Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do hunters seem to be extremely dissatisfied with MM?

I am asking the question because MM what,thematically and aesthetically,compels me to play it in Legion and move away from Warrior.But i am getting the universal sense that MM is one of the biggest failure specs in Legion.Putting aside the fact that you cannot move while casting anymore-which doesnt really bother me-what are the other problems that make people criticise MM that much?

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people just can't handle change.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    A lot of people just can't handle change.
    Or bad change.

Deleted
    its not about changes, problems are in shitty talents rows limiting our best choices to certain combos atm so aoe skills are best ones for both ST and aoe. nerf one of them necessary talents and we r doomed to do bad rotation/low dps -_____-

The fact that without the combo of 2 talents, Sidewinders and Patient Sniper, the spec has shit AoE, shit burst AoE, shit ST burst and shit priority target burst.

On beta both talents are default picks by a long shot because they fix the spec's flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's just a shadow of its former self? But I guess that can be said for many classes.

Deleted
    All classes are very simplified and have many aspects taken from them.However Hunters are,by a COLOSSAL margin,the most dissatisfied DPS out of all the classes.The fact that two talents are better than others in the talent row just dont seem to make up for the huge disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    All classes are very simplified and have many aspects taken from them.However Hunters are,by a COLOSSAL margin,the most dissatisfied DPS out of all the classes.The fact that two talents are better than others in the talent row just dont seem to make up for the huge disappointment!
    Hunter is also the most played and historically the least open to change class in the game, so there's that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Moving is hard when you can't cast while doing it.

Well they took away mobility: Can't move while casting Aimed Shot. Aspect of the Cheetah is a cooldown now. Sidenote: Deterrance is a 3 min CD - Not 2 charges anymore. Doing this to make the new shiny DH feel more appealing with their mobility. ;/

I don't think it's as bad as it was made out to be.

I went in treating aimed shot like live survival spec explosive shot and taking the lock and load talent.

I also went without patient sniper which I found gave me flexibility and instead allowed me to go with on demand marked shot or, pull off some interesting pooled burst tricks like explosive shot > marked + aimed shot x2 (L&L) > Headshot

It's a failure spec for a few people here on the forums. If you're like me and actually enjoy it, go for it.

People are mad because is no more "pew pew istant aimedshot cs kill shot ez top deck recount yolo swag"

but for me is the fact that we cant cast AiS on move

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind any spec, however I will always be better in one spec over another. So it will always displease me if the spec that ends up being required is one that I'm not better at.

its not the change we cant handle,weve had that for ten years plus,its the stupid on a whim changes that make no sense for a ranged hunter class,im in beta and played extensively and i got to say mm and sv the two specs ive played feel horrible and sorry i know its a bad word but clunky.after trying rogue/warrior/dk and dh i can safely say all play much more fluent and natural with good sensible spell/talent choices sadly i cant say this for hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    People are mad because is no more "pew pew istant aimedshot cs kill shot ez top deck recount yolo swag"

For your info, Hunters have rarely been top deck for the entire of HFC, only things Hunter excelled at in HFC was all the add prio.

*EDIT* For me - they needed to keep aimed shot as it was before T18 4-set so can still move with it, but I would have put it's instant cast onto the artifact as a trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    For your info, Hunters have rarely been top deck for the entire of HFC, only things Hunter excelled at in HFC was all the add prio.

*EDIT* For me - they needed to keep aimed shot as it was before T18 4-set so can still move with it, but I would have put it's instant cast onto the artifact as a trait.
    top recount =\= worldoflogs - but in HFC if you compare MM to dps class like DK FROST we got really high burst with nothing less than CS > spam AiS with t18 so many new hunter are mad because they have to force this rotation to the legion one

in raid we are god like for add management and let others dps, but i never had any competitor on dungeon hc / myth as hunter MM, thx to ez burst
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-06-18 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post

Thats not true though, that sort of game play and mobility can still be achieved. Consider semantics aside, Marked Shot hits as hard as Aimed Shot and with the Sentinel talent, I found myself using marked shot at a frequency that felt good while being able to move constantly. With Sentinel, I could also use Marked shot as the opener or when it felt a little longer than usual to get a proc.

Try it on PTR, it actually feels pretty good

How it feels to me.. (Legion vs Live)
    Piercing Shot = Live Kill Shot
    Marked Shot = Live Arcane Shot (with TotH)
    Aimed Shot = Live Explosive Shot (with L&L)
    Windburst = Powershot

The rotation I fell into was;
    Open with Sentinel > Marked Shot (twice)
    Arcane Shot spam
    Marked Shot on proc
    Aimed Shot on L&L proc

For burst (3 stacks of vulnerability on target)
    L&L proc up
    Hunters Mark proc up
    Marked Shot > Aimed shot x 2 > Piercing Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    Open with Sentinel > Marked Shot (twice)
    sentinel? nice one

It is very simplistic, and most players want more engaging gameplay. Marksmanship Hunter feels like "press the shining buttons!" which is not at all engaging.