Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Being my quote was towards somone questioning other ppl making ppl legs buckle the neck rope pull comment isn't really needed in the "conversation" I was drumming up based on the other persons post.
    Fair enough. Retracted. There's been some shit talk about the rope attack being some kind of game...I apologize.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-06-17 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there evidence that this is a racially motivated crime? I don't really want to see the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    Yep, I remember kids giving each other tt twisters, not sure if that is allowed to be spelled out. Charlie horses, wedgies where your underwear would rip. I even remember kids punching each other in the privates to get a laugh. My school kids always like to buckle the knees of this one tall kid when he walked down the hallways and also swipe his foot as he was walking so he'd trip and fall over. Kids are mean...
    Some adults still do it.

Yet this thing with a rope isn't really something I would put out as a harmless game. Regardless if it wasn't intended to go on her neck or her to fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Smear the queer, I'll say it. It wasn't meant as smear the homosexual though, it was meant as odd one out.
    Except "odd one out" hasn't been the primary meaning of the word queer for nearly 75 years now. It absolutely is meant to be homophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Is there evidence that this is a racially motivated crime? I don't really want to see the pics.
    Nothing conclusive that we know of yet...mostly circumstantial

It's a mostly white school and the girl was bullied by some of the other kids for being different...and there have been other instances of bullying like that in the school. Nothing directly saying she was being bullied because she was black though. At least one of the kids that bullied her previously was in on the rope attack.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Again how many white kids have had ropes tied around their necks and dragged around like a dog?
    You are part of the problem.

Some adults still do it.

Yet this thing with a rope isn't really something I would put out as a harmless game. Regardless if it wasn't intended to go on her neck or her to fall down.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying kids have been doing mean stuff forever. They should get in trouble. I don't know if 3 million is worth it though. I've seen kids beaten up pretty bad and they just got a beating out of it, no money. But times are different now.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying kids have been doing mean stuff forever. They should get in trouble. I don't know if 3 million is worth it though. I've seen kids beaten up pretty bad and they just got a beating out of it, no money. But times are different now.
    That's what the lawsuit is about though...that the school was made aware of the bullying and did nothing to stop it until it escalated to a point where this girl is probably scarred for life.

well those games are nothing compared to what they did.

Big difference of harmless games with friends and pulling or knocking someone down with a rope around their neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the concept of a rope being tied around someone's neck being potentially dangerous is particularly complex or difficult to understand.
    I think you overestimate people particularly young children. Most don't understand consequence of actions until it is experienced or witnessed.

- - - Updated - - -

Except "odd one out" hasn't been the primary meaning of the word queer for nearly 75 years now. It absolutely is meant to be homophobic.
    When playing the game in the 80s and 90s no one associated queer with homosexual when playing that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Do you look at a rope and immediately think noose?
    i look at rope and immediately the minority in me is triggered.

That school is done.

I would defend it and say punish those stupid ass kids. But let's face it. They basically did nothing and kept it from the parent.

I am not for schools being shut down. But if this school district goes under , and all administrators aware of this goes to jail, id be quite glad.

This is the kinda shit that demands action. Not stupid pop tart guns.

well those games are nothing compared to what they did.

Big difference of harmless games with friends and pulling or knocking someone down with a rope around their neck.
    Umm..getting beat up wasn't what I'd classify a "game". I knew a kid who had to get facial surgery because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    3mil....
    These things always demand the most ridiculous sums of money.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with something being done about it.
    Mostly because it leads to negotiation and bargaining power. Almost never do the initial sums actually remain the same. I literally worked on a case where someone was suing for 100 million for about 2 million in damages to real estate (it was a whole contractor thing, times, dates, cancellations, etc, not like explosions or tornado damage)

needless to say they did not get 100 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That's what the lawsuit is about though...that the school was made aware of the bullying and did nothing to stop it until it escalated to a point where this girl is probably scarred for life.
    literally and mentally

Well times change and just because you could get away with horrible stuff in the past doesn't mean a slap on the write is fine today.

This is what annoys me when people complain about PC, they use a argument like ''it was fine 20 years ago'', but the fact is it wasn't fine 20 or 30 years ago. Just because you could get away with it back then doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well times change and just because you could get away with horrible stuff in the past doesn't mean a slap on the write is fine today.

This is what annoys me when people complain about PC, they use a argument like ''it was fine 20 years ago'', but the fact is it wasn't fine 20 or 30 years ago. Just because you could get away with it back then doesn't make it right.
    I never said it was fine. If so, I wouldn't have said the kids should get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I don't think anyone has defended the school. I think people are just contesting that this is a racially charged issue that its being made out to be.
    White kid tying a Rope around a Black Kid's neck in no way resembles anything historic at all.

You people I swear to god.

Well this sucks.

trying to get 3 millions for a small rope burn?

thats some expensive treatment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    "The school’s principal, Allison Buras, did not investigate whether the incident was intentional, and the school did not notify the girl’s mother, Sandy Rougely, the suit claims."
    How does one "unintentionally" put a noose around a girl and yank her around?
    Putin khuliyo