Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    My GF's cousine also goes to Aarhus Uni, and she faces the same housing issues I'm afraid.

This is a page for rooms for rent in aarhus, in the worst case scenario I guess, made a google translate to english for you:

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url (Risskov and Aabyhoj are suburbs to Aarhus)
    I've received mix opinions. I have a fellow portuguese friend that has been studying in CPH for a year now and he was of the opinion that i shouldn't worry that much, that surely i'll have housing.

But then i contacted studenthousingaarhus, the company in charge of student housing, and they simply said that there's no guarantee that'll happen, even with the Housing Guarantee clause one can choose when signing up.

Now im just searching for facebook groups that focus on housing.

Im not particulary keen on going onto the private market, at least not on the 1st year, since going to a student dorm would somewhat facilitate fitting in the danish society.

home of the least nice danes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Albertslund is better, vognporten is really close to albertslund train station, from where you'd take the s-train to enghave station leaving a 2 km walk to the university, way easier than from tingbjerg, which would be bus through copenhagen in the morning with atleast 1 bus change.

Also the same S-train will take you to central copenhagen in less than 30 min

Yes, I have signed up for Albertslund, also Sadolin Kollegiet, Amagerbrogade and Holmbladsgade. The Nr. på venteliste, lowest is 651 and highest in 1498 so hopefully it will come down quickly. Those waiting list numbers do look pretty daunting task!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you didn't apply until now - and are a foreigner I doubt you will have much of a chance. Danish Students are soon getting the message if they have been accepted to Uni or not and even before then most accommodation are facing huge ass waiting lists. At the same time they are desperate and will take just about anything for starters so if you are that far down the list I would say it's pretty safe to assume you won't get anything.

If you are a foreigner I would just take whatever the university can offer you as a starter - They are obligated to do so, it's cheap and it's usually okay. Then you can go around and apply for yourself in the mean time.

7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    If you didn't apply until now - and are a foreigner I doubt you will have much of a chance. Danish Students are soon getting the message if they have been accepted to Uni or not and even before then most accommodation are facing huge ass waiting lists. At the same time they are desperate and will take just about anything for starters so if you are that far down the list I would say it's pretty safe to assume you won't get anything.

If you are a foreigner I would just take whatever the university can offer you as a starter - They are obligated to do so, it's cheap and it's usually okay. Then you can go around and apply for yourself in the mean time.

Yes, That is my plan too. Just take what comes my way for the first few months and then try to get something more to my liking once my I have settled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I've received mix opinions. I have a fellow portuguese friend that has been studying in CPH for a year now and he was of the opinion that i shouldn't worry that much, that surely i'll have housing.

But then i contacted studenthousingaarhus, the company in charge of student housing, and they simply said that there's no guarantee that'll happen, even with the Housing Guarantee clause one can choose when signing up.

Now im just searching for facebook groups that focus on housing.

Im not particulary keen on going onto the private market, at least not on the 1st year, since going to a student dorm would somewhat facilitate fitting in the danish society.

Funny you mention that, Aarhus was my second choice but got offered Aalborg-CPH first.

Best of luck with finding accommodation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    Yes, That is my plan too. Just take what comes my way for the first few months and then try to get something more to my liking once my I have settled.
    It's really the best you can do at this point . I used to work with Accommodation at another Danish University and even if they said that no one was permitted to fulfill the clause about a minimum of 1 offer there was still an expectation that we do so, and we always did. It took a little bit of work, but in the 4 years I worked there I've never had 1 student who didn't have a roof over his or hers head by the time the semester started.
    It may not have been the most fancy place, but it was a place and many people actually ended up staying there for years before finally moving out when they found something on there own.

One word of advise though, be really careful with Facebook and danish sites like "Boligportalen.dk" they are notoriously known for trying to scam the shit out of international students. Especially in these months. Once I had a German couple who came in because one person on the site had offered the same very small apartment to 3 other couples, with the same moving-in date.
    So even if you might be desperate and the room the university find for you isn't perfect, don't risk it. Because you'll most likely end up losing your money :/

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    One word of advise though, be really careful with Facebook and danish sites like "Boligportalen.dk" they are notoriously known for trying to scam the shit out of international students. Especially in these months. Once I had a German couple who came in because one person on the site had offered the same very small apartment to 3 other couples, with the same moving-in date.
    So even if you might be desperate and the room the university find for you isn't perfect, don't risk it. Because you'll most likely end up losing your money :/

Good luck!
    This is what i mean. On this thread one danish dude did me the favor of translating ads on Boligportal and then you say it's famously filled with scammers. Of course everything has 2 sides, but where does one turn to?

