Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes but still illegal and give you legal punishments if you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Jeffery Dahlmer was evil and crazy, it's not about "perspective"
    He was evil and crazy in your eyes and maybe the majority of the people.
    Tough in hes eyes he just as perfect as justin bieber is when he 1st spawned at the music industry.

It is all a matter of prespective you think you are holy'er then some one well you ain't.
    As you have the means to justify calling him crazy/evil so does he has hes own means to justify what he is doing even if hes mentally ill .

Look if the person is going something heinous or about to and the only way to save someone is to kill them, i'd say it's justified because you acted in the defense of others. but when that say murder is never justified are really afraid beyond reason of it's negative consequences and reasonably so, but not rightfully. Murder should be the last resort, not something you do to your neighbor if they are being a dick to you. And I say this because I am trying to be REASONABLE about such a serious and frightening subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Laci Green says all people accused of rape are guilty. So the answer is no. Also, she raped me.
    She is a bitch, but I'd do her if she started it. No rape excuse on my part there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    o...well then I guess murder isn't evil since it's all just a matter of perspective.
    It's a primal fear because of the obvious, and that is why most people see it as evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    If it's self-defense, then yes. If it's cold-blooded, then no. You cannot bring about good with an act of evil.

Now the whole "kill Hitler before he rose to power" argument is a bit unfair ... because it takes into account hindsight. Before the fact, we can never really know if he would have a change of heart and not do those awful things.
    Well said. in rare cases doing something that is generally bad can be done for good and vice versa.

There's no agreed-upon, objective definition of "evil".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    He was evil and crazy in your eyes and maybe the majority of the people.
    Tough in hes eyes he just as perfect as justin bieber is when he 1st spawned at the music industry.

It is all a matter of prespective you think you are holy'er then some one well you ain't.
    As you have the means to justify calling him crazy/evil so does he has hes own means to justify what he is doing even if hes mentally ill .
    he said he should die for what he did (T_T) so... maybe reevaluate what you just said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "Evil" according to whom?
    That's the thing. "Evil" is a point of view.

he said he should die for what he did (T_T) so... maybe reevaluate what you just said.
    He accepts what he did was wrong, it doesn't matter he didn't thing it was the right thing to do at the time when he did it.
    As i told you matter of view.

Most evil/crazy people are at peace and know the consequences of their action and are aware of whats to come if they get imprisoned.
    That doesn't change their prespective on the things they commit.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Depends. Are we trying to answer this from a legal perspective, or from a moral perspective?
    Yeah, that's pretty much what it boils down to.

From a legal perspective, murder is murder and needs to be treated as such.

Morally, as you say, no one is going to mourn the rapist, drug dealing, murderer.

So to answer the question, yes it doesn't matter how evil you are, you have your rights and they need to be protected and enforced just as any other would be. Frankly, I think we need to just set sentences for crimes and everyone gets the same penalty regardless. In the eyes of the law, there shouldn't be a difference between someone that goes out and kills someone for fun vs someone that goes out and kills someone to stop that person from doing evil. At the end of the day, someone was killed and there are penalties for that. That would also go a long way to fixing our corrupt system where if you've got the money, you can get that sentence dropped to 6 months on a rape charge vs 20 years for a normal person because "Jail would be too hard on him."

Jeffery Dahlmer was evil and crazy, it's not about "perspective"
    Totally agree.

And ironically anyone thinking that the Holocaust and related wasn't evil are those that most refer to as "deniers."

Deleted
    I don't endorse murder. I can understand the reasoning behind seeking retribution, if they killed somebody else first, but I don't think two wrongs make a right.

Besides, if you really want the person who, say, murdered your brother to suffer... death is too brief, it's not any real consequence. Instead, let the murderer live in a prison and live with the guilt for the rest of their life. That is punishment to me. The only downside to that is the fact that money has to go into giving the monster food, water etc.

Anyway, to sum it up;

"Evil" is a point of view.

Tough question, I'd say yes, take for example Kim Jong Un. You know the guy's actions will lead to the deaths of many people. Extreme example, I know, but in some cases, yes it is justified.

There is not such thing as "Just Murder". Tho some will run logical laps trying to set up scenarios where there is such a thing.

What there is a "Moral Compromise". One has to weight the cost-benefit ratio, the cost being the loss of a life, and the moral burden carried by whoever took that life, and the benefit is something like the security and prosperity of a society or actual saved lives.

But in the end, Murder is Murder and one has to bear the ethical and psychological consequences.

And this is why capital punishment is such a problem. We know that by the permanent detention of the convict society is safe (tho escapes might occur, that just asks for better detention methods), and we also know that executions are more costly than keeping someone detained for life (and they should be so, considering that our justice system is prone to human error, and thus we sometimes end up killing innocent people). And we also know that the Death Penalty is NOT a deterrent. This means we are debasing ourselves as a society by acting on our instincts. The death penalty is not justice. It's vengeance.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what is defined as "evil". Putting spoilers in the thread title is evil. Turning off the lights when someone is taking a deuce is evil.
    You cared enough to post.

o...well then I guess murder isn't evil since it's all just a matter of perspective.
    Not evil, just very dangerous and mentally unhinged.

Again, there is no measurement or factual tell on whether someone is evil or not. Claiming someone is evil is entirely opinion, like claiming someone is beautiful or ugly.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

no

Infracted - Minor spam. Do not stretch the page
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-06-19 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    "Evil" is such a subjective term, and in many cases irrelevant.
    Either a person is a threat to others, or it isn't.
    I couldn't care less if someone likes to watch people getting killed/raped.
    I only care about what a person does about it.
    I do care if someone kills/rapes people.
    It's not a subjective term. Some people are just wrong about how they define it.

And if someone enjoys others being killed/raped, I would call that an indication of risk - which has value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Again, there is no measurement or factual tell on whether someone is evil or not. Claiming someone is evil is entirely opinion, like claiming someone is beautiful or ugly.
    You could also define it as the intent to damage for personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    You could also define it as the intent to damage for personal gain.
    Sure I would consider such people evil, asshats, greedy, etc., but it's entirely opinion. I find certain people good looking and select video games as the best there is, none of those are facts. Just opinions.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Just more Holocaust denying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I would consider such people evil, asshats, greedy, etc., but it's entirely opinion. I find certain people good looking and select video games as the best there is, none of those are facts. Just opinions.
    There's a difference between preference and moral value. There can be multiple preferences with equivalent moral value.

Just more Holocaust denying.
    I'm not sure how you managed to get "holocaust denying" out of that.