Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Everyone annihilates Mercy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You've played against some terrible D.Vas I see.

If Widowmaker is LUCKY she survives, and breaking a sniper out of her nest is far from accomplishing nothing. That is actually an immense benefit to your team. And D.Va is SUPPOSED to be behind enemy lines chasing and being chased, that's what she DOES.

Widowmaker is extremely vulnerable to D.Va and the only thing that can really save her is the rest of her team.
    The problem with d.va which is why they're buffing her is when she dives into a team she almost instantaneously gets broken out of her mech. If you're playing against a half decent team you won't be able to get to the sniper without going through her teammates. If you're going through her teammates to get to the sniper and they aren't potatoes you're gonna have a bad time.

There's a reason they're looking at ways to buff d.va, it's not because she's amazing right now. If what you're arguing is 1v1 matchups, of course... its a team based game... but only a silly person argues 1v1's.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

playing against / with a good widowmaker is still pure hell / pure bliss.

but the bad widowmakers are less of an annoyance now.

i do feel like she's picked less now tho, seen a few more hanzos around.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Still extremely frustrating playing against a good one. Not fun getting one shotted when turning a corner.

I think it's much better with this nerf. Now Windomaker is only for good players. So if you usually catch her ...you will die anyway.

Windomaker is really good char for fps players. Many fps players will always play something where you can do something with skill. With Genji , Winston etc. It's just facepalm for casuals. I don't want says casuals are bad but good players always pick something where you can be good and where skill matter. And good player with Windomaker can kill many players with headshots only. So bodyshot nerf is joke.

Example i play Windomaker most , because if i pick something like Soldier 76. It's just too much easy and i have no good feeling that i achieve something because i always end with 3x gold medal with no effort. Best dmg, best accuracy. Most kills.

People loves chalenge. And many heroes are just stupidly easy.

So if you think you will ever see games without instant kill from window. Just rather quit this game. There are always fps players that make your game really hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Hana is a weaker Mercy who can't heal nor buff nor has any mobility and does 6% less DPS and 20% less damage per shot with a worse reload time and less damage per clip. Hana is *not* as useful as D.Va. Hana definitely isn't as useless as most people think - just like Mercy with pistol isn't as bad as most people think, but she certainly isn't *good* and you don't pick D.Va for a DPS - you pick her as a tank. Without mech, you can't do the job you were picked for.

Tanks are in a weird place atm. You have Winston at a laughable 60 Dps - lowest in the game, Roadhog at 225 Dps - capable of 1shotting almost any hero except reinhardt and roadhog (only behind bastion and Reaper in damage), Zarya who's one of the lowest damage champions even with 100 charge - and is incredibly hard to keep charge up, and D.Va who does a fair bit of damage but loses all mobility and defenses while having the largest crit box in the game by a mile.

I feel like D.Va, Winston and Zarya's damage could all use some minor damage buffs, D.Va's crit box should be smaller(at least a little smaller) and Roadhog should be toned down a bit, at least so he can't 1shot 80% of the games roster.
    That is so false I cannot even... the only thing I ll agree with you on is that reinhardt is the most balanced of the tanks.
    But zarya doing laughable dmg with above 50 charge? I m sorry what? She also sports one the best ultis in the game and she is used a lot in competitive. Even more used than zarya is winston who despite doing "laughable dps" doesnt need to aim and can constantly dish out that numer while also being very disruptive and hard to kill.
    You have to understand that not all tanks tank the same way that reinhardt does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    I think it's much better with this nerf. Now Windomaker is only for good players. So if you usually catch her ...you will die anyway.

Windomaker is really good char for fps players. Many fps players will always play something where you can do something with skill. With Genji , Winston etc. It's just facepalm for casuals. I don't want says casuals are bad but good players always pick something where you can be good and where skill matter. And good player with Windomaker can kill many players with headshots only. So bodyshot nerf is joke.

Example i play Windomaker most , because if i pick something like Soldier 76. It's just too much easy and i have no good feeling that i achieve something because i always end with 3x gold medal with no effort. Best dmg, best accuracy. Most kills.

People loves chalenge. And many heroes are just stupidly easy.

So if you think you will ever see games without instant kill from window. Just rather quit this game. There are always fps players that make your game really hard.
    1st.) rip english
    2nd.) theres no medal for accuracy
    3rd.) genji is far from faceroll

Most Widows I faced were relying more on bodyshots before, so they indeed have become a less irksome threat. The good ones though still need to be dealt with quickly and with extreme prejudice. So I'll still opt to jump all over a widow, no point waiting to find out if they're any good. Which is why DVA will never be far from my choice.. back line assassinations in a massive brightly colored mech is the way I roll.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    That is so false I cannot even... the only thing I ll agree with you on is that reinhardt is the most balanced of the tanks.
    But zarya doing laughable dmg with above 50 charge? I m sorry what? She also sports one the best ultis in the game and she is used a lot in competitive. Even more used than zarya is winston who despite doing "laughable dps" doesnt need to aim and can constantly dish out that numer while also being very disruptive and hard to kill.
    You have to understand that not all tanks tank the same way that reinhardt does.

