Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Something to note since you and the press took that quote and ran with it.

He said the Wii U and NX versions are identical outside of visuals.

He never said which one looked better. One would like to assume that would be the NX but he did not say that, so take that for what you will.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo never said that about the Wii.

The only time Nintendo ever said this was with the DS and GBA, and well it was basically true for a year or so then when the DS was flying off the shelves GBA development was abandoned.
    I was thinking of the wrong console I apologize. But my point still stands. You don't make another console to run alongside your old one. That's bullshit. And it's a poor excuse to make people keep buying the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think they'll also probably work with platinum again on something. maybe bayonetta 3 at some point if microsoft doesnt steal it.

but probably not a launch title
    MS isn't going to try to steal Bayonetta 3 after they see the sales of Scalebound.

MS unlike Sony and Nintendo won't continue to fund niche franchises. If it's not selling millions of units MS is going to throw their money at w/e they think will be the next big IP. There is a reason Halo, Gears and Forza are the only long running Xbox franchises.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I was thinking of the wrong console I apologize. But my point still stands. You don't make another console to run alongside your old one. That's bullshit. And it's a poor excuse to make people keep buying the Wii U.
    Well the Wii U is already getting better support in 2016/early 2017 then the Wii did in 2011/2012. Literally the only thing the Wii had of note in those years was Skyward Sword and Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics.

Of course the NX is going to eventually fully replace the Wii U, but Nintendo is still somewhat surprisingly supporting it well for being a dead in the water console. The Gamecube certainly didn't have support like this in 2006.

You think if this was MS or even Sony that the Wii U would be getting Zelda even and not have it switched over to full exclusive on the new hardware? Hell Sony actually did that with The Last Guardian, and MS never even makes first party games on a system in the last year of it's life.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The game looks fine, but doesn't look like a Zelda game to me at all. It looks like Skyrim with a Link mod.

I'd much more prefer a Zelda that was like Twilight Princess. A voice acted story set in the darker fantasy world with the more realistic graphics rather than the stupid half cel-shaded nonsense that is used to hide the actual quality under a unique look.

Was looking forward to buying this with my NX, but after this showing I probably won't be getting either until a price drop.

I'm looking for a Legend of Zelda game. Not a Legend of Skyrim game. Or a Legend of Witcher game. Its the same nonsense with Square Enix making all their RPG combat system basically some version of the Kingdom Hearts system. It works great in certain games but that doesn't mean I want that in every game.

I mean hell, the Shrines even sound AND LOOK like Skyrim minidungeons.
    TP wasn't voiced acted. And the "darker realistic" thing, bummed hard. Zelda can, easily, be dark and disturbing without trying to be real and grimdark, just look at MM, that shit is freaky as fuck. TP was a dreadful game really, it was basically a sad attempt of re-creating OoC whilst trying to be dark and edgy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    TP wasn't voiced acted. And the "darker realistic" thing, bummed hard. Zelda can, easily, be dark and disturbing without trying to be real and grimdark, just look at MM, that shit is freaky as fuck. TP was a dreadful game really, it was basically a sad attempt of re-creating OoC whilst trying to be dark and edgy.
    I wasn't saying it was voice acted. I said I wanted a game like TP but voice acted.

Also lol at "TP was a dreadful game." It got amazing reviews across the board. The game was fantastic. I don't really care that certain tryhards decided they didn't like it 9-10 years later.

Majora's Mask was not grimdark whatsoever. It was weird. Slightly dark, but nowhere near what anybody would consider grimdark.

Although frankly I have no desire to fight over your hatred of Twilight Princess. I'll let all the reviews peak for itself.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-06-18 at 06:33 PM.

TP was a good game, but I can't help but think people who try to defend it so hardcore played it while being teenagers in their emo/goth phase.

Especially when it was sandwiched between 2 much better 3D Zelda games, and is the worst 3D zelda game of the 5.

Even Nintendo knows TP had a terrible art direction, and a story that tried way too hard. They said as much while promoting SS.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-06-18 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Unless said console is just a gimmic upgrade like adding VR capabilities and better graphics

Which is exactly what Sony and Microsoft are doing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless said console is just a gimmic upgrade like adding VR capabilities and better graphics

Which is exactly what Sony and Microsoft are doing
    If it's exactly what Sony and Microsoft are doing, I think there's a 99% chance it's not what Nintendo is doing.

Besides, Reggie just said not too long ago that Nintendo sees no interest in VR.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#33d5accf17f8

More recent that I thought, I guess he reinforced it again.

