Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you needed blizzard to nerf content you didn't like so you would stop doing it?
    Pretty much. When it gives me 100k gold a week for 20 minutes of work twice a day, it's pretty mandatory in my eyes since all this gold will allow me to stay ahead of the pack in terms of buying crafted gear or raid boes, enchants, food, etc. It would be the height of stupidity to pass up that much free gold when I've played the game since TBC and have never accumulated so much with so little effort. Did I thoroughly answer your question?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    what like all raids before CATA ?? cos lets face if, no one does them for gold. its for the mount (mounts if u include achivements) or they are doing the legendary.
    Gotta disagreee here. As soon as someone says "I need gold" the first answer is "Go farm Cata raids!" Even though I have millions of gold, I still farmed them for the gold and transmog (on new toons), though not so much now, as I'm sick of doing them.

I have no idea how much of the population does them, but I would guess just as many do it for the gold as does it for the mounts

If they want to start nerfing gold fine because as soon as I can't pay for my sub with gold ill stop playing.

MOP raids mite make up the loss but I am not doing Cata+MOP on my main and like 4 alts to get a token. If I can't make enough a month on just my main ill stop playing.

None of these changes was needed but I knew they was coming
    Wait, didn't you say you were quitting because of flying or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Yeah, the change to cata raids is giving me less of a reason to consider coming back for Legion. I've seen a lot of things to love in the beta but, there's also a lot of red flags =/ LET ME LOVE YOU WARCRAFT!
    Lol if thats the reason you quit, you obviously don't enjoy the game that much, do you?

Brig strikes me as the kind of person who threatens to quit every 3 days yet has probably had a 6 year long uninterrupted subscription to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lol if thats the reason you quit, you obviously don't enjoy the game that much, do you?
    It's not the ONLY reason, hence the "lots of red flags" bit.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    So, keep making gold until patch hits live servers :P Gold will never be as easy to come by as it is right now.
    That's honestly the only reason I'm still subbed atm. I'm generating stupid amounts of gold and it sounds like it's ALL going away.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it a reason to not to play Legion in the first place? I can't wrap my head around that at all.

People will never be satisfied, first it's all these whine about how easy it is to get gold then when blizzard nerf it they whine. You guys need to stop finding excuses to dislike blizzard at any cost lol

If I can't make enough a month on just my main ill stop playing.
    Truly hope this is going to happen.

Yeah, but if this slight gold nerf pushes you over the edge, doesn't say much about your love for the game in general. Its like Jerry Seinfeld dumping any of the lovely women he dates for hilarious reasons.

Yeah, but if this slight gold nerf pushes you over the edge, doesn't say much about your love for the game in general. Its like Jerry Seinfeld dumping any of the lovely women he dates for hilarious reasons.
    I don't think I said it pushed me over the edge. I've been over that edge since I got into beta a while back.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You realize they don't care right? If you're buying via token they already got more money than your sub from someone else and quite honestly if nerfing four year old raid content gold drops is enough to push you over the edge then quite frankly the game is better off.
    Never said it was enough to push me over the edge. I said if they start nerfing gold to the point where I can't pay for my sub via tokens I'm done.

WoW in its current state to me isn't worth $15 out of my wallet a month. But I am more then happy to pay for it via gold and ya I know they got more and that is because there is people buying tokens with gold from sellers who paided $$$.

Remove the buyer u lose the seller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Pretty much. When it gives me 100k gold a week for 20 minutes of work twice a day, it's pretty mandatory in my eyes since all this gold will allow me to stay ahead of the pack in terms of buying crafted gear or raid boes, enchants, food, etc. It would be the height of stupidity to pass up that much free gold when I've played the game since TBC and have never accumulated so much with so little effort. Did I thoroughly answer your question?
    Safe to say I know ur not doing cata heroics. Because its impossable to do the 25man cata's twice a day and make 100k.

As for the rest of ur post. You want nerf others content because u got issues, check ur ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. I don't like how they are handling it but its not enough to make me quit.

I quite enjoy alot of the content they are adding with legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Brig strikes me as the kind of person who threatens to quit every 3 days yet has probably had a 6 year long uninterrupted subscription to the game.
    And you would be wrong, But to be fair I wouldn't have played WOD if it wasn't for the fact of tokens and I got the CE on sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Truly hope this is going to happen.
    Only a idiot wish's for people to stop playing...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pretty confident you said that though... I often see you say you'll be quitting for one reason or another..