- - - Updated - - -

1st.) rip english
    2nd.) theres no medal for accuracy
    3rd.) genji is far from faceroll
    1. You are born like lucky english native speaker. Good for you. You can try my lang and we will see how good you will be.
    3. Genji is easy. Only few people who play it thinks that double jump and timed Reflect is "mucho strongo skillo". Nope. Genji is faceroll. Really hard is only Mercy. Widowmaker is easy to learn , hard to master. Others are faceroll if you know what to do.

As long as the hitboxes continue to be shit, Widowmaker will always be overpowered. Seeing her 'headshot' targets with her reticule completely off the enemy model is just laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The problem with d.va which is why they're buffing her is when she dives into a team she almost instantaneously gets broken out of her mech. If you're playing against a half decent team you won't be able to get to the sniper without going through her teammates. If you're going through her teammates to get to the sniper and they aren't potatoes you're gonna have a bad time.

There's a reason they're looking at ways to buff d.va, it's not because she's amazing right now. If what you're arguing is 1v1 matchups, of course... its a team based game... but only a silly person argues 1v1's.
    There's no reason replying to him, because he's completely set on D.Va being OP, even though it's clear as day that's she's in the useless tier bottom bracket when you measure effectiveness and being useful.

Still think Tracer should be a body shot kill.

Don't really care about the ult charge nerf, although I think it should be announced like every other ult, I really like the suggestion posted in this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...f=search_posts

I think quick shotting should be a thing but whatever.
    Hi Sephurik

1. You are born like lucky english native speaker. Good for you. You can try my lang and we will see how good you will be.
    3. Genji is easy. Only few people who play it thinks that double jump and timed Reflect is "mucho strongo skillo". Nope. Genji is faceroll. Really hard is only Mercy. Widowmaker is easy to learn , hard to master. Others are faceroll if you know what to do.
    No.

Widowmaker is still easier by far than Genji. You don't need to headshot to kill with Widowmaker, you can still bodyshot, it just takes an extra hit now, which is nearly irrelevant most the time since she can shoot so quickly anyway (It does give time to react though now to the player).

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, Mormo is on record saying that McCree sucks (before the nerf, even) and that D.Va is very strong.

Not sure we should place too much value in his judgment at this point.
    To be fair, I get Widow would wreck a D.Va from ranged, but the moment D.Va gets up close she should be able to kill the Widow easily, and if there's anything D.Va can do, it's move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Still think Tracer should be a body shot kill.

Don't really care about the ult charge nerf, although I think it should be announced like every other ult, I really like the suggestion posted in this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...f=search_posts

I think quick shotting should be a thing but whatever.
    Yeah I'm mostly with you. Hitting a tracer at all is much harder than landing headshots on other heroes. Trying to hit a headshot or 2 body shots on tracer is hell. Guess the problem there is there's not really a good way to make tracer a 1 body shot to widow without either buffing up widow or otherwise needlessly nerfing tracer. I also prefer quickscoping as a play style and think the nerf to damage justifies not needing to remove it. One or the other made sense, both seems excessive.

Ahwel, just gonna need to get better than I already needed to get to be effective as her.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I am Greek. I was not born a native English speaker... but since English is the commonly accepted world language I made the effort to learn it.

I mean really a good player with any character is going to wreck a team.

I've seen Genji's that were just inhuman.

I think a game's balance is truly struck when it is balanced around the average player, not a pro-gamer.

If people who are not actually any good are switching away from WM because the ease of kills are no taken, that is an excellent tune.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean really a good player with any character is going to wreck a team.

I've seen Genji's that were just inhuman.

I think a game's balance is truly struck when it is balanced around the average player, not a pro-gamer.

If people who are not actually any good are switching away from WM because the ease of kills are no taken, that is an excellent tune.
    cannot stress this enough

It's a lot better, though I still think they should nerf her health. She is far too durable for someone who is supposed to be a long ranged sniper. She shouldn't have Genji level HP, she should have Zenyatta level HP.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

You don't literally dive into six heroes. You dive behind them while they're occupied with your teammates, usually by flanking.

And I'm specifically arguing against 1v1 situations. D.Va's main benefit comes from how she disrupts the enemy team, allowing hers to advance onto objectives. She clears out sniper nests and charges turrets (provided she has backup to actually kill them), blocks ultis etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    It's a lot better, though I still think they should nerf her health. She is far too durable for someone who is supposed to be a long ranged sniper. She shouldn't have Genji level HP, she should have Zenyatta level HP.
    Mmm, if she had less HP D.Va could practically kill her in one charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You don't literally dive into six heroes. You dive behind them while they're occupied with your teammates, usually by flanking.

And I'm specifically arguing against 1v1 situations. D.Va's main benefit comes from how she disrupts the enemy team, allowing hers to advance onto objectives. She clears out sniper nests and charges turrets (provided she has backup to actually kill them), blocks ultis etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmm, if she had less HP D.Va could practically kill her in one charge.
    Thing is she is a sniper, she should be punished for letting enemies get close by being dead....quickly.

As it stands she has too much hp and can just zip line away OR just outright kill you with her assault rifle LMB click.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Thing is she is a sniper, she should be punished for letting enemies get close by being dead....quickly.

As it stands she has too much hp and can just zip line away OR just outright kill you with her assault rifle LMB click.
    You're basically asking that she be incapable of putting up a fight if flanked.