Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Would require quite a lot of work but sounds good! So far only legendaries have them but would be nice for normal mons have them too. Would give a motivation to try as many mons as possible... It

I find this 5th moveslot issue, strange. It would be very... sudden to add a 5th moveslot for every pokemon. It would change up a lot of things. Not that it couldn't happen, but... I don't think it's going to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I find this 5th moveslot issue, strange. It would be very... sudden to add a 5th moveslot for every pokemon. It would change up a lot of things. Not that it couldn't happen, but... I don't think it's going to.
    One thing i can think of. You can have 5 moves, but only use 4.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I didn't mean that every existing mon gets it's complete own attack, more like something like this:
    depending of type or bodytype (or egg group or whatever) several mons of that group get one signature move
    for example nidoking/queen, Rhyperior, tyranitar get take down or eartquake
    every mon with blades (or similar to blades) get slash

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    One thing i can think of. You can have 5 moves, but only use 4.
    Still does not make sense. What would happen in online battles? You would pick 4 moves to use for all 6 mons before every battle in preparation? Or if you would "pick" them during battle by using them... that would still allow for too much, throwing out of the window the "balance" of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still does not make sense. What would happen in online battles? You would pick 4 moves to use for all 6 mons before every battle in preparation? Or if you would "pick" them during battle by using them... that would still allow for too much, throwing out of the window the "balance" of the game.
    More of a lock system. 4 normal skills that can be used in battle and 1 inactive. If the 5th slot is a tm, it can be used in world, no matter if its selected or not.

The way I see it :

There is a HUGE space on the left, with no utility for the moment, and there is also a 5th slot move on the switch screen.
    If the 5th move is only usable under conditions (Megas, new mode from new bracelet) and it is a FIXED move (for exemple Mega Ampharos/Mega Jungko gain Draco Meteor, this two are the best exemple since they gain Dragon type but can't learn it because their base form are not ) then it can appear on the left side of the screen and the 5th space has a purpose since Mega stay Mega during all fight.

In any case this 5th slot has a purpose. That is certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The way I see it :

There is a HUGE space on the left, with no utility for the moment, and there is also a 5th slot move on the switch screen.
    If the 5th move is only usable under conditions (Megas, new mode from new bracelet) and it is a FIXED move (for exemple Mega Ampharos/Mega Jungko gain Draco Meteor, this two are the best exemple since they gain Dragon type but can't learn it because their base form are not ) then it can appear on the left side of the screen and the 5th space has a purpose since Mega stay Mega during all fight.

Actually this picture shows that it is most probably NOT just a free fifth move slot for everyone. From a design standpoint it would just be so much more fitting to have all 5 in a row and not split one of them off to the left. So with the lack of space beneath Disarming Voice, I'd say it is some fixed/conditional/whatever move as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    The way I see it :

Sure, could happen, I guess. Things like Core Enforcer.

Deleted
    Very doubtfull, but does anyone buy real packs of cards, and don't need the tcg online code?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, could happen, I guess. Things like Core Enforcer.
    Maybe Relic Song too, and the special moves for Solgaleo and Lunala

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Maybe Relic Song too, and the special moves for Solgaleo and Lunala
    That's a very good idea, actually. Having 3 slots for physically offensive meloetta was never good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uggghhhh sitting on 684 for my dex, it's annoying that it sometimes takes a good 10+ minutes to get a trade from the GTS where as other times the pokemon I put up get traded pretty much instantly.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Uggghhhh sitting on 684 for my dex, it's annoying that it sometimes takes a good 10+ minutes to get a trade from the GTS where as other times the pokemon I put up get traded pretty much instantly.
    which ones are you missing? We might be able to help you out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    which ones are you missing? We might be able to help you out
    Sorry for the late reply, been trying to fill it up as much as I could primarily alone, think I only need a Stunky, I may be able to get that from Gen 4 if I can find one of my gen 4 games. the others is breeding or evolving stuff now.

OH, and Karrablast
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, been trying to fill it up as much as I could primarily alone, think I only need a Stunky, I may be able to get that from Gen 4 if I can find one of my gen 4 games. the others is breeding or evolving stuff now.

OH, and Karrablast
    I could easily breed you a karrablast if you want

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I could easily breed you a karrablast if you want
    Thanks, but I'm currently on Y looking for one in Route 14

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on about 715 odd pokemon for the dex, HORAAAAY, my pain is almost over, til Gen 7...

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Could I borrow someones Lopunny real quick, please? It's the last (non event) pokemon I need for my Dex