and typically you think your way is the best way regardless of which way it is.

casuals thinking these shots are near impossible without aimbot lmao classic overwatch community.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    casuals thinking these shots are near impossible without aimbot lmao classic overwatch community.
    People just want to blame -anything- other than themselves for their failure. Every time someone acts up in general at the end of the game it's because they need to blame someone else to make themselves feel better about losing. I mean for fucks sake, I have played for 63 hours now there is no way I am expected to win every game for 63 hours straight, there is no shame in losing games and you won't lose your left nut if you lose one. Just push play again and off you go.

Have to blame my team. Have to blame the other team for being broken. OMG torb carry, Torb is op, torb is broken. Sniper using aimbot. Bastion is broken.. I lost but totally owned your reaper... it's child mentality at it's best and ignorant shit no one cares to see at it's worst.

1 That's pc gameplay, for the fellow who seemed to think it was console. Stylosa plays on PC, and Shift and E aren't Shift and E on the console.
    2 It's all about increasing your speed at seeing a target, aiming, and shooting. Not exploiting anything bar your ability to get better at tasks by repetition.
    3 No aim bot was involved in his gameplay.
    4 Unitlost channel is a decent Overwatch Channel, I think when his new pc turns up he'll be doing live streams.
    5 Insert some witty ending remark, and go back to getting decent at playing games.

When i was good at FPS games (many moons ago) i used nothing but bolt action rifles, thats how i aimed, this jerky motion you speak of. I didnt know about any netcode exploits at the time, i simply aimed this way because smooth mouse movements were beyond me but a jerk towards where i actually wanted to aim was easier to predict and control
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People just want to blame -anything- other than themselves for their failure. Every time someone acts up in general at the end of the game it's because they need to blame someone else to make themselves feel better about losing. I mean for fucks sake, I have played for 63 hours now there is no way I am expected to win every game for 63 hours straight, there is no shame in losing games and you won't lose your left nut if you lose one. Just push play again and off you go.

Have to blame my team. Have to blame the other team for being broken. OMG torb carry, Torb is op, torb is broken. Sniper using aimbot. Bastion is broken.. I lost but totally owned your reaper... it's child mentality at it's best and ignorant shit no one cares to see at it's worst.
    Wow, you're reading an awful lot into my mentioning of aimbots.

First up, I've seen precisely one kill cam anything like this, difference bring it was a Pharah doing it, and it didn't cost me the game. Was it annoying? Yeah, absolutely. Am I certain it was aimbot over skill? No, not entirely. Maybe they were just really good, but otherwise having a terrible day on decision making on positioning and bothering with the objective...

I find it really weird how people get so riled up and defensive on the subject, rather than try to have a rational discussion. It's always 'git gud' before a reasoned explanation of how to. I mean shit, I even explain how best to do it without cheating and you guys still lose your shit, but can't offer more than that.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-18 at 08:25 AM.

I'm really surprised there's even a discussion or controversy over this. Flicking is just a way of life in CS. It's just muscle memory. The skill set just carries over.
    Last edited by Henako; 2016-06-18 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I'm really surprised there's even a discussion or controversy over this. Flicking is just a way of life in CS. It's just muscle memory. The skill set just carries over.
    The majority of the forum goers and blizzard casuals here haven't played or watched pros stream the older FPS games so they see shot flicking and are blown away by it. They're used to auto targeting like WoW so when they see someone who is seasoned on FPS games where you actually have to aim, they are quick to cry aimbot.

this style is also applicable to mccree, once you learn where the heroes heads are its fairly easy to farm headshots, but your forearm and wrist will hurt after an hour

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    The majority of the forum goers and blizzard casuals here haven't played or watched pros stream the older FPS games so they see shot flicking and are blown away by it. They're used to auto targeting like WoW so when they see someone who is seasoned on FPS games where you actually have to aim, they are quick to cry aimbot.
    I mentioned aimbots in passing, no casuals are whining, you can relax and drop the defensive hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    With an aimbot usually.
    Yep totally in passing. Saying that good aim is usually an aimbot is an extremely stupid statement which is why many people are addressing it. It's not an insult to be a blizzard casual, it's just sad that people can't own up to it and have to discredit people who don't suck at aiming and call them bot users.

Very ironic with so many widow pictures that you'd not know how to aim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep totally in passing. Saying that good aim is usually an aimbot is an extremely stupid statement which is why many people are addressing it. It's not an insult to be a blizzard casual, it's just sad that people can't own up to it and have to discredit people who don't suck at aiming and call them bot users.

Very ironic with so many widow pictures that you'd not know how to aim.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise you would struggle to read more than 4 words in a post. I was going to add more to this, but I don't want to make things too hard for you, I'm already onto a second line.

I'll take the chance though, and ask that you read the following sentence, and my subsequent post in the thread; which do actually explain, physically, how to do this and practice it. Further, if you've got this far, my other posts explain my physical limitations.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-18 at 09:28 AM.

Because you definitely proved that good aim is usually due to an aimbot after those 4 words? Nope. Your post just got more dense and pathetic.

Don't worry you're like the 1 millionth person to cry about standard fps habits after blizzard released their first fps. I guess it's a blizzard gamer thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    So i watch seagull streams sometimes... and he is a fucking amazing hanzo. But i cant seem to do the ol flick of the aim like he does. Is there any trick to this? I try doing it i either overshoot or don't hit anywhere near them.
    http://www.aimbooster.com/

Try focusing on the middle of the screen and "flick" the targets.

Edit: I mean in the mini games that this site offers, not OW itself.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-06-18 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you definitely proved that good aim is usually due to an aimbot after those 4 words? Nope. Your post just got more dense and pathetic.

Don't worry you're like the 1 millionth person to cry about standard fps habits after blizzard released their first fps. I guess it's a blizzard gamer thing.
    Please read the rest of my post, and my subsequent posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Please read the rest of my post, and my subsequent posts.
    I tend not to do that when someone starts off with such an outlandishly dumb claim. Do they get better?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend not to do that when someone starts off with such an outlandishly dumb claim. Do they get better?
    Judge for yourself.

Deleted
    I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike, from the very first betas up until the utter shit that was Source came out and ruined CS, and I watched a lot of Clanbase matches as well, and twitch aiming and "flick shots" weren't such a huge thing back then, at least not in that game, and at least not in Europe and around the Nordic countries (who used to dominate Clanbase anyway.) I know it dates back to Quake and TF, but perhaps it's just a thing certain types of people liked to do, and maybe it's just gotten like a "fad" popularity during CS:GO now that everything gets spread over the internet at lightspeed.

It's just one way of playing. It doesn't mean it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike, from the very first betas up until the utter shit that was Source came out and ruined CS, and I watched a lot of Clanbase matches as well, and twitch aiming and "flick shots" weren't such a huge thing back then, at least not in that game, and at least not in Europe and around the Nordic countries (who used to dominate Clanbase anyway.) I know it dates back to Quake and TF, but perhaps it's just a thing certain types of people liked to do, and maybe it's just gotten like a "fad" popularity during CS:GO now that everything gets spread over the internet at lightspeed.

It's just one way of playing. It doesn't mean it's the best.
    It was extremely popular among awps and scouts in cs 1.6 and source, but i don't remember it called "flicking".

And I never said it was the best, although it probably is. My point is that if you look at the posted video and say that most people who aim like that are botting, then you have no idea of how good the reflexes of human players have been for the last 15+ years of basic fps gaming and you must be new or extremely casual.