Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The (philosophical) question now is, if he can justify it, does it mean he thinks it's evil or good?
    Schroedinger's cat. lol
    No, joke aside, that is an answer only he could give. But he's dead.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if there can be no cure found for sociopathy and psychopathy, then they should be put down for the betterment of humanity. preferably before they can breed.

sociopathic and psychopathic children should be sterilized if the condition is confirmed, and monitored their whole life until we can be sure there's a cure. if not, just start putting them down as soon as they show the signs.
    I was labelled psychopathic as a child after my mom lied to and forced me into a mental institution. They let me out after a week and I've lived a pretty much normal life since. They never took that off my medical records. Should I be put down for being a productive member of society that does nothing wrong, simply because I'm labelled by something you are afraid of for no real reason?

That's like saying we should put down anyone who's black or mexican, because they CLEARLY will commit crimes, since that's what X person told me.

There are many many many people who are sociopathic or psychopathic that are perfectly normal functioning members of society. Stop treating them like shit for it.

If it's justified then it's not murder, but usually the justification has to be something like self-defense or protecting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlance View Post
    He saw his people starving and losing most of their possessions and worked to change that. He tried many times to work out peace agreements before turning to war as well. From his perspective he was a good man trying desperately to help his people who where being systematically destroyed by debt and poverty. At the hands of the Allies.

It is very,very rare people see themselves as evil. To be frank if Hitler won he would of been remembered as a hero who conquered the tyrants of the world that brought suffering to his people.

Good and evil are extremely complex subjects that we often trivialize to fill us with a sense of moral rightness the true isn't that simple however.
    Note the terminology you even used in your own post:

"from his perspective." Certainly, "from his perspective" (and the perspective of other Germans) he did not see himself as evil. That does not change the definition of "evil," it is just his perspective. So, ok- "from his perspective" slaughtering millions of people was not "evil." Rounding up people and gassing them to death is not "evil."

I don't know.... maybe I am slow witted or something but somehow that did not change the defintion of "evil" for me and I still think he is "evil."

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Note the terminology you even used in your own post:

"from his perspective." Certainly, "from his perspective" (and the perspective of other Germans) he did not see himself as evil. That does not change the definition of "evil," it is just his perspective. So, ok- "from his perspective" slaughtering millions of people was not "evil." Rounding up people and gassing them to death is not "evil."

I don't know.... maybe I am slow witted or something but somehow that did not change the defintion of "evil" for me and I still think he is "evil."
    It is to point out the idea of killing someone because "you" consider them evil doesn't work because to them you could be the evil one...

It is to point out the idea of killing someone because "you" consider them evil doesn't work because to them you could be the evil one...
    Again, the keywords are "because to them." Because they redefined "evil" to fit their narrow understanding of the concept does not actually change the well established history of the word or concept of evil. They are just manipulating it to fit their current needs, that does not justify a redefinition of the word "evil."

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Again, the keywords are "because to them." Because they redefined "evil" to fit their narrow understanding of the concept does not actually change the well established history of the word or concept of evil. They are just manipulating it to fit their current needs, that does not justify a redefinition of the word "evil."
    I don't really know how to simplify it anymore for you... Even in modern times there isn't a universal concept of good and evil. I don't know if you are very young or just naive but the world doesn't work that way.

I don't really know how to simplify it anymore for you... Even in modern times there isn't a universal concept of good and evil. I don't know if you are very young or just naive but the world doesn't work that way.
    I would disagree and say that you are naive (I didn't want to say it, I don't really like to say things like that, but you kind of forced me to). The people that are telling you there is no universal concept of evil are actually manipulating you. They want you to consider that there is some kind of "grey" area between good and evil. there isn't. Look it up, there are very clear definitions of "good" and 'evil." Just because some people want to change the defintion does not mean that the definition actually changed. It only "changed" in their minds and the minds of the people that support them, for the other billions of people on earth, it didn't actually change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Was watching a television show about this whole pay evil unto evil deal. It's only labelled murder because killing someone like this would fall under it, but what if the victim is complete, unrepentant, unadulterated evil? Think Mexican drug lords, rapists, and worst of all, animal abusers. Like, I recall that incident where a poor boy was RAPED by his martial arts teacher and his normal father schemed an assassination on the guy and eventually succeeded! And you know what? Despite being caught on the spot, no one mourned the rapist but lament why the dad would do such a thing. Why? Because in my opinion, the evil motherfucker had to die and that's what he said word for word in a more somber tone.
    Retribution is absolutely a part of Justice. It seems to me that some people and some deeds are so evil that the laws of men must give way to the laws of nature. I would be sorely pressed not to carry out a terrible revenge against anyone who harmed my family,especially my only child. I am only a man not a saint and some things cannot be borne

