Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    There are always signs from how the game went as to whether they're gonna BM you or not. If they instantly add you within a half second after the game where you lucked out on them in a mirror game, it's always BM. If you played a Zoo meta-deck and crushed them and they instantly add you, it's always BM.
    I don't think there's any logical way to add someone other than instantly - once again due to the memory aspect you will be gone from it if they don't add you immediately whether they win or not.

Lucking out doesn't necessarily mean a BM add. I've added and had people add me due to the fact we ran the same deck (generally not being any popular netdeck) even as the loser.

A lot of requests are BM outright yes. If you don't want to accept because of that then don't, but accepting later does absolutely nothing for those who will BM and is simply a dick move to those who legitimately wanted to add you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    A lot of requests are BM outright yes. If you don't want to accept because of that then don't, but accepting later does absolutely nothing for those who will BM and is simply a dick move to those who legitimately wanted to add you.
    It gives the BM'ers time to cool off so any BM is meaningless at that point.

If they legitimately wanted to add you and have half a brain they will understand if you add them later. You can even tell them why you did it if you want and they'll agree with you and say it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    It gives the BM'ers time to cool off so any BM is meaningless at that point.

If they legitimately wanted to add you and have half a brain they will understand if you add them later. You can even tell them why you did it if you want and they'll agree with you and say it's a good idea.
    No, because the whole point is they don't remember. Likewise if someone wants to add you for amicable reasons and you ignore it they will forget that too. I don't know what palace you came from but noones going to play your games if you expect everyone to wait for and remember you.

That would instantly drop any expectations I had of you, as you're intentionally BM'ing EVERYONE to just to make sure you BM... BM'ers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, because the whole point is they don't remember. Likewise if someone wants to add you for amicable reasons and you ignore it they will forget that too. I don't know what palace you came from but noones going to play your games if you expect everyone to wait for and remember you.

That would instantly drop any expectations I had of you, as you're intentionally BM'ing EVERYONE to just to make sure you BM... BM'ers.
    I can't help it if your experiences are different and you make a lot of assumptions. If you lower your expectations of me just because I accept your invite ½ hour later then we weren't meant to be friends in the first place.

Playing arena. I'm doing pretty good. Won 10 games. I played mostly pallies and mages of course. But played two paladins who played a light in the darkness. One game him Bolvar while I had crazy board presence. Luckily still won. Second game, Played the card. Tirion...Didn't win that game =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Reno Mage dominating a Dragon Priest; he had absolutely woeful draw and was sitting on 1-2 cards ever since turn 7. I've got full board control with Thaurissan, Summoner and the SSC he spawned and Water Ele, with Ice Block up.

He Thoughsteals, and plays the Frost Nova he got from it. I Alex him.

He plays Yogg - from Thoughtsteal. Take note that he had played exactly five spells this game: 1 PWS, 1 Nova, one Entomb, that Thoughtsteal and that Nova.

Pyro on my face
    Fireball on my face
    Holy Fire on my face
    Flare
    Fist Of Jaraxxus... which hits my face. And kills me.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Heh, playing at work and go up against this Shaman with my N'Zoth Pally.

Pretty much destroying him, got a hand full of cards - including two different flavors of board clears and my N'Zoth - some stuff on the board, and all he has is a couple cards in hand.

Then disaster strikes: a co-worker comes to my desk and wants to chat. Sigh. So minimize HS and blah blah blah.

Come back and I've lost, of course. Send the guy a friend request to apologize for roping X number of turns in a row, he accepts and instantly messages me, "lololol u so mad u quit and rope when I start pwnin u lololol nub rekt"

....yeah, ok. Whatever.
    I guess that's what you get for trying to be nice I suppose... I swear so many in the HS community are just toxic, but I think it is more of a video game attitude kind of thing in general. When playing there are too many people who just get such an ego for some odd reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mage vs Priest, I'm getting absolutely smashed. I've decked out and he's still at full HP thanks to Justicar. My Yogg failed hilariously. Pyro, CoC and Nova in hand - fuck it. I Pyro my own face and end turn, fatigue will kill me next turn. He played very well so he deserves a win-turn.

He plays his own Yogg. Which fails even MORE spectacularly. Nukes his own face multiple times and repeatedly draws him into fatigue. Again. And again. And AGAIN.

His turn ends with him on 11 HP.