Pretty confident you said that though... I often see you say you'll be quitting for one reason or another..
    Nope, No flying isn't enough to make me not quit. It is enough to make me not play as much but that also depends on the other content in the game as well.

I got lots to do some Legion so its worth my time atm.

I did say if LFR stays the WOD model with loot I wouldn't play but they are changing that
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    No REAL valid reasons to be honest to do these changes.
    When has that *ever* stopped them?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    When has that *ever* stopped them?
    Sadly that is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    10k a week for about 2, maybe 3, hours of work.

[...]

10k a week for doing nothing.
    So which one is it? 2 or 3 hours, or nothing? 10k for 2-3 hours is abysmal. Token in EU is over 80k gold and costs 20 €. So you'd spend 2-3 hours to make 2.5 €. Sitting in a shopping street and begging for money would be more effective.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it was enough to push me over the edge. I said if they start nerfing gold to the point where I can't pay for my sub via tokens I'm done.

WoW in its current state to me isn't worth $15 out of my wallet a month. But I am more then happy to pay for it via gold and ya I know they got more and that is because there is people buying tokens with gold from sellers who paided $$$.

Remove the buyer u lose the seller.

- - - Updated - - -

Safe to say I know ur not doing cata heroics. Because its impossable to do the 25man cata's twice a day and make 100k.

As for the rest of ur post. You want nerf others content because u got issues, check ur ego.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And you would be wrong, But to be fair I wouldn't have played WOD if it wasn't for the fact of tokens and I got the CE on sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Only a idiot wish's for people to stop playing...
    Ego? I'm saying I'm happy about a decision and you get all butthurt over an Internet comment. Try again
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I won't comment on the others cause I wasn't using them (while I find the token nerf silly because really, 3 gold each, lol, are we in vanilla again, where 1k was a lot?).

However I am very invested into 25 hcs, so that's what I will say: I am doing about 15 full 25 hcs runs a week since a while, that's 100k gold and takes away almost my whole weekly time and I have a lot, it's nothing compared to what I can make with pet flipping in AH across several realms (got almost 15 mil gold with over 15 mil spent this exp on mounts), at this point, without any nerf, the 7,2k gold you get soloing 25 hcs on 1 char, which takes 1h 10-1h 40 depending on class and gear is so low compared to AH that I only do them on the realms I have very few gold, so then I can flip stuff with it.

I'd like to remind you all that back in cata tbc bosses were dropping 250 gold each, then in 5.0.4 blizzard did a permanent nerf on all raids, including future ones, which reduced the gold by 10 times in 10-man raids, 25 times in 25-man raids etc., so for example azgalor no longer dropped 250 gold + items on hyjal summit when solo but 10 gold + items, and likewise alysrazor 25 hc no longer dropped 3.125 gold + items but 125 gold + items and this is the current situation.

Blizzard said that was supposed to be a permanent nerf and honestly I can't understand why they really had to break what they said by doing this silly further nerf.

Assuming there's about 30 items per run with a vendor value over 10 gold, we will lose about 1,2k, so we will get 6k instead of 7,2k from cata raids, it's not a lot, it's a 20% nerf, but I really cannot understand the need for something like this, this had NOTHING to do with the exhorbitant inflation we have seen, it was all due to gold missions.

Like someone said, mop raids are weaker than cata, they can already be soloed on 25 hc, but inefficient atm, in legion they will be a joke, but they will barely give 6k and you can't get past galakras due to mechanics, and maybe sha due to insane dps needed.

The biggest profit from mop raid soloing will be pet selling, which again is AH reliant, pets there sell between 20k and 100k each, depending on which, go figure.

A thing I find really silly is it looks like they're reducing gold generation to vanilla-like, forgetting we have amounts (already made) around 1.000 times the amounts we were going around in vanilla, so it kills whoever doesn't have that gold yet atm.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-06-18 at 09:25 PM.

If you're spending one week to get 100k out of raids, you're far better off working a fraction of that time and selling tokens.
    So in short, you're doing it wrong.

On the other hand, these measures came way too late, WoD already made anyone who invested a bit in garrisons a millionaire, so... pointless.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-06-18 at 09:33 PM.