Deleted
    Its only murder if you get caught

Its a really awful idea because everyone's interpretation of evil is different so then you just murder all over the place.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't. We have laws for a reason, and if they seem inadequate, we have been given the tools to change them.
    But if you know a rapist or animal abuser who happens to fly under the radar, What I don't see, I don't see.

show me someone completely evil please.

hell, show me someone even a little evil.

youll want to start by defining evil.

If it's self-defense, then yes. If it's cold-blooded, then no. You cannot bring about good with an act of evil.

Now the whole "kill Hitler before he rose to power" argument is a bit unfair ... because it takes into account hindsight. Before the fact, we can never really know if he would have a change of heart and not do those awful things.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    show me someone completely evil please.

hell, show me someone even a little evil.

youll want to start by defining evil.
    Already done.

To repeat earlier posts:

I repeat, if evil didn't exist then you could justify anything and everything. Including murder...since it's not wrong.

My scale looks at the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer

Known to have killed at least 17 people, including raping and cannibalizing children. One victim had been drugged and had a hole drilled in his skull with which acid had been poured into. (A little experiment that didn't work)

He was sentenced to life in prison. That didn't sit well with either the prison population or the correctional system itself it seems. Eventually given the death penalty that he truly deserved, and in a vicious fashion.

I could and damn sure would consider him evil.
    -------------------------

Then we have this:

Anyone that doesn't understand this as evil has no business making any judgments towards those that do understand.

You have entire peoples so terrified and so subjugated that they walk by children starving on the street:

People today just have no damned idea

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    To me it is. This goes back to the "would you kill baby Hitler knowing what he would become?" My answer would be yes, I wouldn't even hesitate. Once someone gets put into the evil category(rape, murder, cartel type dealings), I feel like they lose any right for anyone to feel bad about their eventual deaths.
    Couldn't you just kidnap baby hitler and raise him differently?

Murder is something dictated by some ones point of view, therefor it is always justified in that specific persons eyes.

You can thank me later and end this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Murder is something dictated by some ones point of view, therefor it is always justified in that specific persons eyes.

You can thank me later and end this thread.
    o...well then I guess murder isn't evil since it's all just a matter of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    o...well then I guess murder isn't evil since it's all just a matter of perspective.
    Correct.

It is the basis of free will.
    So do what you want because free will.
    Same as when you get hunted down by some one else cause free will and they believe you are wrong.

It is all based on point of view.

If i do not like you and i decide to murder you that is entirely up to me and me alone to do so is it wrong in some one else eyes? Probably but i do not care because i'm right for my self and my self is the only thing that matters after all i am the person who decides if i wanna murder you or not, it is not you it is not your mother it is not the chick next door it is my view and if i decide to act on it i should be able to do so what ever happens after that it is some one else's view of my doing not mine aka IT IS A STUPID POINT OF VIEW and you cannot blame any one for deciding to become murders all you can to is use your point of view and trial them or murder them in reaction to their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Correct.

It is the basis of free will.
    So do what you want because free will.
    Same as when you get hunted down by some one else cause free will and they believe you are wrong.

It is all based on point of view.

If i do not like you and i decide to murder you that is entirely up to me and me alone to do so is it wrong in some one else eyes? Probably but i do not care because i'm right for my self and my self is the only thing that matters after all i am the person who decides if i wanna murder you or not, it is not you it is not your mother it is not the chick next door it is my view and if i decide to act on it i should be able to do so what ever happens after that it is some one else's view of my doing not mine aka IT IS A STUPID POINT OF VIEW and you cannot blame any one for deciding to become murders all you can to is use your point of view and trial them or murder them in reaction to their actions.
    Jeffery Dahlmer was evil and crazy, it's not about "perspective"