Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    You know, I would've been really happy with Darion as the leader of the Four Horsemen had it not been suggested that it could be Tirion instead. Tirion would've been an awesome pick, partly because his quick death seems a bit less weird then and it would also open possible story implications later. In comparison Darion is disappointing.
    Due to his story, Tirion was a horrible pick.

Deleted
    I have been out of the loop regarding this for a while, so I got confused because I keep hearing five names for the Four Horsemen:

Thoras Trollbane
    Sally Whitemane
    Nazgrim
    Tirion Fordring
    Darion Mograine

What gives? Can someone please bring me up to date? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    I'm sorry, did anyone expect the order hall campaign to be as cut-and-dry as the quest text being fed to us would have us believe? That there would be no twists?
    "Do X." "X is done." "Do Y." "Y is done." "Do Z." "Z... is a bit more complicated." Kind of the mission statement of Legion!

The instant we had the "Tirion" part spoiled, I called that he wouldn't be one of the Horseman, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one either.

Let's be honest here: The appeal of having Tirion as a fourth Horseman was similar to Zeliek, seeing him be a bearer of the Light even in his darkest time. Unfortunately, Tirion... before Ashbringer, he was never a very good Paladin, and the player getting Ashbringer is a pretty permanent way to give that up. He completely gave up on the Light after his son's death, and spoilers for Tirion's death in the first place, Gul'dan easily breaks what little power with the Light he still has - in no small part because he used his one final blessing to finish off Arthas.
    He completed his arc, he passed on the blade. To keep him around any longer would've been kicking a dead horse.

Best case scenario, we'd be seeing a guy with Tirion's name and face, without any of his most notable powers or weaponry, to whom agreement to become a Horseman would completely conflict with his established zealotry against dark magic (see: ToGC; we don't need two human Horsemen with the same motivation, especially if the contrast is supposed to establish a penance for one and the second-coming of another), and whose position of authority (as the most powerful knight of the most powerful knights of the Ebon Blade) would trump Darion's again.

I prefer that we got Darion; he's the leader of all DKs on Azeroth but he's been out of focus since he formed the Ebon Blade (after Arthas, your first thought about a DK is probably Thassarian). Who cares if he pointlessly died again to become a super-DK, frankly I found it a little surprising that we didn't turn more of the established DK heroes into Horsemen.
    He was one of the five founders of the Knights of the Silver Hand, so I'm at a loss as to why you consider him to be a bad paladin pre-Ashbringer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I have been out of the loop regarding this for a while, so I got confused because I keep hearing five names for the Four Horsemen:

Thoras Trollbane
    Sally Whitemane
    Nazgrim
    Tirion Fordring
    Darion Mograine

What gives? Can someone please bring me up to date? Thanks.
    The Four Horseman are:
    Thoras Trollbane
    Sally Whitemane
    General Nazgrim (I don't care for this pick)
    Darion Mograine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post

The Four Horseman are:
    Thoras Trollbane
    Sally Whitemane
    General Nazgrim (I don't care for this pick)
    Darion Mograine
    Nazgrim is the best pick. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you for the clarification! What gives? It used to be Fordring before, why is it Darion now? Also, Darion already had a great roll within the Ebon Blade.

Seriously, I don't want to read 75 pages worth of content. Any short version would be cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    The last 5 to 6 pages of this thread hasn't really answered the question I've been skimming all pages to find: who becomes the 4th horseman?

No more theories, opinions--do we actually know at this point? Mograine?
    It is almost certainly Darion. It's just that no one has actually confirmed the actual moment via in-game questing that he is raised to be the 4th. It's only heard in VO files.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Nazgrim is the best pick. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you for the clarification! What gives? It used to be Fordring before, why is it Darion now? Also, Darion already had a great roll within the Ebon Blade.

Seriously, I don't want to read 75 pages worth of content. Any short version would be cool.
    Here you go:
    http://imgur.com/a/Q9aOr

It is implied that there are ways to communicate with the spirits of the dead. If Tirion agreed to be ressurected do you think the paladins would be so stubborn not to allow it? After all he would be given a choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    It is implied that there are ways to communicate with the spirits of the dead. If Tirion agreed to be ressurected do you think the paladins would be so stubborn not to allow it? After all he would be given a choice.
    If you look at the sequence of events in the scenario posted, it's pretty clear that Tirion's body was protected by the Light and it wasn't the doing of the paladins. It just happened.

The ebon blade never bothered to ask before, they deem the resurrection of these individuals as necessary and as such will do anything to achieve that goal. Consequences be damned, they have done this ever since they were introduced.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-06-18 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    The last 5 to 6 pages of this thread hasn't really answered the question I've been skimming all pages to find: who becomes the 4th horseman?

No more theories, opinions--do we actually know at this point? Mograine?
    Then you must have skipped over the multiple times people said it hasn't been confirmed who the last one is yet in game

Actually they do ask the spirits of Nazgrim, Whitemane and Thoras if they want to be ressurected and they explain the situation to them and they agree to be ressurected. Why not doing the same with Tirion? Would the Light be so stubborn not to understand the urgency of the situation?

Actually they do ask the spirits of Nazgrim, Whitemane and Thoras if they want to be ressurected and they explain the situation to them and they agree to be ressurected. Why not doing the same with Tirion? Would the Light be so stubborn not to understand the urgency of the situation?
    As far as I have seen they don't bother asking they just resurrect them and they are fine after they are back from the dead. But the ebon blade does not ask.

https://youtu.be/L_9ejKfi95U?t=209
    https://youtu.be/L_9ejKfi95U?t=979
    https://youtu.be/L_9ejKfi95U?t=1674

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The holy spirits of the dead increase the power of lights hope and the paladins there. Maybe Tirion does more for the paladins in his peaceful afterlife than he would as a dammed horseman
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    They can't even get close to his tomb. The Light rises up and burns the whole area around it.

If you watch closely they are not natural bodies that are ressurected. They bring the souls back and explain the situation. A natural body cannot pass through the ground like that. Only a spirit can.

If you watch closely they are not natural bodies that are ressurected. They bring the souls back and explain the situation. A natural body cannot pass through the ground like that. Only a spirit can.
    Seriously? Those are their corpses rising, but even then they aren't being asked just brought back regardless.

I find it a little hard for a corpse to pass through the ground like that. An incorporeal being like a soul for example can do that on the other hand. They simply bring back the soul of those three horsemen and explain the situation and then asking them for their help.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2016-06-18 at 01:52 PM.

I find it a little hard for a corpse to pass through the ground like that. An incorporeal being like a soul for example can do that on the other hand. They simply bring back the soul of those three horsemen and explain the situation and then asking them for their help.
    And the souls suddenly turn solid? Seems legit ....

The ebon blade never cared for raising the dead ahgainst their will, why should they suddenly feel bad about it now?

As legit as a corpse passing throught the ground like it's a ghost. The Ebon Blade ressurected ghouls and other agents of the Lich King that have no souls or will at all. If they never cared about the Free will of the person ressurected why do they even bother explaining the situation to the Horsemen? They would simply get them under their will without much off a resistance. They are different from the Lich King unlike another lying female.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2016-06-18 at 02:08 PM.

As legit as a corpse passing throught the ground like it's a ghost. The Ebon Blade ressurected ghouls and other agents of the Lich King that have no souls or will at all. If they never cared about the Free will of the person ressurected why do they even bother explaining the situation to the Horsemen? They would simply get them under their will without much off a resistance. They are different from the Lich King.
    If that is what you want to tell yourself fine, the ebon blade are rotten to the core always were and will be.

Allow me to disagree but I believe otherwise. They are not the same.