I'd been off the Nintendo bandwagon for a couple of years now, but holy hell did this rope me right back on. This game looks nothing short of spectacular from everything I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If it's exactly what Sony and Microsoft are doing, I think there's a 99% chance it's not what Nintendo is doing.

Besides, Reggie just said not too long ago that Nintendo sees no interest in VR.

Idk I was just giving an example of what they could be doing that wouldn't replace the wiiU. According to them it's not suppose to replace it but be along side of it. Of course it could be hogwash but who knows?

Some Nintendo rep told ProJared you can use dog based amiibo in Breath of the Wild
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Some Nintendo rep told ProJared you can use dog based amiibo in Breath of the Wild
    It lets you summon Wolf Link as a pet that helps you fight in-game. There are three other amiibos that are going to tie in, all new. One of Link firing an arrow in midair, another of Link riding Epona (probably Epona, anyway), and a third of a Guardian, one of the Beamos tentacle robots. No idea what in-game effect those will have, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It lets you summon Wolf Link as a pet that helps you fight in-game. There are three other amiibos that are going to tie in, all new. One of Link firing an arrow in midair, another of Link riding Epona (probably Epona, anyway), and a third of a Guardian, one of the Beamos tentacle robots. No idea what in-game effect those will have, though.
    i know that, but they didnt say wolf link, they said dog based amiibo.

the rep might have been confused but it may mean we can use duck hunt dog too,

with the wind waker art style he wouldnt really look very out of place
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Reggie remembers the Virtual Boy. Reggie is a good guy.

I mean, if Nintendo was doing R&D for VR we would know about it and they're not unless they just started and it's really early. Pairing up with a 3rd party headset like MS is doing would never happen with Nintendo. So yea, NX and VR? Don't see it happening in the least. NX only a slight power upgrade over Wii U with a new gimmick? I COULD see that happening unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, if Nintendo was doing R&D for VR we would know about it and they're not unless they just started and it's really early. Pairing up with a 3rd party headset like MS is doing would never happen with Nintendo. So yea, NX and VR? Don't see it happening in the least. NX only a slight power upgrade over Wii U with a new gimmick? I COULD see that happening unfortunately.
    Ah but how mandatory is that gimmick? That's really the defining question if nintendo is telling the truth that it won't replace the WiiU. Outside VR and maybe additional streaming services I can't think of anything that they could do. They have been so secretive it's kinda scary. However by the sound of things the gamepad isn't going anywhere :l

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ah but how mandatory is that gimmick? That's really the defining question if nintendo is telling the truth that it won't replace the WiiU. Outside VR and maybe additional streaming services I can't think of anything that they could do. They have been so secretive it's kinda scary. However by the sound of things the gamepad isn't going anywhere :l
    Gamepad will probably be an optional accessory for NX I would guess, similar to how wii motes stuck around option on Wii U(unless you're playing MP lul).

If I had to guess what the gimmick would be, it would be cloud computing based physics for games similar to what we're seeing with crackdown on xbox one but far more hardcore. Ability to supplant the forced online required by connected extra devices together somehow. That's the only thing that would make any sense based off of their patents anyways.

Wouldn't be intrusive or required(if Nintendo didn't go full retard) but could do amazing things for games that actually use it.

all i want out of my gamepad is off tv play.

if nintendo allows me to buy the nx and keep using my gamepad to stream off the tv im good.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I wasn't saying it was voice acted. I said I wanted a game like TP but voice acted.

Also lol at "TP was a dreadful game." It got amazing reviews across the board. The game was fantastic. I don't really care that certain tryhards decided they didn't like it 9-10 years later.

Majora's Mask was not grimdark whatsoever. It was weird. Slightly dark, but nowhere near what anybody would consider grimdark.

Although frankly I have no desire to fight over your hatred of Twilight Princess. I'll let all the reviews peak for itself.
    ... Who actually gives a shit about reviews? Reading a review doesn't change a thing honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Reggie remembers the Virtual Boy. Reggie is a good guy.
    I think Reggie has a point though. Right now, VR is not something for the masses. If they would add VR potential to it, it would mean more development for them when maybe 10% or less of their audience is going to make use of it. Especially considering that Nintendo is targeting a younger audience than the other two companies, whose parents aren't that reluctant to spend a large sum of money on a VR gimmick.

- - - Updated - - -

i think the motion gaming isnt happening. since aounuma already said those who liked it in ss might be disappointed.

but the shoulder thing seems likely