Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who cares? Thal'dranath had litle to no development and there were no concept art of it, only ideas. And it didn't have a lore to back it up unlike Farahlon. And Ion didn't say it was cut completely, it is going to be replaced with something way cooler. To be honest, I'd rather see a troll themed content zone rather than another elven ruin zone with Legion presence (Suramar, Azsuna, Broken Shore all has it -- and partially Val'sharah.)

Honestly, they shouldn't have shown it in the first place. Then the community wouldn't have something to be whiny about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    If they go that route, which I wouldn't blame them, then they would either cancel Blizzcon, or only have Blizzcon a month before expansion release. The community can't bitch about not enough communication, then bitch ever time something in development changes.
    Well, the community can, actually. Not only can they, they have - Blizzard has been through several iterations of being close-lipped as well as indiscreetly open about the development process. Part of the issue is the view of the community as a kind of gestalt, I guess. When parts of it cry out over changes we tend to view it externally as its entirety, but really it's just a minority of loud voices carry through over the din. Internally we're all just cliques of players with our vested interests: the casuals, the hardcore raiders, the hobbyists, the dungeon-runners, the PvP'ers. But when one clique begins braying it reads as "the community," and if the voices are loud enough they can force changes that the rest of the body might not appreciate.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    But we didn't know anything about Thal'dranath to begin with? "Some night elf ruins" is the biggest knowledge dump we've ever been given about the zones.

Who knows what we'll get instead? Maybe it'll be an even bigger land mass, maybe it won't be any new land mass but it'll have more content.

Who knows?

You're crying because someone spilled milk on the other side of the world and mum's not back from the shops yet.
    What did we get instead of Farahlon? NOTHING.

That's also what you'll get instead of Tal'dranath.

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post

Oh? You know more than we do? Care to elaborate?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Good news: Ion immediately followed it up by saying they had a better and more different idea than Thal'dranth. Thal'dranth was just going to be more Elven Ruins.

Bad News: This means we're now looking at the Great Unknown. Could be the Void, could be Argus, could just be Kezan. And it could always be a big fat nothing like WoD had.
    Currently the rumor mill thinks we'll be going to Kul'tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I would probably bet on that, I have a feeling that's what Jaina will be up to after things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. 7.1 as the Kara 5-man(similar to 4.1), 7.2 as Kul Tiras as a raid where we kill Jaina, 7.3 as Tomb of Sargeras/Argus/Palace of Kil'jaeden/wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post

They admitted to giving up early on Draenor to get Legion out faster, which they could not do. They have come out and said that they are scrapping the faster expansions idea which means they will prepare more for the later stages of the expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. 7.1 as the Kara 5-man(similar to 4.1), 7.2 as Kul Tiras as a raid where we kill Jaina, 7.3 as Tomb of Sargeras/Argus/Palace of Kil'jaeden/wherever.
    I sure as hell hope that , we do not kill Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    One way or another, I'm pretty confident that she won't survive to see 8.0 unless she's Forsaken.

I'd be surprised to get a full on Kara dungeon since we already go back there as part of the pre event and the mage artifact quest line, but it's possible I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'd be surprised to get a full on Kara dungeon since we already go back there as part of the pre event and the mage artifact quest line, but it's possible I guess.
    As far as I know, the dreadlord that attacks the tower disappears deeper into it and is just kind of left there. He would probably be the focus of the 5-man, either through the main tower getting the ZA/ZG treatment, the inverted tower, or the crypts.

As far as I know, the dreadlord that attacks the tower disappears deeper into it and is just kind of left there. He would probably be the focus of the 5-man, either through the main tower getting the ZA/ZG treatment, the inverted tower, or the crypts.
    Is that the dreadlord the mages are hunting in the class order, or another one?

7.1 Upside down Kara

7.2 Helya's raid

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Yessss! just like how Farahlon and the Ogre Island were scrapped to be "replaced" with something better.

I'm feeling better for not pre-ordering Legion already.
    I am still pissed Farahlon didn't make it into the game. Couldve helped with the pacing of the expansion in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Is that the dreadlord the mages are hunting in the class order, or another one?
    I think it's a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Why not? She's going mental anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, the community can, actually. Not only can they, they have - Blizzard has been through several iterations of being close-lipped as well as indiscreetly open about the development process. Part of the issue is the view of the community as a kind of gestalt, I guess. When parts of it cry out over changes we tend to view it externally as its entirety, but really it's just a minority of loud voices carry through over the din. Internally we're all just cliques of players with our vested interests: the casuals, the hardcore raiders, the hobbyists, the dungeon-runners, the PvP'ers. But when one clique begins braying it reads as "the community," and if the voices are loud enough they can force changes that the rest of the body might not appreciate.
    I should really clarify when I say community I tend to mean the mmo-champ one primarily

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    He already said that it's being replaced with something they think is cooler. So we're not losing anything, we're just getting something different. No reason to complain.
    Troll Raid
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Why not? She's going mental anyways.
    lame ending for a good character.