Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meanwhile, unattractive people get the same - only in the form of insults rather than compliments - and they don't get the extremely favorable treatment that comes with being attractive.
    One person having worse problems doesnt make the original person not have a problem. Kinda like telling otherwise healthy people "Stop being depressed! There's people dying of Malaria in Africa!"

The one girl at work likes to do up a few extra buttons on her cleavage and pull up her regularly low riding pants, then she winks at me and says "cause I know you can't help yourself".

Does that count?
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

Meanwhile, unattractive people get the same - only in the form of insults rather than compliments - and they don't get the extremely favorable treatment that comes with being attractive.
    Its the difference between being called a creep or charming depending on the girl's response.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    You don't even need to read beyond the title of this thread to gauge that the ensuing OP is sexist. You must be one of those pigslol
    sexist pig! can't you just tell that addressing females and talking about attractiveness is sexist??

I went through stages of that. at one point I wore short skirts, tight dresses, bright colors, heels, makeup, the whole deal. I loved the way I looked and felt dressed that way. than.. shit happened and I did a complete 180, and started wearing baggier, blander stuff. still occasionally wore heels because I'm one of those weirdoes that actualy finds them comfortable to wear, but usually under the kind of skirt that would make ultra conservative hasidic jew happy. few years later - I found more of a middle ground.

but yes, if I'm looking bland, its usually because I would really rather avoid attention, because i don't have the energy to deal with it vs the way looking hot makes me feel.

in any case - I met my SO during my "hide myself" phase and he saw me anyways, so... people who look at exterior temporary presentation and use it as their primary measuring stick on whether a person is worth their attention or whether they are beautiful is exactly the kind of people I'm perfectly happy to not have in my life in any way

First guy looks like an uncomfortable chipmunk, second looks like a creepy stalker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Well she refuses me when I tell her to fucking exercise lol. I have 8 grand worth of gym equipment in my garage bitch won't even get on a treadmill.
    Maybe she's hoping the prick she's in a relationship with leaves. Just a guess?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    First guy looks like an uncomfortable chipmunk, second looks like a creepy stalker
    so you prefer the guy that makes a song about how sexy he is and dress like a bros, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    so you prefer the guy that makes a song about how sexy he is and dress like a bros, gotcha.
    what if i like chipmunks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes. There's a reason why so many old people act like they don't give a shit, it's because they do indeed give zero fucks.
    *raises hand* I'm in my 30s and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks (outside of immediately family and sometimes not even them).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    what if i like chipmunks?
    lol, i dunno.

lol, i dunno.
    maybe your guys can't bring it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not even remotely the same concept. Everyone would have to be starving for that analogy to even come close.

The point is, everyone is judged by society at large by their appearance. It's not unique to attractive people or unattractive ones. However, the attractive ones are judged favorably while the unattractive ones...not so much.

Unless you want to paint, "Being viewed favorably by basically all of society" as a unique negative. Then, well...ok, I guess.
    Favorable can become unfavorable real quick when what you want to do tends to get shut down because "You're too pretty". and yes, Ive heard that happen. "You're too pretty to be just a doctor" is quite BS.

and the point is you're completely ignoring other people's issues because ugly people have it worse. Im sorry ugly people have it worse, but one doesnt get to completely trash other people's problems form being more attractive because of it.

if i was a girl i wouldn't let this guy touch me.
    If you were a girl he might not want to.

Yes, I do this every day by putting clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you were a girl he wouldn't want to.
    Not like im seeking his approval.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    This guys cuter than those 2 imo

I agree actually.

Whenever whatever however
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2023-06-13 at 09:41 AM.

I got secondhand embarrassment with this thread title alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile that same person has had doors opening up all around them their whole life because of that. And the one person who told them, "You're too pretty" likely doesn't mean shit anyway.

That's the point though, it's not a different problem. It's the same problem - the problem of society judging people based on physical appearance. The difference is that our mutual "problem" gets one of us shunned, mocked, rejected and so on, while the other gets widespread acceptance, advantages, more favorable mating choices, statistically superior career choices, etc.

It'd be like if two people were stranded in the ocean and one of them had gills. Ok, yeah, they both have the same problem, but one of them has just a tiny little advantage.
    and ive totally said that we should recognize our advantages and be thankful for them. Still, we do have our own problem and it gets annoying when people blast us for having them rather than just being thankful. (Im not actually attractive, but I come from a well off family so thats always fun...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes...it IS fun.

But like I said earlier, you were born into that, so you likely just take it for granted now and don't even recognize the advantages.
    considering the amount of dudes ive dated that were totally ok with draining me for money, not really. My fault for being a bad picker, but gaaaaah.

Also, I thought you knew me better than that. I completely understand what its done for me, such as provide for a better education and not have me take loans out for university among other things. Doesnt make the struggle to find a dude that doesnt see that money and go "Oh boy, I can slack!" any less of a problem, or that despite money being thrown at it, I still have mental issues.