Which meant I could have Pyro'd him then and won with fatigue, had I not hit my own face for 10 last turn and died to my own fatigue now.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

WHO RUNS YOGG IN AN N'ZOTH PRIEST DECK

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm an ass. I played vs some mage as a C'Thun Hat Yogg deck(its... Different. Anyways the entire game the mage just pinged my minions while I just went face. By turn 5 he finally played sonething but I just kill it. By turn 6 I have lethal... But I don't take it. I kill my own kinions and throw explosive trap down. He falls fir it and attackd my face and dies. Ultimate BM to get him kilo himself?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Is priest the new unbeatable class that everyone is playing now? I played quite a few last night, probably 15 out of about 20 games. I think I might have won once. Here is an example - I play emperor, shadow word death. I play Rhonin, MC, I play firewaker, cabal shadow priest, I play Archmage Antonidas, MC, I play ethereal conjurer, entomb, I play water elemental, shadow word pain.

Get the pattern? The dumb ass priests have an answer for every worthwhile card and to make matters worse, they have that gay 4/3 that copies 2 of your cards as if their own deck isn't already good enough. So, while they take or kill every single damned minion I drop, any damage I managed to have done just gets healed with hero power.

Deleted
    Not in my experience, I have seen zero priest while doing my rank climb for the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Not in my experience, I have seen zero priest while doing my rank climb for the reward.
    I swear I think the game chooses you opponents base don your class and deck. No way is it random. I'll see the same priest decks constantly while playing my yogg reno mage and then if I switch to play my paladin I won't see a single one of those priests.

Deleted
    Priest is the worst class in Standard Constructed atm, by a long slide. While they have all the answers, they struggle a lot to get the board and for card draw.

If you are playing a mage for example, you need to mulligan aggressively for early game(Mana Wyrm) and pummel the priest down. If he feels like Shadow Word Paining your Mana Wyrm, that's 1 extra spell he can't cast on a Sorc Apprentice/ or the new 3/2 spellpower minion or Water Elemental. You just need to force him to play from behind. If the priest is at 30 HP at 6 mana, you're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Is priest the new unbeatable class that everyone is playing now? I played quite a few last night, probably 15 out of about 20 games. I think I might have won once. Here is an example - I play emperor, shadow word death. I play Rhonin, MC, I play firewaker, cabal shadow priest, I play Archmage Antonidas, MC, I play ethereal conjurer, entomb, I play water elemental, shadow word pain.

Get the pattern? The dumb ass priests have an answer for every worthwhile card and to make matters worse, they have that gay 4/3 that copies 2 of your cards as if their own deck isn't already good enough. So, while they take or kill every single damned minion I drop, any damage I managed to have done just gets healed with hero power.
    Don't play your big minions & you generally win against priest. It is mostly about being patient for a game that will last to fatigue then wait for that golden moment that they use their golden monkey.

Deleted
    not really venting since i won this game in the end but...

had 2 quests to win with warlock / something so i brought out my zoo, playing vs a priest

i have quite a developed board, he played like maybe 1 minion so far, turn 5 - excavated evil. ok that was to be expected, i replay some minions cause well, whats a chance hes got another aoe.
    next turn - another excavated evil. oh well, thats worse but luckily i had 1/1 deathrattle warlock guy in hand and forbidden tentacles, so i play them both and have full board cause im pretty sure hes out of aoes at this point... and here comes shadow word: horror... like srsly who plays this o.O

later on, he played 1 thorughsteal, what did he get? my only sea giant which he played super cheap cause i had a full board.. luckily managed to kill him that turn

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Don't play your big minions & you generally win against priest. It is mostly about being patient for a game that will last to fatigue then wait for that golden moment that they use their golden monkey.
    Interesting, I think I will try that strategy next time I face one.

Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    not really venting since i won this game in the end but...

had 2 quests to win with warlock / something so i brought out my zoo, playing vs a priest

i have quite a developed board, he played like maybe 1 minion so far, turn 5 - excavated evil. ok that was to be expected, i replay some minions cause well, whats a chance hes got another aoe.
    next turn - another excavated evil. oh well, thats worse but luckily i had 1/1 deathrattle warlock guy in hand and forbidden tentacles, so i play them both and have full board cause im pretty sure hes out of aoes at this point... and here comes shadow word: horror... like srsly who plays this o.O

later on, he played 1 thorughsteal, what did he get? my only sea giant which he played super cheap cause i had a full board.. luckily managed to kill him that turn
    SW: Horror is teched in specifically for zoolock.

Throwing down C'thun and win at turn 10 because he does like 20 dmg is just pathetic. Dont know why blizzard supports stupid gameplay so much.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Throwing down C'thun and win at turn 10 because he does like 20 dmg is just pathetic. Dont know why blizzard supports stupid gameplay so much.
    Me either. I just can't understand their thinking in designing that play style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    There are many, many decks that counter C'thun. If you're not playing one, hard luck for you.