Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    For as much as I love assassination, I'm kinda disliking it in beta right now. I hardly have enough energy to even get my bleeds out. I open with cs into a hero into a rupture and I'm out of energy before I can garrote. Then it's all down hill from there.

What is the "rotation" in pvp that everyone is using?

Edit: it's also annoying me that a spec revolved around poisons is more bleed oriented...
    Try using shadow focus, you can CS>Hemo>mutilate>5/6 rupture>vendetta>garrote>mfd>6p kidney(internal Bleeding)>ex

That will drop anyone without a immunity cooldown pretty much, if you don't have vendetta up you just pool or miss out garrote.

Garrote is much much lower priority in pve since it costs so much energy, it is always better to mutilate for combo points since if you have rupture up already you can put up creeping venom with envenom, which due to movement is pretty much a indefinite dot and ends up doing way more damage than garrote. Even doing a 3cp envenom is worth it as creeping venom does the same damage regardless of how many cp used.

There is argument of going subterfuge for the extra garrote damage thus giving it higher priority in your opener but you will run into the same energy starving problems, especially if you double cheap in the opener.

I personally prefer SF as it allows me to get my dots up faster due to having more energy and my opponents have less time to counter, but each to their own. The spec is much slower and requires pooling to be most effective, which goes hand in hand with gravitating to heavy pressure dot comps like RLS.

Im testing Assassination Rogue and I have some questions.

1 - Mastery just buff your auto-atk poison ? Or it buff Artifact Traits (Bag of Tricks, From the Shadows and Kingsbane) and Envenom ?
    2 - Elaborate Planning talent is a snapshot ?
    3 - t19 2p will give energy from Mutilate bleed ?
    4 - Have any moment where you need Poisoned Knife in normal rotation ? (ex.: more poison proc for Kingsbane)
    5 - Bag of Tricks use RPPM mechanic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    Im testing Assassination Rogue and I have some questions.

1 - Mastery just buff your auto-atk poison ? Or it buff Artifact Traits (Bag of Tricks, From the Shadows and Kingsbane) and Envenom ?
    2 - Elaborate Planning talent is a snapshot ?
    3 - t19 2p will give energy from Mutilate bleed ?
    4 - Have any moment where you need Poisoned Knife in normal rotation ? (ex.: more poison proc for Kingsbane)
    5 - Bag of Tricks use RPPM mechanic ?
    1 - It buffs all poison damage so those Artifact Traits as well
    2 - It shouldn't according to Celestalon
    3 - None could test. I assume it does
    4 - Can't imagine right now, no
    5 - Yes

I'm thinking about swapping to play a rogue come Legion, anyone have any tips or suggestions on what spec to play? (I know tuning is not yet finished, just looking to see what people like so far)
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spices View Post
    I'm thinking about swapping to play a rogue come Legion, anyone have any tips or suggestions on what spec to play? (I know tuning is not yet finished, just looking to see what people like so far)
    There is a ton of threads about that on the very first page, did you miss those?

Quote Originally Posted by Spices View Post
    Enhancement. And it's not a joke

After watching the FinalBoss overview of the spec to get most of the info, Assassination seems an incredibly well rounded spec suited for long single target, VERY high burst single target, and most aoe fights bar dot fights obviously. It's not mega fast initially, which is very good, because it's meant to be methodical, but you can absolutely talent the spec to be faster, especially in aoe situations where you'll literally have more energy than you can use.

Not only that, there's tons of little things you can do via chaining skills, timing abilities together, and pooling energy, as well as utilising sets of talents together that gives the player lots of potential to work with. You can't say that about many specs right now. Probably a very good pvp spec too.

Just looks a really nice spec all round. I've played PTR, but not beta, so if anyone can shed light on 110 aspects of the spec that would be nice. Also, i don't mean complaints like ' i think it's too slow', because i personally like a slower spec. Just means how it actually fairs with all traits and 110 gear/fights.

so just tested assa on beta, didnt read through everything but is vendetta breaking stealth intended?

assassination looks like a pretty solid first artifact choice imo. The high Burst potential will be great in world content and dungeons. And it has really nice single target damage, so assass as main spec and having outlaw as 2nd spec for aoe should be a good way to go about legion and leveling that artifact weapon

DAMN!

this dude is doing 500k dps, he got 1million with herolust burst.

https://www.twitch.tv/pyllero

holy shit thats impressive and only 840ilvl
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    DAMN!

this dude is doing 500k dps, he got 1million with herolust burst.

https://www.twitch.tv/pyllero

holy shit thats impressive and only 840ilvl
    At that ilvl LOTS of classes can burst like that...

What are your guys success in raids so far? Are you hitting top 5? Any classes beating you usually? Is assass pulling higher numbers than sub or outlaw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    What are your guys success in raids so far? Are you hitting top 5? Any classes beating you usually? Is assass pulling higher numbers than sub or outlaw?
    I'd really like to know this too

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    At that ilvl LOTS of classes can burst like that...
    really? reach upwards of 1million? got any videos to back that up?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Dps numbers wise should be reaching towards MoP levels

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Dps numbers wise should be reaching towards MoP levels
    God my memory is bad, and i played a mage too haha, how were rogues back them?

It's mostly just the legendary belt amplifying the Exsanguinate burst 50% in the first 10% looks great for things that die as fast as those bosses but other than that that legendary isn't likely to be that great.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    really? reach upwards of 1million? got any videos to back that up?
    No, just my experience of dungeon running in beta. It´s also that belt inflating the opener sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    No, just my experience of dungeon running in beta. It´s also that belt inflating the opener sequence.
    he actually bursted for 2.1 mil last night on a dummy, think he had a rupture proc and the belt was accounting for like 35% of the dmg or so. Blizz made it so the dmg bonus from the belt gets counted separately so u can see it on the dmg meters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    It's mostly just the legendary belt amplifying the Exsanguinate burst 50% in the first 10% looks great for things that die as fast as those bosses but other than that that legendary isn't likely to be that great.
    Its not 50% though, its more like 35% ish (its 50% extra dmg as physical, so gets scaled down) but indeed that is the primary reason behind that insane burst. The legendaries enhances different aspects of a spec, so while the belt is flashy - there might be better ones for overall dps.