Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    IPushButtons: All these new difficulty modes are nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that their core mechanics are still busted as hell, leading people to brute-force everything instead of use tactics like suppression, flanking, tanking, etc.
    Agreed. Massive hyped this game up as a strategical, tactical, team based shooter with cover and flanking mechanics and skill choices that mattered.

What we actually got? A game where running around, mowing people down with an SMG and not using cover became the most effective way of playing.

That's called dropping the ball.....big time.

Yea, I'd love to see them actually fix the game so flanking and being tactical was the name of the game. This it would be a lot more enjoyable as a whole.

I haven't touched this game since the first incursion. I loved the game. Past tense. My biggest gripes are:

*the fact that they begun handing yellow out left and right, therefore making the grind myself and many others did pointless. I get it, people needed gear to catch up and not every yellow was good, but it took the whole leap from fresh 30 to geared out faster than necessary

*First incursion was one boss, and was a boring gauntlet fight as well.

*Ubisoft didn't punish the cheaters with the deployable shield bug, or the DPS stacking glitch. Yes, going forward they'd do something about it, but it let people gear up instantly and own the dark zone.

*Dark Zone became pointless. The fun of the 1.0 DZ was that rogues were rare, and they'd be willing to sacrifice ALOT for the chance of getting more. Now there's barely any point to going rogue with exception of general PvP/boredom.

I hope they can fix this game.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I haven't touched this game since the first incursion. I loved the game. Past tense. My biggest gripes are:

*the fact that they begun handing yellow out left and right, therefore making the grind myself and many others did pointless. I get it, people needed gear to catch up and not every yellow was good, but it took the whole leap from fresh 30 to geared out faster than necessary

*First incursion was one boss, and was a boring gauntlet fight as well.

*Ubisoft didn't punish the cheaters with the deployable shield bug, or the DPS stacking glitch. Yes, going forward they'd do something about it, but it let people gear up instantly and own the dark zone.

*Dark Zone became pointless. The fun of the 1.0 DZ was that rogues were rare, and they'd be willing to sacrifice ALOT for the chance of getting more. Now there's barely any point to going rogue with exception of general PvP/boredom.

I hope they can fix this game.
    They have a LONG way to go before this game could be considered "fixed".

So haven't played in awhile but just curious if incursions have matchmaking and if so how do those usually go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So haven't played in awhile but just curious if incursions have matchmaking and if so how do those usually go?

Just like in any other game with matchmaking. Sometimes you land in a awesome group, sometimes you land in a group of tools.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    First DLC Underground: XB1/PC June 28th, PS4 Aug 2nd
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay weapon balancing! What do we get?!

Shotguns stagger and some damage increase. Yay, I guess. Still won't use them probably.
    LMG's get more accurate over time. Yay I gues. Probably still won't use them.
    AR's get armor damage. That's good.

AUG and Vector do -10% damage. Shit. Goddamnit.
    M1A is more inaccurate. Shit. Goddamnit.
    Striker and Sentry 2 and 3 piece bonus being moved to 5pc so you can't have both. Goddamnit.

Basically they took most people's build and made them shit. "Balance".
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The game/balance was so broken they have to basically "break everything" and rebuild from the ground up. I guess this is the start of that then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if I could just get an AR that shoot straight.
    Last edited by chazus; 2016-06-24 at 09:11 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Now if I could just get an AR that shoot straight.
    That's my problem with my AR....I never got an M1A but...yet...I just can't....these developers are just breaking their game. I understand to balance they kind of have to...but how about fixing the talents that are broken still. Before destroying specific guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That's my problem with my AR....I never got an M1A but...yet...I just can't....these developers are just breaking their game. I understand to balance they kind of have to...but how about fixing the talents that are broken still. Before destroying specific guns.
    I had a 182 Black Market AK-47, and I loved it (prior to 1.1). I upgraded to the 204 AUG and it was fantastic. I finally got a good 204 BM AK-47 and it was just very... meh. I got so used to the ridiculous accuracy of the AUG that... everything else was blah.

And I haven't seen a 204 SCAR-L anywhere yet.

Deleted
    It's all "weapon balance here" and "new sets there".
    Do they even touch skill balance in 1.3? Or bug fixes?

btw:
    most ARs are more accurate than SMGs, at least the AK is. Just get one with stable and you should be fine. The AUG is accurate "enough" but not really accurate compared to ARs.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-06-24 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It's all "weapon balance here" and "new sets there".

Do they even touch skill balance in 1.3? Or bug fixes?
    Im sure there's bug fixes (looking forward to 'and many more!'?) ... As far as skill balance... I know they're doing some type of skill reroll... So now everyone will have deadly brutal accurate

Deleted
    hmmm, I don't think so.

Armor% dmg, heal on crit etc are all viable and probably stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underground DLC trailer.

Seems interesting, but I'm not expecting much with the current track record.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-06-27 at 09:19 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks decent enough to hop back on i think. At least for a while. I've mostly enjoyed the base game, but Incursions weren't enough to keep me around and Dark Zone turned out shit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Looks decent enough to hop back on i think. At least for a while. I've mostly enjoyed the base game, but Incursions weren't enough to keep me around and Dark Zone turned out shit imo.
    Yeah I enjoyed the Single player stuff alot (even got all the colectible) but had no interest in the Dark Zone. Really hoping the underground will be a decent PvE alternative for end game. Haven't done incursions but mainly because I stopped playing for awhile and don't have the gear for it (I'd prefer to be at the the recommended gear score before trying a pug).

So its Ubisoft with random generation made up of interlocking premade sections.

How many "falling through the world" montages will we see online in the first couple of hours?

Is the only way to get the DLC on pc by buying the season pass? Don't really feel like paying another $62(AUD) for something I'm not sure I'll be playing in a few months
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "