Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Please based Australia bring us 100 million.
    or Japan lol

I do wonder how the movie would had been if it had been dubbed in danish... a lot of danish dubbing is rather cringy, usually when its mixing danish and english words/terms together XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    We will have to wait for the 2nd weekend in china.
    Predictions say something like $20-25M weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why. Is it because of the bad marketing? Or Warcraft isn't felt much there? Why did it make so much money in Europe and not in the US?
    I don't watch cable or basic TV much so I'm not sure how much air time the trailer got. But I never saw billboards or displays in malls for the movie. Even when I went to buy the action figures they were and the end of an isle which took me 10 minutes to find at Toy's are Us.

I also think WoW is looked at as a very old game now in the states. People still playing it are viewed as being weird for not moving on yet. From my point of view at least. Some people I know who played it years ago look at it as a by gone era and are surprised to hear that it's still around. As far as I know none of them have watched the movie yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I asked my friends (I live in Sweden) if they wanted to see it, but they said they would not because they have heard it received really terrible reviews (Rotten Tomatoes). The second I watched it, I managed to bring a friend who has no knowledge of Warcraft all, but loves fantasy. He liked it a lot that, and now he is considering going to see it again.
    Gotta convince the other group of friends then! Every seat counts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittlebites13 View Post
    I don't watch cable or basic TV much so I'm not sure how much air time the trailer got. But I never saw billboards or displays in malls for the movie. Even when I went to buy the action figures they were and the end of an isle which took me 10 minutes to find at Toy's are Us.

I also think WoW is looked at as a very old game now in the states. People still playing it are viewed as being weird for not moving on yet. From my point of view at least. Some people I know who played it years ago look at it as a by gone era and are surprised to hear that it's still around. As far as I know none of them have watched the movie yet.
    The Marketing in the US was rather poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    As I said, the magic of dubbing helps to conceal shitty acting and dismal dialogs. The facial expressions remain, but they do not harm so much.
    Films don't get dubbed in most international markets. And it's equally liked in all international markets. I.e., your argument is a bad one.

Yeah like, the movie wasn't dubbed in the scandinavia, but it did really well here

Yes, but European one wasn't that better, or am I wrong? Still it was a success in Europe

What sucks is that the marketing was poor even before the reviews came out. I went that first Saturday to a 5:00pm showing at a mall theater and there were maybe 20 at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Yes, but European one wasn't that better, or am I wrong? Still it was a success in Europe
    The only marketing I have ever seen here in Denmark was the international trailer, 1 TV commercial (which didn't air on all channels) and then the day the movie premiered, I saw an advertisement in the newspaper (on the other side of a poor review of the movie lol)

Might only have been in the area I live, but still. It hasn't had huge marketing in Denmark either but it is still doing rather decent (after 22 days)

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    The only marketing I have ever seen here in Denmark was the international trailer, 1 TV commercial (which didn't air on all channels) and then the day the movie premiered, I saw an advertisement in the newspaper (on the other side of a poor review of the movie lol)

Might only have been in the area I live, but still. It hasn't had huge marketing in Denmark either but it is still doing rather decent (after 22 days)
    It might be that the US just doesn't have enough WoW fans anymore to help push the rest of the population to see the movie. It's 4-6 years to late to the party. A lot of WoW fans do love the movie, or at least enjoyed it. Everyone else I ask is like, eh, I'll wait 3 months and watch it on DvD or Netflix Etc. Then they ask if I've seen star wars and have TFA on dvd yet.

Are blue ray and other sales part of the $50 million?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Why are DVDs still around...or why do we get DVDroms for computers...Blu-ray is old so WTF?

I'll probably see the Warcraft movie a 3rd time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Why are DVDs still around...or why do we get DVDroms for computers...Blu-ray is old so WTF?

I'll probably see the Warcraft movie a 3rd time soon.
    There is a LOT of people not upgrading to the newest and shiniest right away. Most people wait with buying new stuff until the old breaks.

Japan isn't that interested, sadly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There is a LOT of people not upgrading to the newest and shiniest right away. Most people wait with buying new stuff until the old breaks.
    Dude!? Blu-ray is really old now...

Quote Originally Posted by sinthori View Post
    Japan isn't that interested, sadly
    They were not interested in Pacific Rim either, which I found surprising, especially with mecha anime being very popular there.

Dude!? Blu-ray is really old now...
    Not every family care much about the super quality of a Blu-Ray when they already have a DVD player. Especially since a BluRay player costs money

Deleted
    I have a friend who has about 800 DVDs. Seriously, her collection is HUGE. She basically buys every DVD that she sees, even if she doesn't know anything about the movie (yes, she's rich).

However, she doesn't have a BluRay player. Actually, she doesn't even know what BluRays are and what's the difference between them and DVDs.

The good news is: she liked the Warcraft movie and said that she's gonna buy the Extended Edition DVD as soon as it's released.