The places i signed up to have a waiting list from 4 to 24 months and there wasn't anything shorter than that. Then all the places in the private market between 2500-3000 krone are immediatly filled with people trying to get them.

Yo Danish folks, build more dorms

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not welcome if you aren't White.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what i mean. On this thread one danish dude did me the favor of translating ads on Boligportal and then you say it's famously filled with scammers. Of course everything has 2 sides, but where does one turn to?

The places i signed up to have a waiting list from 4 to 24 months and there wasn't anything shorter than that. Then all the places in the private market between 2500-3000 krone are immediatly filled with people trying to get them.

Yo Danish folks, build more dorms
    Everything has 2 sites and of course not everyone is a scammer trying to get money out of international students. I'm just giving you my version of the situation
    Signing up as many places you can is your best bet, and then just wait. Wait and hope - search the private market but just be careful. Ask your university if they have any ideas, their accommodation office is bound to have some contact on that market at least. Contacts they don't usually give out unless people ask.

The thing about "building more dorms" is that a lot of young danish people are freaking picky. We don't wanna live in dorms unless we really have too, people are going for 1-room apartments with your bath and you own kitchen rather than having to share with anyone. Building more dorms would just mean a lot of empty rooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything has 2 sites and of course not everyone is a scammer trying to get money out of international students. I'm just giving you my version of the situation
    Signing up as many places you can is your best bet, and then just wait. Wait and hope - search the private market but just be careful. Ask your university if they have any ideas, their accommodation office is bound to have some contact on that market at least. Contacts they don't usually give out unless people ask.

The thing about "building more dorms" is that a lot of young danish people are freaking picky. We don't wanna live in dorms unless we really have too, people are going for 1-room apartments with your bath and you own kitchen rather than having to share with anyone. Building more dorms would just mean a lot of empty rooms.
    The university services are sort of hopeless, in the sense that whatever you ask them, all they do is point you to another service that's responsible for whatever it was you asked them help with.

But you should! You have countless foreigners dieing to get in your welfare goodies bag and get a free education. Well, hopefully getting a service job over there will be easier than the housing search is right now. Without that SU aid, i won't last very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    The university services are sort of hopeless, in the sense that whatever you ask them, all they do is point you to another service that's responsible for whatever it was you asked them help with.

But you should! You have countless foreigners dieing to get in your welfare goodies bag and get a free education..
    Their service being hopeless i very unacceptable, however since I'm not working for another university anymore I can't even pull some strings for you. I am not sure who to hit in the head anymore :P

That last part - don't say that out loud though. With the situation in Europe basically a lot of Danes have changed their mind and they HATE foreigners/International People. You might get a stern look or 2

7+ Year Old Account
    That last part - don't say that out loud though. With the situation in Europe basically a lot of Danes have changed their mind and they HATE foreigners/International People. You might get a stern look or 2

I really Hope that the situation is not too severe. With the Brexit looming, Donald Frucking Frump could potentially have his finger on a nuke, these truly are immeasurable times to live in.

- - - Updated - - -

But you should! You have countless foreigners dieing to get in your welfare goodies bag and get a free education. Well, hopefully getting a service job over there will be easier than the housing search is right now. Without that SU aid, i won't last very long.
    Think it is unfair correlation. There are people who genuinely seek education or job and are willing to be part of the society, to contribute back to the society. And then there are those freeloaders whom you mention, they just want to get on the gravy train and care less if the world around them crumbles.

- - - Updated - - -

on topic:

My Nr. på venteliste for Amagerbrogade has dropped from 1466 to 402, and for Holmbladsgade from 911 down to 212.

Looks like KKIK have added a lot more option for housing in past few days.

Why is it some housing options do not permit students over 30 Years 11 Moths old?
    Last edited by -primordial; 2016-06-20 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Remember to bring ear plugs, Danish is not meant to be spoken among mortals, it makes them go into an alcohistic rampage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive my short necro, but jesus, over a month and still haven't been able to find housing in bloody daneland!

7+ Year Old Account
    The search is still on!!! I mean, seriously how difficult could it be find housing!!!???
    Last edited by -primordial; 2016-08-02 at 12:37 PM.